Last updated on April 11th, 2020 at 02:40 pm
Xiaomi announced, the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro back in 2018. The device has some pretty decent mid-range specs and features that are available at a very low price. The main USP of the device is the 4000 mAh battery. The device also features the IPS LCD display that produces bright and punchy colors. If you are the owner of the Xiaomi Note 5 Pro smartphone and are looking for a guide for unlocking the bootloader of the device then, you are at the right place. As in this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader of the Redmi Note 5 Pro.
Besides, unlocking the bootloader of any device is the first step in customizing your device. After this, you can go ahead and root the device to install custom ROMs, mods or restricted applications, etc. Unlocking the bootloader gives the users the developer privileges that allow the user to tweak the system settings and make the device their own.
However, you should note that unlocking the bootloader voids the warranty of the device. So, it is advisable that you should let the warranty period get over before unlocking the bootloader. However, if you are an advanced user, then you can follow this guide on unlocking the bootloader of Redmi Note 5 Pro.
What is Bootloader Unlock?
A bootloader is a program that is the first thing that boots up in your device whenever you turn ON your device. It commands the device to run the appropriate programs in order to run smoothly and provide better performance. Moreover, the bootloader is stored away from the reach of the user and is stored at a stable memory so that the user could not hamper the files. However, there are methods and ways via which you can safely unlock the bootloader of the device and go ahead with flashing a custom recovery to root your device. But, you should make sure to follow a reliable guide and follow the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage to your phone.
- You can install any custom ROM like Lineage OS, Resurrection ROM, etc.
- You can also root your device.
- Install a custom recovery like TWRP.
- After unlocking the bootloader, it voids the warranty of your device.
- You will no longer receive the official OTA updates.
- You can brick your device if you do not follow the steps carefully.
Now before we go ahead and use this tool to flash the stock firmware on your Redmi Note 5 Pro, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to do it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Redmi Note 5 Pro is charged to about 60% before operating it.
Take a complete backup
Before rooting, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Install ADB and Fastboot tools
You need to execute some commands on your PC for which you will be needing the ADB and Fastboot tools installed on your PC or laptop. You can download the latest version from here.
Mi Unlock Tool
You need to download the latest Mi unlock tool. You can grab the tool by clicking the link below:
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Redmi Note 5 Pro get recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Head over to this website and use your mobile number and Email ID to fill up a form.
- Fill in all the details asked by the form.
- Once you have submitted the application after sometime you will be notified via an SMS saying that your account is ready for unlocking.
- Now, download the latest Mi Unlock Tool from the above section of pre-requisites.
- You need to enable the Developer Options on your Redmi Note 5 Pro.
- Go to Settings>>About Phone>>tap on the Build Number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer”.
- Under the Developer Options, you need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock option as well.
- To do that again head to the Settings>>Developer Options>>enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlock.
- Now you need to sign in with your MIUI Account (The same one used earlier) and use a VPN to switch to China Servers.
- Then head over to Device Unlock Status, and select the option of Add Account and Device. This will bind the device to your account.
- Then, you need to backup all of your data and turn the Redmi Note 5 Pro phone off.
- Run the Mi Flash Tool and fill in all of your details.
- Then, you need to connect your phone in the Fastboot mode by pressing the volume down + Power button on your phone until you see the Fastboot screen.
- That’s it!
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys liked this guide and were able to unlock the bootloader of the Redmi Note 5 Pro smartphone. Note that you should only follow this guide if you are using it on Redmi Note 5 Pro and not any other devices to avoid problems. Moreover, you can go ahead and flash any custom recovery like TWRP to root your device and open the world of customizations. Let us know in the comments if you successfully unlocked the bootloader of the Redmi Note 5 Pro device using the above method or not. Until the next post…Cheers!