Samsung in the past few years, not only has brought featureful flagships but also has added various mid-range and upper mid-range phones to its portfolio. There was a time before where one would suggest you grab a Samsung phone only if you are willing to shed money for a flagship phone. But, times have changed and Samsung has great mid-range phones that sport some beefy specs and some even have top of the line features as well. One of the entrants in these segments was the last year December launched, Galaxy A51. Just to give you an overview, it is powered by the Exynos 9611 processor, 4-8 GB of RAM along with a 4000 mAh battery.
And if you also happen to be one of the owners of the Galaxy A51 smartphone and are looking for ways to unlock the bootloader and root your phone then, you are at the right place as in this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader and root your Samsung Galaxy A51. In order to avoid any issues, we would advise you to follow the steps mentioned in this post. So, that being said, let us get straight into the article itself:
- 1 Pre-Requisites
- 2 Steps to Install
Now before we go ahead and root the Galaxy A51, let us make a list of pre-requisites that are required to unlock it:
Charge your phone
You need to make sure that your Galaxy A51 is charged to about 60% before operating it for unlocking the bootloader to avoid any boot loop issues during the unlocking process.
You need a PC or Laptop
We would be running certain ADB and Fastboot commands that can be executed via PC or a laptop. So, we would need a computer in order to unlock the bootloader.
Take a complete backup
Before rooting, one of the most important things that you need to do on your phone is to take a complete backup of your phone. For that, you can follow the guide by clicking the link below:
Download USB Drivers
In order to make your Galaxy A51 get recognized by your PC, you need to have proper USB Drivers appropriate to your phone installed on your computer. And for that, you can follow the link below to download the correct Samsung USB Drivers on your PC.
Install ODIN in PC
Odin is used to flashing stock firmware file (in .tar or .tar.md5 formats) on Android-based Samsung devices and supports any Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, XP PC. You can install the latest Odin tool on your PC from the link given below:
You can use either of the links below to download the firmware for your Galaxy A51.
Steps to Install
Once you are ready with everything that is mentioned in the list of pre-requisites above, you can go ahead and root your Samsung Galaxy A51 by following the steps below:
Step 1: Activate the Developer option
- Enable the Developer Option on your device. To do this go to Settings>> About>> Software Information>> More.
- Tap on the Build Number 7-8 times until you see a message “Developer option enabled.”
Step 2: Enable USB Debugging and Developer option
- Now head back to Settings>> Developer Option>>Enable USB Debugging.
Step 3: Unlock Bootloader on your device
- In order to unlock the bootloader on your Galaxy A51, reboot your phone into the download mode and unlock the bootloader by pressing the button combo to enter the download mode and not with ADB or recovery.
- The button combo is: Hold Volume up + Volume down and plug in your PC. You need to turn off your phone first
Step 4: Root your Galaxy A51
- Firstly, you need to download the latest stock firmware for your Samsung Galaxy A51 using the above-mentioned tools.
- Now extract the firmware zip file with 7zip or any other unzipper.
- Copy the md5 file and paste it to your internal storage.
- Now download and install Magisk Manager APK.
- Then open the Magisk Manager and head over to Install>> Install>> Select and Patch a file.
- Now, locate the AP file.
- Once selected, the firmware will be patched and will be found in Internal Storage/Download/magisk_patched.tar.
- You need to transfer the patched file to your PC.
- Turn OFF your Galaxy A51 and boot into DOWNLOAD MODE.
- Now open the Odin tool, and click on AP and select the patched tar file. Make sure to uncheck the “Auto Reboot” option and click on Install.
- This will flash Magisk on your Samsung Galaxy A51.
- In order to boot in recovery or boot the system with Magisk installed:
- Powering up normally>> System without Magisk
- Power + Volume Up >> Bootloader warning>> Release all buttons>>System with Magisk
- Power + Volume Up >> Bootloader warning>> Keep holding volume up>>Actual recovery
So, there you have it from my side in this post. I hope you guys were able to successfully unlock the bootloader and root the Galaxy A51 using the guide above. Let us know in the comments below if you come across any issues while following the above-mentioned steps. Until the next post…Cheers!