Smartphone displays are getting bigger with every passing year, and Tecno might have released the biggest screen smartphone this year. The Tecno Camon 16, which sports a huge 6.9 inch, is bigger than big display flagship phones like the Oneplus 8 Pro. It was launched back on September 04, 2020.
In this guide, we will explain how to unlock the bootloader on Tecno Camon 16. This bootloader unlock guide is simple and easy to follow. Official Bootloader Unlock for Tecno Camon 16 will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to Unlock Bootloader On Tecno Camon 16, then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have unlocked the bootloader, then you can always relock the bootloader on your device anytime.
Tecno Camon 16 Device Overview
The Tecno Camon 16 sports a large 6.9-inch IPS LCD 90 Hz panel, which supports HDR+ playback. It has an FHD+ resolution of 1080 x 2460 pixels with a tall aspect ratio of 19.5:9. There is no information about the display screen protection from the company itself. Coming to the processor, we see the MediaTek Helio G90T processor, which is a capable processor and delivers performance like a high mid-range processor. It is an octa-core processor with two Cortex-A76 cores clocked at 2.05 GHz and six Cortex-A55 cores clocked at 2.0 GHz.
Coming to the cameras, we get a quad-camera setup at the rear. It features a 64MP primary sensor with an f/1.9 lens, an 8MP ultrawide sensor with an f/2.3 lens, a 2MP dedicated video camera with an f/2.4 lens, and a 2MP depth sensor with an f/2.4 lens. Now on the front side, we get a dual-camera setup with a huge 48MP sensor with an f/2.2 lens and an 8MP ultrawide sensor(105 degrees field of view) with an f/2.2 lens. The rear setup can capture videos up to 4K resolution while the front is only to 1080p resolution.
There is only a single storage and color variant of the smartphone launched with 8GB of RAM and 128GB of internal storage. As for the color, it is available in Glacial Silver. In terms of connectivity, we get Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, and USB Type-C 2.0. Powering it all up is a 4,500 mAh battery, which supports 33W fast charging. The battery goes from 0 to 70% in just 30 minutes, according to the company claims.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A bootloader is a program that is the first thing that boots up in your device whenever you turn ON your device. It commands the device to run the appropriate programs in order to run smoothly and provide better performance. Moreover, the bootloader is stored away from the reach of the user and is stored at a stable memory so that the user could not hamper the files. However, there are methods and ways via which you can safely unlock the bootloader of the device and go ahead with flashing a custom recovery to root your device. But, you should make sure to follow a reliable guide and follow the steps correctly in order to avoid any permanent damage to your phone.
Steps to unlock bootloader on Tecno Camon 16
Before you unlock the bootloader on Tecno Camon 16, make sure that you have the right tool for the process. Basically, we will need the Mi Flash Unlock Tool and the latest USB driver for the device.
- Charge your device up to 50% or more before unlocking the bootloader
- A PC and a USB cable to connect the phone to the system
- Always remember to take the backup of your device data.
- Install the correct Tecno USB Drivers.
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools on your system.
Instructions to install
- You need to enable the developer option to activate OEM unlock and USB Debugging
- To enable the developer option, Go to your Settings -> About phone -> Now tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “You are now a developer!“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded ADB fastboot Zip file on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to the computer using a USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- In your ADB fastboot folder open a command prompt window by pressing Shift Key + Right Mouse Click
- Now type the command in your command window
- If you see a pop up to allow USB Debugging on your phone, Click OK
- Now type the command below to reboot your phone to bootloader
adb reboot bootloader
- Once your phone reboots into bootloader, make sure your phone shows the bootloader locked and then type the command below to make sure fastboot drivers correctly installed.
- Now enter the command given below to verify whether your device is been connected properly to PC.
- This command will list the connected devices. If your phone’s serial number shows up, you are good to go and may continue. If the phone is NOT listed, this indicates that your drivers are not installed correctly. To keep the setup, you must fix your drivers to list your device under fastboot devices.
- If the phone is recognized by the command above, proceed to boot into bootloader by tapping down the volume down button on your phone and select the BOOT TO DOWNLOAD MODE option with the power key. Now you can unlock the bootloader with the following command: Remember that this step will wipe EVERYTHING off the phone.
fastboot flashing unlock
- Notably, if this command does not work you can try to use the below command:
fastboot oem unlock
- You will get a confirmation on your Android device’s screen, Navigate to yes and hit the Power button to unlock the bootloader of your device.
- Once the bootloader is unlocked, your smartphone will automatically reboot into bootloader mode.
- Now again you can enter the command to reboot your device to the system
- Your Android device will now reboot and during this, all data will be erased.
- That’s It!
That’s all you have to do to unlock the bootloader on Tecno Camon 16. Now, your phone is ready for all kinds of customization like rooting and you can use custom ROMs as well.