In this tutorial, we will guide you to unlock the bootloader on your Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (ZB601KL / ZB602KL). This guide is followed by Asus’s official unlock support website to get Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 unlock code.
Asus India launched its mid-range Zenfone Max Pro M1 today. The device comes with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. This is the first device from Asus that comes with pure Android without Asus’s Zen UI. Talking about the specs, Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 features a 5.99-inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels (19:9). The smartphone is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal memory. The camera on the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 comes with a dual-camera with 13 MP + 5 MP (4GB model) and 16 MP + 5MP (6GB model only) on the rear and front-mounted with an 8MP or 16MP camera for selfies. The handset runs on Android 8.1 Oreo and is backed by a 5000 mAh battery.
Now you can unlock the bootloader easily by following this simple tutorial to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1. Official Bootloader Unlock for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 will also void the device warranty. So if you planning to unlock the bootloader on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (ZB601KL/ZB602KL), then it’s always better to wait until your warranty gets over. In case if you have an unlocked bootloader, then you can always re-lock the bootloader on your device anytime.
What is Unlock Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as laptops, PC, Smartphones, and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with an Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your Android smartphone, Flash TWRP, and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
Before doing the methods, I just want to warn you that. By doing this, you will lose the warranty, and sometimes if you dont read the steps and do something wrong can brick your device. So read carefully before doing something wrong.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1:
Here we will guide you to unlock the bootloader, before that download the drivers and tools on your PC.
What you need:
- This Update is only for Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 (ZB601KL/ZB602KL) users.
- You need a Laptop or PC
- Working USB Cable
- Charge your phone to at least 70% Battery.
- GetDroidTips.com is not responsible for any damage to your phone while installing this Update.
- Make sure that you have the latest USB drivers installed.
- Download the ADB Fastboot tools.
- Take a complete backup of your phone and then proceed.
- Download Unlock Bootloader zip.
Instructions to Install:
- First of all, enable the Developer Option
- To Enable the Developer Option, Go to your Settings -> About -> Software Information -> More -> Now Tap on the Build Number 7-8 Times until you see a toast message “Developer option enabled“
- Go back to settings -> Now you need to enable the OEM Unlock by going to Settings -> Developer Option and Enable OEM Unlock and USB Debugging
- Download and Extract the Downloaded All-in-one Master zip file on your PC
- To boot into bootloader, Turn off your phone and then press and hold Volume Up + Power buttons.
- Now connect your phone to Computer using USB Cable.
- When you connect your Phone to Computer, please wait until all the drivers get installed.
- Now open All-in-one Master extracted folder, double click the file named below according to your model.
0.unlock_ZB602KL.bat (for ZB602KL) 0.unlock_ZB601KL.bat (for ZB601KL)
- If the bat file above doesn’t work, you can try to execute following commands：
fastboot flash all unlock_ZB602KL.raw
fastboot flash all unlock_ZB601KL.raw
- or you can try,
fastboot flash all unlock_ZB601KL.raw (for ZB601KL) fastboot reboot bootloader fastboot oem unlock-go
- wait to unlock your device.
- Once your bootloader has been unlocked successfully, you can reboot your phone.
- Wait until the phone has fully booted up into Android, and enjoy!
- On successful unlock the bootloader can be judged on the following lines:
Unlock Bootloader ... ... OKAY [0.032s] finished. total time: 0.033s
I hope this guide was helpful to unlock the bootloader on Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1.