On this page, we will guide you to install the TWRP Recovery on the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 (codename: ZB601KL / ZB602KL). This guide contains both the written instruction and a video tutorial to help you install it quickly. Make sure to download the files required and then jump straight into instructions on how to install TWRP Recovery on the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 (ZB601KL / ZB602KL).
Asus India launched its mid-range Zenfone Max Pro M1 today. The device comes with Android 8.1 Oreo out of the box. This is the first device from Asus that comes with pure Android without Asus’s Zen UI. Talking about the specs, Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 features a 5.99-inches IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2160 pixels (19:9). The smartphone is powered by an octa-core Qualcomm SDM636 Snapdragon 636 coupled with 4/6GB of RAM. The phone packs 64GB of internal memory. The camera on the Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 comes with a dual-camera with 13 MP + 5 MP (4GB model) and 16 MP + 5MP (6GB model only) on the rear and front-mounted with an 8MP or 16MP camera for selfies. The handset runs on Android 8.1 Oreo and is backed by a 5000 mAh battery.
Keep in mind that before heading over to the process, you will need to unlock the device bootloader at first. As the smartphone OEMs provide a locked bootloader to their devices due to some security concerns, in order to install any third-party file, you will need to unlock the bootloader. Then you will be capable to install TWRP Custom Recovery on your Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 device and root as well. The TWRP Recovery can also take Nandroid backups, restore, wipe out system/data/cache, and more.
TWRP Recovery and its Advantages
Team Win Recovery Project is an open-source software custom recovery image for Android-based devices. It provides a touchscreen-enabled interface that allows users to install third-party firmware and back up the current system which is functions often unsupported by stock recovery images. – WikiPedia
Advantages of TWRP Recovery:
- You can flash Custom ROM on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 using TWRP
- You can flash modding zip files to customize your phone
- Easy to flash and use Xposed Modules using TWRP
- Easy to Root and Unroot using TWRP Recovery flashable zip SuperSU
- You can install Magisk on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
- Easy to Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery.
- Easy access to restore the Nandroid Backup.
- You can flash the image file using TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
- Easy to remove all bloatware using TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1.
- To underclock and overclock.
- You can clean Wipe, Cache, and Data.
Steps to Install TWRP Recovery on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
Before going to the TWRP installation process, make sure to follow all the pre-requirements mentioned below properly.
- The file and guide are supported for the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 (ZB601KL / ZB602KL) model only. Don’t try it on other devices.
- Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 bootloader should be unlocked.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required for this process.
- Make sure to take a Full Backup of Device Data (No Root).
- Charge your device battery to full.
- Download All Required Files:
TWRP Recovery Details
|File Name||TWRP Recovery|
|Download Links||Webserver | MEGA|
Install TWRP via ADB and Fastboot Tool
After downloading all the required files, drivers, and tools, follow the installation process.
- First of all, enable the Developer Options and USB Debugging mode on your device.
- Head over to the device Settings > System > About Phone > then tap on the Build Number for seven times to enable Developer options mode.
- Now, go to the Developer options in the Settings menu and turn on the toggle to enable USB debugging.
- Next, open the ADB & Fastboot folder on your computer. Then press and hold the Shift key and right mouse click to open the command window.
- Turn off your device > Press and hold the Volume Up + Power button together for a few seconds to enter into Fastboot mode.
- Connect your device with the PC via a USB cable and type the following code on the command windows and hit enter:
adb reboot bootloader
- Now, your device is connected successfully as a fastboot device.
- Type the following command and hit enter to check the fastboot device is connected or not:
- Download the correct image file and copy the file into the same folder as your adb and fastboot binaries. Rename the image to twrp.img and type:
fastboot boot twrp.img
- Now, in order to install TWRP Recovery on your phone permanently, type the following command and press enter:
fastboot flash recovery twrpname.img
- To just boot, you can use the command fastboot boot twrpname.img
- That’s it. You’ve successfully installed the TWRP Recovery on the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 device. Now, you have to flash the Root.
What is Root?
Smartphone Rooting is the unofficial way to enable an administrator or superuser access to your device system and subsystem. Therefore, the user can easily tweak, change, edit, or delete system files and apps easily.
With the help of rooting, you can uninstall bloatware, increase device performance, reduce battery draining, install Xposed modules, and more. However, smartphone rooting will void the device warranty and you may not get software OTA updates anymore. An improper way of rooting can also brick your device easily. Therefore, make sure to follow the guide properly.
The advantage of Rooting:
- You can get access to all files on your Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1, even the files present in the root directory of your phone.
- You can increase the performance of your Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 by overclocking.
- By rooting you can increase battery life by underclocking the Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1.
- Uninstall Bloatware on Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1.
- You can block Ads on any Android applications such as Youtube and other game-related applications.
Also Read: Top 5 Adblock Plus Alternatives for Android
- By Rooting Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1, you can View, Edit, or Delete any system file inside the root directory.
- You can install the Xposed Framework and many Xposed module support.
Steps to Root Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1
We assume that this full-depth installation guide will be helpful to you. For any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.