If you are the owner of the ZTE Blade A5 2019 and are looking for a method on how to unlock the bootloader then, you are at the right place. In this post, we will guide you on how to unlock the bootloader on ZTE Blade A5 2019. Similar, to other smartphones, the ZTE Blade A5 2019 device comes with a locked bootloader. Moreover, if you are new to rooting, then you must understand that first, you need to unlock the bootloader of the device and then install a custom recovery like TWRP to root the device.
Also, unlocking the bootloader allows the user to go ahead and install restricted apps, mod apps, root, install custom OS like Lineage OS, etc on the device. Note that the unlocking of the bootloader will void the warranty of your device. So, it is better to allow the warranty period to get over and then unlock it. However, if you do not want to wait then, you can follow this guide to unlock bootloader on ZTE Blade A5 2019. So without any further ado, let us get straight into the article itself:
What is Bootloader?
A Bootloader is a code that runs when we turn on our device. This code initializes some hardware and then loads the kernel and ramdisk, and gets the boot process going. So this process is known as Bootloader. The same concept applies to all the technical stuff such as laptops, PC, Smartphones and any such device. Every Android OEM manufacturers lock the bootloader even though it is an Open Source. So if you want to try any CUSTOM ROM, it is impossible to load the CUSTOM ROM without the Unlock Bootloader. So Manufacturer made a policy of making the smartphone with Unlocked Bootloader will void the warranty. They want you to stick with the Stock ROM. Unlock Bootloader allows you to Root your Android smartphone, Flash TWRP and Custom ROM in a simple easy method.
By Unlocking the bootloader, your warranty can void. So take your own risk. We are at GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any bricking/damage to your phone while/after installing this ROM.
Steps to Unlock Bootloader on ZTE Blade A5 2019:
Here we will guide to unlock the bootloader before that downloads the drivers and tools on your PC.
- To Unlock Bootloader On ZTE Blade A5 2019, you need a laptop or PC.
- Charge the ZTE Blade A5 2019 to a sufficient battery level to avoid any sudden shutdowns during the process.
- We strongly recommend you to take a complete full backup of your personal data, including the internal storage. The phone will be formatted, so be prepared for it. You can also follow our Android backup guide for the same.
- You need a USB cable to connect your phone to the PC.
Required Files on your PC:
First method: Unlock bootloader using official Unlock
- First of all, download the bootloader unlock app and move it to your phone and install it.
- On your PC, make sure to download the latest ADB and fastboot tool and extract it on C:// Drive’
- On your device, make sure to enable the USB debugging and activate OEM Unlock
- Then you need to enable the Developer Options on your Android device.
- Go to Settings>>About Phone>>tap on the Build Number 7 times till you see a toast message “You are now a developer”.
- Under the Developer Options, you need to enable USB Debugging and OEM Unlocking option as well.
- To do that again head to the Settings>>Developer Options>>enable USB Debugging as well as the OEM Unlock toggle.
- Reboot your device into fastboot mode and connect to PC using USB Cable
- You need to open the ADB and Fastboot tool folder.
- Now press and hold the SHIFT KEY and click the right mouse button anywhere on the same folder.
- In the command window, enter the command key
fastboot oem unlock
- You need to confirm on your phone: On your phone press the volume key to select “Unlock The Bootloader” and press the power key to confirm.
- That’s it! Your device bootloader will be unlocked successfully.
I hope this guide was helpful to unlock the bootloader on ZTE Blade A5 2019.