Vivo has announced a Y series smartphone in China with 5G. The Vivo Y51s bring 5G support at a mid-range price using Samsung’s Exynos processor. It features a ton of flagship features like octa-core processor, up to 256 GB of storage, triple rear camera setup with 48-megapixel primary camera, and much more.
If you’re the vivo Y51s PD2019 user and looking for the official Firmware flash file to download, you can follow this full guide below. Here you will find a guide to install the Stock ROM flash file on vivo Y51s. We have also put up the stock firmware advantages, firmware info, and requirements for your ease.
Android is full of customizations and tweaks that all the users can easily perform. But users have to follow the guide and step-by-step process properly in order to done customization successfully. Unfortunately, some of the users may not follow the proper steps or don’t flash the compatible file on their devices during Custom ROM installation or rooting, etc. Therefore, their devices can be easily bricked or stuck into the bootloop issue.
In that case, it’s highly recommended to unbrick their devices or fix the boot loop issue at first by flashing the Stock ROM again. Even if your device is having an issue with the software performance or overheating or network drop or battery charging or anything else, you should re-install the Stock ROM. As the vivo Y51s device runs on Samsung Exynos 880 chipset, we will provide you the firmware installation method using any method given below.
Table of Contents
vivo Y51s Specifications
The Vivo Y51s comes with a 6.53-inch Full HD+ display with a resolution of 1080×2340 pixels at a pixel density of 394 pixels per inch (PPI) and an aspect ratio of 19.5:9. It measures 162 mm x 76.6 mm x 8.5 mm and weighs 190 grams.
Under the hood, Vivo Y51s is powered by a 2GHz octa-core Samsung Exynos 880 processor that features 2 cores clocked at 2GHz and 6 cores clocked at 1.8GHz. It comes with 6GB of RAM and 128 GB Storage, expandable up to 256GB memory via MicroSD card. The Vivo Y51s runs Android 10 and is powered by a 4500mAh battery. The Vivo Y51s supports proprietary fast charging.
In the camera department, the Vivo Y51s on the rear packs a 48-megapixel primary camera with an f/1.79 aperture; a second 2-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture and a 3rd 2-megapixel camera with an f/2.4 aperture. It sports an 8-megapixel camera on the front for selfies, with an f/2.05 aperture.
The handset is backed by a 4,500mAh battery with 18W fast charging support. Other features include 5G SA/NSA, GPS/GLONASS, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, micro USB port, 3.5 mm headphone port, dual speakers, and side-mounted fingerprint sensor. It’s launched in secret Realm Black, Snow Feather White, and Bihailan Blue colors.
Stock ROM and its importance in Smartphones
Stock ROM is the operating system that comes pre-built when you buy the device from a retailer. Usually when a person needs to customize his device with custom ROMs and other modifications he opts to move on from the stock firmware. However, when things go wrong during any modification, reverting back to the stock ROM is the only option that can solve this issue.
By installing a stock ROM you can solve the issue of bootloop, device bricking. Besides, you can perform system OS upgrade or downgrade as per your choice.
- You can unbrick your bricked vivo Y51s.
- Fixes the bootloop and instability issue as well.
- To upgrade or downgrade your vivo Y51s.
- You can skip the Screen Lock and remove malware as well.
- To fix bugs lags on your Android Device.
- You Can Remove root on your device [Unroot]
- You can Restore Stock ROM after using Custom ROM.
- This Software Update helps to solve the issue with WiFi, Bluetooth, and more.
- You can fix the soft brick issue on your vivo Y51s.
- You can preload Google Applications as well.
Steps to flash Stock ROM file on vivo Y51s PD2019
Now, before we get straight to the Steps of stock ROM installation, make sure to follow the requisites section below and have the flash tools and drivers installed on your system.
- The stock firmware provided here is for vivo Y51s. Do not flash it on any other phone.
- We recommend having at least a 50% charge on your device before installing the firmware.
- A PC or Laptop.
- Make sure to take a backup of your device data. You can Backup your phone Without Root.
- Alternatively, if you have TWRP Recovery installed on your device, you can create Nandroid Backup through TWRP Recovery.
- Device Supported: vivo Y51s PD2019
- Tool Supported: AFTools
- Android OS: 10 Q
- Funtouch OS: 10
- Processor: Samsung Exynos 880
- File: Software Update
- Gapps File: Included
Now, grab the stock firmware, flash tool, and drivers for the vivo Y51s from the link below.
Method 1: Instructions to Install via Recovery:
First, you can try the official method to install the OTA stock ROM update via Vivo device recovery. Follow the guide link given below to install the OTA update on Vivo device.Guide to Install Vivo Firmware on any Vivo smartphone
Method 2: Instructions to Install via AFTool:
- Launch the vivo aftools to flash the ROM
- In the AFTool, locate your firmware file which you downloaded.
- Boot your device into EDL mod
- You can now connect your phone to PC in fastboot or EDL mod.
- Click Start to upgrade your firmware
So, that’s all about how to install stock ROM on vivo Y51s PD2019. We hope this tutorial was useful to you. If you find any difficulties or have any doubt, do let us know.