When updating your version of Windows 10, you may receive error some times, and it may occur as “Error 0x80240034 – Windows update failed”. Some users reported that they got this kind of error when they were updating their Windows 10 version. They claimed that the update stuck at 1% for a few minutes rather than usual. After sometimes, it fails and shows “Error 0x80240034 – Windows update failed”.
This issue has not solved even if you try again to update the version. Some of the practical solutions discussed below here, which you can implement on your PC if you are also having the same issue. These will help you to get all the system updates with no error.
What is “Windows update error 0x80240034”:
This error is the most common occurs while updating the Windows version. This error occurs mostly due to corrupted update files. This problem does not happen for a specific version of Windows. It has seen that the Windows update error can occur in any version with corrupted update files. Sometimes it doesn’t occur at the time of downloading the update, but it will occur when system updates installed. Here are some of the effective solutions that might discuss for the Windows 10 version update.
Fix Windows update error 0x80240034:
There are several methods to eliminate this error 0x80240034. This error might get solved when you do not keep previous settings while updating your Windows version. This method is the easiest way to get this error solved, but you have to keep in mind which previous settings are most useful for your system as you can get the new error-free settings after the update. Here are other methods which are quite effective for fixing the Windows update error 0x80240034:
Clear Update Cache:
this is the most common and effective method for solving the issues with updates. Many users found it very helpful and easy. Clearing the cache will clear the corrupt files and here is how you can clear the update cache:
- Search for ‘command prompt’ in the search box in the Windows panel.
- Right-click on it and run as administrator
- You type ‘net stop wuauserv’ without quotes and press Enter.
- Type ‘rmdir %windir%\SoftwareDistribution/S /Q’ without quotes and press Enter.
- Type ‘net start wuauserv’ without quotes and press Enter.
- Now try to update Windows; it will surely get updated without error.
Update System through ISO file:
In case, the method, as mentioned earlier, does not work, which is not generally supposed to have. You can then proceed to this method. You would have a bootable media to install the latest Windows version. Allow the updates for not keeping the previous settings. This process might lead you to have some data loss. If you don’t want to prefer the previous settings, then you do recommend backing up the data before getting into any update. Here is how you can update Windows by using an ISO file:
- Use a specified tool to boot your Windows file and create installation media
- Select ISO files option and proceed by selecting the downloaded version of Windows
- It will generate a booted USB flash drive for installing the updated version of Windows for your PC
- Install the updates using ISO installation media and enjoy the latest version of Windows
Windows 10 computers have a built-in function to troubleshoot Windows updates. This method gets used to eliminate any update error. Follow the steps to troubleshoot the error 0x80240034:
- First of all, go to ‘Start’
- Search for ‘Settings’ in the search bar
- Head towards the ‘Update & Security’
- Click on ‘Troubleshoot’
- Find ‘Windows Update’ and run the troubleshooter
- Follow the instructions appear on the screen and restart your system
- Enjoy the updates for Windows 10 PC
An effective method to eliminate error 0x80240034 is the manual download of updates for your Windows.
- Go to Microsoft update catalog website
- Search for your system specifications
- Find and download the latest updates as the date is mentioned here.
- After downloading, you need to run and follow the instructions to update your system.
- Restart after the update is complete.
Run a system scan:
If the error 0x80240034 occurs due to any apparent malware attack, then the scanning of the system must require eliminating the threat. This reason is not the general cause of system update failure, but if none of the above methods is working for you, then you might give it a try. Go for a complete scan of your PC through the antivirus you are using. Try solving the issues with system files, or you can also eliminate the suspicious software program error. After detecting and addressing malware issues, try to update the latest version of Windows. It will now definitely work if the error 0x80240034 has occurred due to any suspicious activity on your system.
For hassle-free experience on your Windows 10 PC, you will require to get system updates timely. If you are unable to get updates, then you might face a slower work on your PC. Here some solutions provided to tackle the Windows update error 0x80240034 while updating Windows 10 version. You should be able to update the current version of your Windows if you follow one of the procedures, as mentioned before.
Error 0x80240034 occurs mostly due to corrupted system files. Updating might get you lead to losing some of your data. It recommends keeping the backup of all your important files and data. You might suffer losing your data if any of the steps get left or wrongly interpreted. Follow the procedures and enjoy the updates, and have a great experience of your new version of Windows 10. If you have any queries or feedback, please write down the comment in the below comment box.