Every Windows has a sleep mode for the flexibility of our use. To put your computer in sleep mode, click power, there you can see the sleep mode option; turn on.
If you try to wake up your PC from sleep and it won’t work, what do you do? You don’t have to panic. Here are the solutions. You follow this writing, which contains all the answers to wake up your computer from sleep. To fix the issue here you get the solution, let’s see what they are:
Wake from sleep with the keyboard and mouse:
Please move your mouse or touch the keyboard to wake up your computer from sleep, but on some occasions, it does not work. In this case, using our instructions, you can allow your keyboard and mouse to wake up the computer from sleep.
- First of all, press the Windows key on your keyboard and letter ‘R’ simultaneously.
- A RUN dialogue will open and type “devmgmt.msc” in the given space and press Enter key.
- Device manager menu will open; there do double click on Keyboards>your keyboard device.
- Now you can see HID keyboard device properties; click Power Manager. You can see ‘Allow this device to wake the computer’ click the box and click OK
- Repeat the same steps on your mouse device; it comes under the category ‘mice and other pointing devices.’
- Then turn sleep mode on and wake up later and check the problem solved.
Update the drivers
Sometimes this may be the problem; something is wrong with your Driver, or it is not updated. In such a situation, you can update your device driver and can solve the problem quickly. If you are not interested or have no time to update your device driver manually, you can have the option to update it automatically with Driver Easy.
Driver Easy will automatically understand your system and search for the correct Driver for it. You don’t have to know in which system your Windows is running; no trouble will occur by the wrong drivers and no worries about making mistakes while in installation. Drivers Easy will safeguard everything.
Driver Easy is available in free and pro-version to update your device drivers. In pro-version, it only takes just two steps to upgrade.
- As the first step, download and install Driver Easy.
- Open Driver Easy and click the Scan Now button.
- In pro-version, you can click ‘Update All,’ and in the free version, you click update, but it’s partly manual. It automatically downloads and installs the latest version of all the drivers which are out of date or something missing.
- Restart your computer
- Turn on sleep mode on your computer and try to wake up to check the issue solved.
Disable fast startup
This is a new feature in Windows 10 to restart your computer faster. Sometimes it gets troubled by the shutdown/boot-up process. In such a situation, you can’t wake up Windows10 from sleep. So you have to solve this problem: disable startup.
Follow the steps to disable fast startup:
- Click Windows key+R simultaneously
- Then type ‘powercfg.cpl’ in the given space and click OK
- Next, All Controls Panel Items>Power Options-choose what the power buttons do
- Later in the System settings, click ‘Change settings that are currently unavailable.’
- Turn on fast startup (Recommended) is unchecked, then click Save Changes.
- Restart your computer and check the problem solved.
Disable and Enable Hibernation
Hibernation is a power-saving mode in Windows and also related to the sleep mode and will cause the user to be unable to wake up Windows 10 from sleep mode. So let’s change the settings of this feature to check if it fixes the issue.
Fellow these steps:
- Click Windows key and type cmd
- Click Command prompt > Run as administrator
- Click Yes in User Account Control
- Then type powercfg.exe /hibernate off powercfg.exe /hibernate in the given space and click Enter key
- Restart your computer and see if the issue is fixed or not.
Tweak power settings
We will discuss more with this fifth solution to fix the issue: computers won’t wake up from sleep mode.
Follow these steps to change settings;
- Click Windows key +R, then type powercfg.cpl in the given space and press Enter key
- Click the Choose power plan and then select Change plan settings
- Select Change advanced power settings
- Double click sleep>Allow wake timers>Enable
- Then click OK and Apply button.
- Restart your computer and check the issue fix or not.
- Press Windows key +l and click find and fix problems in power settings
- Then click Advanced>Apply repairs automatically
- Then click Next and enter OK
Going to bios on Windows 10 is quite easy. When you get into bios, go to Wake Up Events and Settings and follow this step.
- Enable S3 by PS/2 Mouse
- Set any key S3 by PS/2 keyboard
The sleep mode is especially useful for laptop users, and they are looking to save battery life. You don’t have to worry about the issue. You can easily handle the situation in following all the solutions mentioned above. Hopefully, we hope you will get the best results