Visual Concepts and 2K Sports have done a great job by releasing the WWE 2K22 title as one of the professional wrestling video games for fans. Even though the game has stunning graphics and a new combat system to offer a better gaming experience than its previous generations, somehow PC players are encountering a lot of issues with the game launching and graphical glitches. Well, the WWE 2K22 Screen Flickering or Tearing Issue on PC is one of them.
Now, if you’re also facing the same issue for a while then don’t worry because here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds for you that should gonna help you out. Talking about the screen tearing or screen shimmering issue, it’s mostly affecting the PC version players during the game launching and cutscenes as of now. However, it’s worth mentioning that this particular issue doesn’t affect the gameplay sessions which is a good thing for players.
Also Read: Fix: WWE 2K22 Crashing or Not Loading on Xbox Series X and S
- Fix: WWE 2K22 Screen Flickering or Tearing Issue on PC
- 1. Enable V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel
- 2. Try Lowering In-Game Graphics Settings
- 3. Update GPU Drivers
- 4. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
- 5. Check Your Internet Connection
- 6. Update WWE 2K22
- 7. Verify Integrity of Game Files
- 8. Set High Performance in Power Options
- 9. Set High Priority in Task Manager
- 10. Update Windows
Fix: WWE 2K22 Screen Flickering or Tearing Issue on PC
Meanwhile, the chances are high that you’re receiving the screen flickering or tearing issue while playing the MyRise story mode in the game, or you’re just enjoying the cutscenes before a ring match. If that’s happening to you, it means you’ll have to play with the in-game graphics settings a bit. While turning off the V-Sync feature may also cause such screen-related issues in most scenarios. Well, you can check out all possible workarounds below.
1. Enable V-Sync in Nvidia Control Panel
It’s recommended to turn on the Vertical Sync feature on your Nvidia Control Panel app for the WWE 2K22 game to avoid graphical glitches up to some extent. Keep in mind that this method is only applicable if you’re using an Nvidia graphics card.
- Launch the Nvidia Control Panel from the Start menu. If it’s not installed, then go to Microsoft Store and install it.
- In the Nvidia Control Panel interface, go to ‘3D Settings’ > Select ‘Manage 3D settings’.
- Select ‘Program Settings’ > Click on ‘Add’ and select ‘WWE 2K22’ from the list of programs on your PC.
- If the game application isn’t listed then click on ‘Browse’ and head over to the installed WWE 2K22 directory on the drive. Simply locate the WWE 2K22 folder and add the WWE2K22.exe application > Then make sure to select the game in the list and add it.
- Now, make sure to scroll down to ‘Vertical sync’ > Click on it and select ‘On’ to enable it. This will force the WWE 2K22 game to use V-Sync every time.
- Restart your computer to apply changes and play the game to check for the issue again.
2. Try Lowering In-Game Graphics Settings
First of all, you should try lowering the in-game graphics settings on your PC or console to check if that helps you to fix the frame drops or stuttering issues. Try turning off some of the display settings for the WWE 2K22 game such as texture details, shadow effect, v-sync, anti-aliasing, etc. This should improve the FPS count and performance/smoothness in gameplay.
3. Update GPU Drivers
If in case, you haven’t updated your graphics driver on the Windows computer then make sure to install the latest patch version. To do so, you’ll need to check for available updates by following the steps below:
- Press Windows + X keys to open the Quick Link Menu.
- Now, click on Device Manager from the list > Double-click on Display adapters.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card that you’re using.
- Next, select Update driver > Choose to Search automatically for drivers.
- If there is an update available, the system will automatically download & install it.
- Once done, restart the computer to apply changes immediately.
4. Close Unnecessary Background Tasks
Another thing you can do is simply close unnecessary background tasks on your PC to ensure there is no additional consumption of system resources happening in the background whatsoever. Make sure to keep WWE 2K22, Steam, and other system-related tasks running as it is. To clear out background tasks:
- Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys to open Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Select the task that you want to close.
- Once selected, click on End Task. Make sure to do the steps for each task individually.
- Finally, just restart your computer to change effects immediately, and check for the WWE 2K22 screen flickering or tearing issue.
5. Check Your Internet Connection
You should also try checking for the internet connection on your PC whether it’s running well or not. A slower internet speed or unstable connectivity can cause issues with the game launching or fetching data from the server. You can also try switching the internet connection from wired (ethernet) to wireless (Wi-Fi) to cross-check the network connectivity problem.
If your IP address has some issues or your DNS address is troubling you a lot then make sure to use the Google DNS address on the PC to avoid rubberbanding connection or stuttering or even lagging issues which can happen due to slow internet.
6. Update WWE 2K22
Sometimes an outdated game version can also bring multiple bugs or issues. It’s better to update your WWE 2K22 game by following the steps below. If an update is available then simply install the latest patch. To do this:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library > Click on WWE 2K22 from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- It may take some time to install the update > Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
7. Verify Integrity of Game Files
If in case, there is an issue with the game files and somehow it gets corrupted or missing then make sure to perform this method to easily check for the issue.
- Launch Steam > Click on Library.
- Right-click on WWE 2K22 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
8. Set High Performance in Power Options
If in case, your Windows system is running on the Balanced mode in Power Options, just set the High-Performance mode for better results. Although this option will take higher power usage or battery usage. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type Control Panel and click on it from the search result.
- Now, go to Hardware and Sound > Select Power Options.
- Click on High Performance to select it.
- Make sure to close the window and fully shut down your computer. To do this, click on the Start Menu > Go to Power > Shut Down.
- Once your computer is fully turned off, you can power it on again.
9. Set High Priority in Task Manager
Make your game priority in the higher segment via the Task Manager to tell your Windows system to run the game properly. To do this:
- Right-click on the Start Menu > Select Task Manager.
- Click on the Processes tab > Right-click on the WWE 2K22 game task.
- Select Set Priority to High > Close Task Manager.
- Finally, run the WWE 2K22 game to check if it crashing on PC or not.
10. Update Windows
Updating Windows OS build is always essential for PC users as well as PC gamers to reduce system glitches, compatibility issues, and crashes. Meanwhile, the latest version mostly includes additional features, improvements, security patches, and more. To do that:
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the Windows Settings menu.
- Next, click on Update & Security > Select Check for updates under the Windows Update section.
- If there is a feature update available, select Download and install.
- It may take a while to complete the update.
- Once done, restart your computer to install the update.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.