When it comes to entertainment, it’s almost impossible to find a competitor for Netflix. It is the best over-the-top aka OTT platform present in the market. Here, you can watch some of the best movies and web series ever released. To name a few, Netflix is the place to watch Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, Money Heist, Red Notice, and everyone’s favorite, Stranger Things.
However, many Xbox Series X/S users are facing problems with the OTT giant. To be very specific, users are experiencing Xbox Series X/S Netflix not working or crashing issues. So, is there any way to fix the problem?
Fortunately, there is and this post is all about that. Here, we are going to talk about how to fix Netflix not working or crashing on Xbox Series X/S. So, without any further delay, let’s get straight into the topic.
- Reasons Behind Xbox Series X/S Netflix Not Working or Crashing Issue
- Fix: Xbox Series X/S Netflix Not Working or Crashing Issue
- Final Words
Reasons Behind Xbox Series X/S Netflix Not Working or Crashing Issue
There can be several reasons why Netflix is not working or crashing on Xbox Series X/S. The reason mainly depends on the configuration and the situation of the system. However, below are some of the common reasons triggering the mentioned problem.
- The very first culprit behind the problem can be a poor internet connection.
- If Netflix wasn’t installed perfectly on the device then also you are most likely to face the mentioned problem.
- Misconfigured settings can also trigger the Netflix crashing problem.
- Lastly, if you have a lot of external devices connected to the console then also you can you face the not working or crashing problem with Netflix.
Now that you are aware of different reasons causing the problem, let’s check out how to fix them, one by one.
Fix: Xbox Series X/S Netflix Not Working or Crashing Issue
Xbox hasn’t released any official solution to the problem, at least till the time of writing this article. Thus, you might have to try different workarounds, and stick with the one that does the job for you.
Fix 1: Check Internet Connection
As mentioned, the very first reason causing the problem can be a poor internet connection. Netflix is a high data consuming application, therefore, you need to be connected to good internet sources to enjoy its services. There are different ways by which you can test your internet connection. But we recommend you to try the fast.com website.
Fix 2: Restart the Router
Once you notice that the problem you are facing is being caused by poor internet, one thing you can try to fix is to restart your router. Sometimes restarting the router can be an effective way to fix any internet-related problem. So, do it, and check if the mentioned issue is fixed or not.
Fix 3: Turn Off Closed Captioning Feature
Most of the devices including Xbox Series X/S come with the option of closed captioning. If you have kept this feature enabled, you will see the caption of everything that is being played on the screen. This feature is useful in a better understanding of the content that is being played.
However, like anything else in the world, it also has its disadvantages. Sometimes this feature can cause crashing or not working problems with different applications including Netflix. Thus, disable the feature and check if it makes any difference or not.
- Launch the Xbox console and head towards the “Settings” menu.
- In the settings menu, click the “Console Settings” option.
- Tap on the “Closed Captioning” button present at the bottom of the window.
- Here, select the “Closed Captioning off” option.
If the option was already enabled, disable it first followed by re-enabling it. That’s it, now check if the problem is fixed or not. If yes, you are good to go. However, if the problem persists, move on to the next workarounds of the article.
Fix 4: Activate Cortana on Xbox Series X/S
Enabling Cortana is another effective workaround to get rid of the mentioned problem. Launched by Microsoft, Cortana is a virtual assistant that you will find on Xbox. It will help you to access the system with your voice command. However, due to some misconfigured settings, it can trigger the crashing problem of Netflix.
Thus, you can try activating Cortana on the console and check if it makes any difference or not. To do so, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Open Xbox Series X/S, and head towards the Settings menu.
- Now, navigate to the “System Tab” option.
- Click on the “Cortana settings” present at the right panel of the screen.
- Now, the terms and conditions window will pop up. Click on the “I agree” option to activate Cortana on the Xbox console.
Once done, restart the device and launch Netflix. Now, check if you are still facing the crashing or not working problem.
Fix 5: Remove Extra Devices
Netflix is very strict when it comes to privacy. And it doesn’t allow users to record any of its programs. Thus, if you have any external device plugged into the console then you are most likely to face the problem. For instance, if you have any recording device or HDTV plugged into the Xbox console then there isn’t a surprise you are facing in Netflix crashing problem. As a solution to it, turn off the console and unplug all the extra devices.
Once done, connect the Xbox console to the TV, launch Netflix and check if there’s any difference or not.
Fix 6: Re-launch Netflix
Relaunching is a simple but effective way to solve the mentioned problem. The chances are very high that the problem you are currently facing is being caused by a temporary bug or glitch. And the best solution to eliminate them is to restart the application. Thus, restart Netflix and check if it makes any difference or not.
Here are the steps you need to follow to restart Netflix on Xbox Series S/X.
- Open the recent task on your Xbox console.
- Use the cursors to head towards Netflix.
- Once selected, click on the “Menu” button from your remote to activate different options associated with the application.
- From the list of options, tap on the “Quit” option.
Once you have closed Netflix on the device relaunch it. Now check if the crashing problem is fixed or not.
Fix 7: Reinstall Netflix
If none of the above-mentioned workarounds helped you in solving the problem, the last thing you can try is to reinstall the Netflix application. If there’s any problem going on with the application it will automatically be eliminated once you re-install it. But make sure to note down all your credentials, as re-installing the application will automatically log you out of the platform.
Nevertheless, here are the steps you need to follow to re-install Netflix on Xbox Series S/X.
- Head towards the “My games and apps” option of your Xbox console.
- Tap on the “Apps” section present at the left panel of the screen. It contains different applications installed on the console.
- From the list of all the installed applications, select Netflix.
- Now on your controller, click on the “Menu” button to activate different options associated with Netflix.
- From the list of options, “Tap on Manage app”.
- Lastly, click on “Uninstall” the application present in the following screen.
Once you have uninstalled Netflix, restart the console. Now, download and install Netflix again. Login using your credentials and you will not use that you are no longer facing Xbox Series X/S not working or crashing issue.
This was all about how to fix Xbox Series X/S Netflix not working or crashing issue. Let us know in the comments whether the problem is fixed or not. You can also share any other workaround that you think will be helpful in the situation. Moreover, feel free to check out our other guides on Xbox Series X/S.