Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 9.0 Pie: Yes Xiaomi has finally rolled the Android 9.0 Pie update for the debut Android One device called Xiaomi Mi A1. The update is now rolling out to its users over-the-air. Currently, it is making its entry in the Indian region. A large number of users have reported of upgrading to the stable Android 9.0 Pie on their Mi A1.
The current software version on Xiaomi Mi A1 to PKQ1.180917.001.V10.0.10.0.PDHMIXM. You can download both the OTA firmware from below.
Here you can follow our guide to download and install Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 9.0 Pie Update. We have given both the download link and instructions to enjoy the Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 9.0 Pie Update.
A few days ago Mi A2 Android 9 Pie Beta Update was made available. That was for selected users registered on the beta channel. The current update is open for everyone. The OTA update weighs little more than 1 GB. It also includes the December 2018 security patch.
Table of Contents
Changelog: Mi A1 Stable Android Pie Update
The various new features which users can enjoy on their Mi A1 are as follows.
- Adaptive battery
- New Settings UI
- New power UI
- Dedicated screenshot button
- App Slices
- Gesture Navigations
- New Launcher
- Action recommendations based on App usage.
The latest Pie OS update is rolling over-the-air. It will be available in batches. If you are too impatient to have the Pie, then perform the following steps.
- Go to device Settings > System Updates
- Tap on Check for Updates
- If the new update is available, then download and install it.
Note: Make sure that your phone has a battery charge more than 50%. Usually, system updates are large files, so try to get a Wi-Fi connection and download the airborne update.
Android 9.0 Pie Update
Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration and a major update of Google’s Android OS. The new Android Pie brings a couple of design changes to the successor Android Oreo but the most notable one is the gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Well, let us now take a quick look at some of the most important features of Android 9 Pie. Should we?
Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Here are some of the main features of the Android 9 Pie:
- Gestures: With this release of Android, Google removed the original home button with a pill that supports gestures. For instance, the users can slide up to show recent apps or slide right to quickly switch between apps.
- New Recent Apps menu: With the earlier versions of Android, there used to be a stacked card list of Recent Apps. This is now replaced with a horizontal card list.
- New User Interface: The Android 9 Pie has an all-new user interface which is even more minimal. Google has used the Color Sche,e which they call it as Material Design 2 with this version of Android.
- Dashboard: Also known as Digital Wellbeing is One of our personal favorite features of the Android 9 Pie is the addition of a Dashboard. Now, the dashboard is that feature which would help you track your overall usage. Users can track the app(s) usage, sleep and more. The objective here is to prevent distractions and focus on productive things.
- Slices: With earlier versions of Android, when we search for an app on Android, the app icon itself comes up. But with this version of Android, Google is going to show you information that’s embedded within apps.
Alternatively, if you want your Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 9.0 Pie Update immediately, you can flash the firmware manually. below you can have the firmware file and follow the installation guide.
Steps to Install Xiaomi Mi A1 Android 9.0 Pie Update
You have to install this firmware using TWRP recovery. We have put up the guidelines that you have to follow and some tools which you will require to perform the flashing
- Supported Model: Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Laptop or PC: You should have a Windows Laptop or PC for the 2nd method.
- Charge your Phone: Make sure that your Mi A1 has at least 50% charge left.
- Backup: It is always recommended to take a backup of your Android Device.
- Backup Android Phone Without Root on any device
- If you have TWRP Recovery, Create and Restore Nandroid Backup using TWRP Recovery
- Mi Flash Tool: Download Mi Flash tool and install on your PC.
- Install Latest Driver: Install the Latest Xiaomi USB Drivers. [For All Android USB Drivers]
Download Android Pie Firmware for Mi A1
V10.0.9.0.PDHMIXM: May 2019 Security patch for Mi A1: Download Recovery ROM || Download OTA ROM
V10.0.10.0.PDHMIXM June 2019 Security patch for Mi A1: Download Recovery ROM || Download OTA ROM
Method 1: Install Via Recovery:
Step-1 Download the ROM zip file and move to root directory of internal storage
Step-2 Boot your device into TWRP. To do so hold the Power button + Volume down button at a time.
Step-3 In the recovery menu > tap on Wipe System & Cache
Step-4 Now flash the ROM Zip file
Step-5 In the recovery menu go to Flash Root -> Install Zip-> Flash the Zip file
Step-7 Back in the recovery menu, tap on Reboot to System to restart the device.
Method 1: Install Via Mi Flash Tool:
If the above method doesn’t work or you don’t have TWRP Recovery, then you can flash the fastboot ROM file with Mi Flash tool. Follow the guide below to flash the Mi A1 Android Pie Version V10.0.3.0.PDHMIFK.Guide to Install Xiaomi Firmware using Mi Flash tool
So, what are you waiting for..? Install the Mi A1 stable Android Pie update and enjoy the latest sweet treat from Google. We hope this guide was helpful to you.