Xiaomi Mi A1 was the first phone to appear in the reboot of Google’s Android One project. This is the first smartphone to attain the partnership between Xiaomi and Google. Xiaomi is well known for the Product quality and the pricing of their smartphones in both Indian and as well as a home country in China. Today in this guide we will guide on to fix the Xiaomi Mi A1 WiFi Issues. While it is true that Xiaomi Mi A1 Wi-Fi problems may be a common issue among the connectivity option, this can be an extremely frustrating situation too on a daily use.
As the phone is best in performance and comes with a number of features, many people are reporting problems in Xiaomi Mi A1 WiFi. The common one is no proper functioning of Wi-Fi. In this post, we will guide you on how to fix Xiaomi Mi A1 WiFi Issues.
- Most common problems of Xiaomi Mi A1 and Their solution and bug fixes
- How to Root Xiaomi Mi A1 without PC/Computer in a minute
- How To Root And Install TWRP Recovery For Xiaomi Mi A1 (Android One)
As already mentioned Xiaomi Mi A1 is an amazing smartphone but just like other devices it also has some common problems associated with it. Just after its launch, many people reported that Wi-Fi is not working properly. To fix Wi-Fi issues that are pretty common in Xiaomi Mi A1, follow this guide.
Table of Contents
Steps to fix Xiaomi Mi A1 WiFi Issues
Here is the solution to fix wifi problems on Xiaomi Mi A1.
Solving basic Wi-Fi issues
Before you proceed with anything, simply restart the phone and see if it works. If not, Reboot your router and check if the problem is gone. In case both methods fail, proceed further.
- Make sure your Wi-Fi connection is working. Take another device and connect it to your Wi-Fi network. See if it works properly on it. In case you find everything alright, obviously the problem is with your router or connection.
- Ensure the signal strength is enough at the place you are trying to connect your Xiaomi Mi A1 with your Wi-Fi connection.
- Always remember if you have recently changed the Wi-Fi password.
Forget your connection
This is considered as one of the methods that often work for solving Wi-Fi issues on Xiaomi Mi A1. You simply need to forget the connection and try connecting the device again. For this simply follow the below instructions.
- Open Settings menu and click Wi-Fi.
- Touch and hold for a while your network connection. Soon you will see an option saying “Forget Network Connection” will appear. Click on it to proceed.
- Now try connecting to the same network by entering your password.
Smart Wi-Fi Switch
Another possible reason for your Xiaomi Mi A1 facing this problem is because you might have switched to smart Wi-Fi Switch. When this option is enabled, the device often prefers better alternatives than the network you are trying to connect. To fix Wi-Fi issues in such a case, simply disable this option. Following are the instructions to disable this feature.
- Turn your Xiaomi Mi A1 WiFi data on
- After this go to Settings and click Wi-Fi
- You will see an option a tool like an icon at the top right corner.
- Click on it and disable the smart switch option simply.
Make sure your Wi-Fi is always on
Latest Android versions are equipped with some unique features such as battery saving. For this, they simply turn off Wi-Fi option automatically on the device when it is not in use for a long time. Thus to fix Wi-Fi issues on your Xiaomi Mi A1 keep the settings on “Always-ON” mode. The instructions for this are given below.
- Open Settings and tap Wi-Fi
- At the top right corner, you will see an option “More”
- Click on it and then click “Advanced”
- From the pop-up menu, select “Always”
Make sure your router is in working condition
Well, many times the reason for Wi-Fi issues on Xiaomi Mi A1 and other devices is a faulty router or incompatible settings. To fix Wi-Fi issues, simply switch to 2.4GHZ on your router’s settings.
The last step is to check whether your device is fully updated. In case it’s not, install the updates immediately and see if Wi-Fi issues are gone on your Xiaomi Mi A1.
- Xiaomi Mi A1 Stock Firmware Collections
- [Download] Guide to Flash Stock ROM on Xiaomi Mi A1 (Unbrick)
- Download and Install N2G47H.7.8.23 Nougat for Xiaomi Mi A1
- How To Unlock Bootloader On Xiaomi Mi A1 (5X)
These are some of the best available methods and there are certain chances that they work on your device. If not, you must visit an authorized Xiaomi service center around you.
I hope this guide to troubleshoot Xiaomi Mi A1 WiFi Issues was helpful. Any Queries, please leave a comment below.