Updated on November 27, 2021: Today Xiaomi rolled the Android 11update for the device with build number V188.8.131.52.RCOINXM.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (codenamed ginkgo) started receiving the May 2020 Android security patch update based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update is labeled with software version V184.108.40.206.PCOINXM. If you have not received this update on your Redmi Note 8, then head down below and download MIUI 220.127.116.11 India Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8.
Apart from May 2020 security patch, this update improves the image quality. You can check for the software OTA updates manually by going into Settings > About phone > Software update.
Alternatively, you can directly go to the Software Updater app on your device and check for the same. If the new April 2020 patch is available, just grab it. Make sure to connect your handset to a Wi-Fi network and the battery should be charged more than 50% minimum.
Downloads and Changelog:
How to Install MIUI 18.104.22.168 India Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo)
Installing the stock ROM or upgrading the MIUI version on Xiaomi devices is comparatively easy. But you should follow all the pre-requirements and downloads below before proceeding.
- Supported for: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) Indian variant only. The device should be running on stock ROM to apply the update.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup: Take a full Backup of Phone Data at first to keep the important files safe.
- Charge: Keep your device charged more than 50%.
- Mi Flash Tool – Download and Install it on your PC
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools on your computer
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and install it on the PC
Instructions to Install:
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI 22.214.171.124 India Stable ROM on Redmi Note 8. Check out the guide link below along with a video tutorial as well.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
We hope that you’ve updated or installed the latest MIUI version on your Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.