Updated on January 28, 2021: Today Xiaomi rolled the January 2021 security patch update for the device with build number V22.214.171.124.QCOINXM. The update is still based on Android 10.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (codenamed ginkgo) started receiving the May 2020 Android security patch update based on Android 9.0 Pie. The update is labeled with software version V126.96.36.199.PCOINXM. If you have not received this update on your Redmi Note 8, then head down below and download MIUI 188.8.131.52 India Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8.
Apart from May 2020 security patch, this update improves the image quality. You can check for the software OTA updates manually by going into Settings > About phone > Software update.
Alternatively, you can directly go to the Software Updater app on your device and check for the same. If the new April 2020 patch is available, just grab it. Make sure to connect your handset to a Wi-Fi network and the battery should be charged more than 50% minimum.
Table of Contents
Downloads and Changelog:
How to Install MIUI 184.108.40.206 India Stable ROM for Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo)
Installing the stock ROM or upgrading the MIUI version on Xiaomi devices is comparatively easy. But you should follow all the pre-requirements and downloads below before proceeding.
- Supported for: Xiaomi Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) Indian variant only. The device should be running on stock ROM to apply the update.
- Requires: A PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Backup: Take a full Backup of Phone Data at first to keep the important files safe.
- Charge: Keep your device charged more than 50%.
- Mi Flash Tool – Download and Install it on your PC
- Download ADB and Fastboot Tools on your computer
- Download Xiaomi USB Drivers and install it on the PC
Instructions to Install:
We assume that you’ve followed the downloads and requirements properly. Now, you can proceed to install MIUI 220.127.116.11 India Stable ROM on Redmi Note 8. Check out the guide link below along with a video tutorial as well.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
We hope that you’ve updated or installed the latest MIUI version on your Redmi Note 8 (ginkgo) successfully. Feel free to ask in the comments below for any queries.