You may know what’s AirDrop and what AirDrop can do. But once you decide to transfer some files from iPhone to MacBook, or from iPhone to iPhone with Airdrop, you encounter the issue of “AirDrop not working”. This problem also always happens after the new iOS update, like iOS 12 or iOS 13. Here, in this article, we have discussed the simplest and straightforward methods to Fix if Airdrop Not Working on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
AirDrop is Apple’s proprietary method of sending files or data locally between two devices. The devices initially connect over Bluetooth, with Wi-Fi doing much of the work when it involves file transfers. The feature was first introduced on Macs in 2008. It expanded to iOS devices with the rollout of iOS 7 in 2013. AirDrop is superb when it works, but if you’ve got older hardware, you’re more likely to experience issues. Visibility issues are the foremost common problem people have with AirDrop—sometimes, the recipient doesn’t show up, regardless of how hard you are trying.
This is one of the explanations Apple introduced the new U1 chip with ultra-wideband technology for the iPhone 8. The U1 is meant to enhance device discoverability and eliminate the problems that have plagued AirDrop for years. it’ll be a short time before the bulk of individuals have such a contribution to their device, though. For now, we’re stuck trying to urge AirDrop to figure the old-fashioned way.
Table of Contents
Fix, Airdrop Not Working on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
As we mentioned, check whether the Airdrop is enabled for contacts or everyone or not. Then turn on the Airdrop from the control center. Now, make sure to enable Bluetooth or Wi-Fi on your iPhone to work the Airdrop feature properly. The other Airdrop enabled device should be active means display should be turned on. Still, can’t use the Airdrop properly? Follow the possible workarounds here.
1. Soft Reboot your iPhone 8
- Long-press both the Power/Side key + Volume Up or Down button for a few seconds.
- The Slide to Power off bar will appear. Release both the buttons.
- Drag the slider to turn off your iPhone.
- After waiting for around 30 seconds, press and hold the Power/Side button for a few seconds.
- Then the Apple logo will appear and release the button.
- The iPhone will reboot.
2. Use Airplane Mode
- Open the Settings menu -> Turn on the Airplane Mode toggle.
- By doing this, all the network connections will be disabled on your device.
- Now, wait for a few seconds and turn off the Airplane mode.
- Turn on the internet connection and check the Airdrop again whether it’s working or not.
3. Sign Out iCloud Account and Log-in back
- Open the iPhone Settings > Tap on iCloud.
- Select your iCloud ID and tap on Sign Out.
- Now, reboot your iPhone > Head over to the iCloud account settings > Sign into it.
- Then check the Airdrop again.
4. Reset Network Settings
- From the home screen, go to the Settings menu -> Tap on General -> Tap on Reset.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode and proceed.
- Finally, restart your iPhone.
5. Check iOS Update
- In order to check iOS update, head over to the device Settings -> go to General -> go to Software Update.
- Make sure that the mobile data or Wi-Fi network is connected.
- If there is an update available for your device, just grab it by downloading and installing it.
- Once done, your device will reboot into the new system.
- Finally, go to the Airdrop and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
That was it, this was the easiest way to fix if Airdrop Not Working on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- How to Fix Incoming Call Delay Problem on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Setup and Access Visual Voicemail on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Fix iMessage Waiting for Activation Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Fix Overheating Issues in iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- iPhone 8 Stuck on Apple Logo. How to Fix Boot Loop Issue on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Enter and Exit DFU Mode on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus