Many iPhone 8 series users have experienced a problem with the display on their iPhone suddenly freezing and – regardless of how hard they struggle – it won’t answer taps or swipes. The screen isn’t working, and therefore the device is stuck and unusable. Here, in this article, we have discussed the simplest and straightforward methods to Fix All Types of Display Problem on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
The first thing we’d like to try to do is finding out why your iPhone touch screen. Usually, the matter is caused when the physical a part of your iPhone’s display that processes touch (called the digitizer) stops working correctly or when your iPhone’s software stops “talking” to the hardware the way it should. In other words, it might be a hardware or a software problem, and I’ll assist you with both during this article.
Troubleshooting iPhone software problems typically don’t cost anything. It’s also easier than prying off your screen with suction cups (please don’t do this). For this reason, we’ll start with the software fixes and advance to fixing the physical problems if you’ve got to.
When it involves users’ complaints, display issues like black screen, red screen, screen flickering, and other unusual displays seemed to be among the widespread problems affecting the Apple iPhone 8 Plus device.
Actually, cases of screen flickering faults have already been seen in prior iPhone models, particularly on the iPhone 8variant. At that point, a standard concern raised was a few grey lines that flicker on the iPhone screen, which was, later on, acknowledged to be a design fault involving two touchscreen controlled chips or Touch ICs on the logic board inside the phone. the matter was popularly tagged as Touch Disease which has broken plenty of iPhone 8 and eight Plus models. Apple has later acknowledged the matter and responded by launching a Multi-Touch Repair Program to deal with the matter. it had been alleged to be resolve at that point.
The majority of user complaints about flickering display on an iPhone are linked to a faulty hardware component. this is often usually the case when it involves prior iPhone models with several years of usage. But this is often not always the case. Other users who have encountered an equivalent issue on their respective iPhones have acknowledged that a particular faulty app was the root-cause, and thereby denotes that the matter was software-related.
- All Types of Display Problem on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- 1. iPhone 8 or 8 Plus Blank Screen Issue
- 2. iPhone 8 or 8 Plus Stuck on Apple Logo (During Boot)
- 3. iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Stuck on Connect to iTunes or Recovery Mode
- 4. iPhone 8/8 Plus Display Stuck on Portrait or Landscape Mode
- 5. iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Ghost Touch Issue to fix Display Problem on iPhone 11
- 6. iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Display Freezes Randomly
- 7. iPhone 8 Series Touchscreen Not Responding
- 8. iPhone 8 Series Delayed Touchscreen Response
- 9. iPhone 8 Series Screen Flickering Issue
- 10. iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Screen Color Distortion
All Types of Display Problem on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
Even if you’ve recently upgraded your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus handset to the latest iOS version, then you should review it as the buggy or unstable software update can also cause display-related issues like black screen, screen flickering, and more. So, we will recommend you to check for all the installed third-party apps, any damage on the display physically, pending software update, and more.
Some times, users drop their smartphones or any liquid goes into the device. In all of these scenarios, you will require a troubleshooting guide to fix your handset by yourself. If nothing works properly, it’s highly recommended to go to the Apple service center.
1. iPhone 8 or 8 Plus Blank Screen Issue
If in case, your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus stuck on blank or black/blue screen, make sure to check the battery draining, brightness level, any pending software update or app update, etc. As these are the most common and necessary things to check up at first before going to any conclusion.
So, you can reboot your handset at first. Then try to increase the brightness level and set Auto-Brightness turned on for your ease. Next, head over to the App Store and check for any updates that are pending for any apps or not. Finally, check for the iOS version update on your iPhone, if available, just download and install it.
2. iPhone 8 or 8 Plus Stuck on Apple Logo (During Boot)
Unfortunately, if your iPhone 8/8Plus stuck on the Apple (white) logo during boot. You need to reboot your device into the DFU Mode via iTunes on your PC and try to re-install the iOS version manually.
Here’s how to perform a DFU mode restore on your iPhone 8:
- Close any running programs on your computer.
- Connect your iPhone to your computer using the Apple-supplied USB connector or Lightning cable.
- While your phone is connected, press and hold the Side/Power button for about 3 seconds.
- Keep pressing on the Side/Power button then press and hold the Volume Down button for about 10 seconds. If the Apple logo appears, it means you’ve held the buttons too long and that you’ll have to start all over again.
- If you see no logo, release the Side/Power button but keep holding the Volume Down button for another 5 seconds.
- If the screen stays black afterward, it means that you have successfully entered DFU mode. At this point, you will be prompted with an alert message on your computer saying that iTunes has detected your iPhone. If you see that message, follow the onscreen prompts to complete the DFU mode recovery process.
- If you see the Plug into iTunes screen, it means you haven’t entered DFU mode and that you will need to start all over again.
Make sure to check by removing the SIM card from your device as well.
3. iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Stuck on Connect to iTunes or Recovery Mode
If your iPhone stuck on Connect to iTunes or Recovery Mode, then you should fix this issue as early as possible. Most of the users fix their iPhone issues with the iTunes Recovery mode if nothing works by doing some of the possible solutions. Therefore you will need to follow the DFU Mode only to fix this issue. If you don’t know, DFU is known for Device Firmware Update which can restore the iOS on your device.
In order to use DFU mode, follow the above link under stuck on the Apple logo guide.
4. iPhone 8/8 Plus Display Stuck on Portrait or Landscape Mode
If in case, your iPhone stuck on portrait or landscape mode display and you’re not able to turn it normal again, make sure to force reboot your handset at first. Then you can erase the device data and settings as well to clear the cache or any temporary junk file.
Some times, the system bug or any glitch or any third-party app can cause these types of issues on your iPhone. So, make sure to reboot your device and then perform a factory reset. We can expect that this method will fix that issue completely.
5. iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Ghost Touch Issue to fix Display Problem on iPhone 11
One of the major issues of ghost touch is a cheap quality screen protector or glass protector for your handset. Pull off the protector at first, clean the screen with a cloth and then use your device. Meanwhile, the iOS bug or stability issues can also be one of the reasons for this issue.
It’s worth mentioning that performing a factory reset will fix most of the software-related issues on your iPhone.
6. iPhone 8 and 8 Plus Display Freezes Randomly
Are you facing random screen freezing or lag or stuttering issue on your iPhone 8, then either it can be a software bug or the device internal memory is getting low. Due to the buggy software update or low storage space, your iPhone may not work properly and the display gets frozen quite often. Therefore, it’s recommended to check and manage the device storage at first by deleting some of the older or unused files or apps.
Additionally, you need to update all the pending apps on your handset via the App Store and try to check for the latest iOS update as well. If available, just download and install it to refresh the device system and apps completely. Make sure to clear the background running apps as well. Because some times the third-party rogue apps can also occur these kinds of lags or issues.
If not done yet, try to do a factory reset on your handset to clear the system cache or any bad file or app or malware.
7. iPhone 8 Series Touchscreen Not Responding
If your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus touchscreen is not responding, then try to force reboot your device at first. As most of the time, the system glitch can also cause this issue. Make sure to check system crashes, bad third-party apps, malicious software, or any malware file as well. Keep in mind that your device battery is charged more than 50% and there isn’t any physical screen damage.
8. iPhone 8 Series Delayed Touchscreen Response
Are you getting delayed touch response on your iPhone 8 or iPhone 8 Plus? Make sure to update all the pending apps on your device at first. Then check for the latest software updates (iOS) on your handset. Next, force restarts your handset to fix the issue completely.
Mostly, it’s considered to be a system glitch or any app is running in the background quite aggressively. So, make sure to check that as well.
9. iPhone 8 Series Screen Flickering Issue
The screen flickering issue is considered to be one of the system bugs or the physical display issue. Don’t use any local cheap charger to charge your iPhone as this can also cause a touch problem and screen flickering issue. Meanwhile, check the device display properly whether it’s damaged internally or not.
Try to check for software updates (iOS) on your iPhone as well. Meanwhile, you can uninstall any third-party unused apps from your device to check whether the issues have been solved or not.
10. iPhone 8 and iPhone 8 Plus Screen Color Distortion
If your iPhone 8 series display has some color distortion or the color messed up issue then you can either check for the display contrast and brightness level or check whether the display is partially damaged or not. Make sure to reboot your device as well to fix that issue.
You can also try to upgrade your iOS version to the latest one, if available. Similarly, you can also upgrade all the pending apps on your device as well. Additionally, you can perform a factory reset on your iPhone 8 series to fix the color messed up issue. If nothing happens after trying some steps, it’s highly recommended to go to the Apple-authorised service center for further help.
That was it, this was the easiest way to Fix All Types of Display Problem on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- How to Fix Cellular Data Issue on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Force Restart the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Fix ‘A device attached to the system is not functioning’ Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Fix OTA Software Update Failed Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Change Wallpaper on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Use Ultra Wide-Angle Camera on iPhone 8 Plus