Huawei Honor 8 Lite (pra) came out of the box with Android 7.0 Nougat and was later upgraded to Android Oreo. Here in this guide, we will share the AOSP Android 10 Custom GSI build for Huawei Honor 8 Lite. Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson for making this possible.
Well, GSI stands for Generic System image which is a “pure Android” implementation with unmodified Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code, runnable on a variety of Android devices that has treble support. Google rolled Android 10, the 10th iteration of Android OS with the codename Q. It will be supported by most of the devices that came out in 2019 and 18. Even if your device is not officially supported, then you may try the Android 10 GSI build on your device.
Here in this guide, we will explain how to download and install the Android 10 GSI build on Huawei Honor 8 Lite (pra). We have provided the complete instruction and step-by-step guide to install the GSI custom build on Huawei Honor 8 Lite. The steps are simple and easy to follow.
Huawei Honor 8 Lite specifications
Honor 8 Lite features a 5.2-inches display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 1920 pixels with Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. The smartphone is powered by Kirin 655 processor coupled with 4GB of RAM. The phone packs 64 GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 128 GB via microSD card. The camera on the Honor 8 Lite comes with a 12MP Rear Camera and an 8MP front shooting camera. Honor 8 Lite runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with a Non-removable Li-Ion 3000mAh battery. It also has a fingerprint sensor in the rear. The handset supports Nano Sim. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, WiFi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install Android 10 ROM on Huawei Honor 8 Lite (pra)
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
- You need an unlocked bootloader device.
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install:Guide to install Generic System image (GSI) on your Android device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Huawei Honor 8 Lite (pra) handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.