Motorola One Power (codename: chef) launched in August 2018. The phone came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and later upgrade to Android 9.0 Pie. In this tutorial, we will show you how to install the AOSP Android 11 on Motorola One Power (chef). Recently, Google released its latest stable Android 11 for the general public. And with that, many OEMs were quick to adopt the same. First in the line were the Pixel devices, which were anyways along the expected lines. Later Google released the AOSP source code for Android 11 which is undoubtedly the main ingredient to compile Android 11-based custom ROMs.
Android 11 and It’s Features:
Well, Android 11, Google’s 11th iteration looks similar to Android 10 but with a handful of new features and changes. The update brings notification history, Chat bubbles, Conversation notifications, screen recorder, new media controls, smart device controls, one-time permission, improved dark theme with the scheduling system, app suggestions, wireless android auto, and many more. For more, check out our article Android 11 supported list, Android 11 Custom ROM list, best Android 11 features, and many more.
Motorola One Power: Device Overview:
Motorola One Power was announced in August 2018 which sports a 6.2-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 1080 x 2246 pixels. The device has an aspect ratio of 18.7:9 and a screen-to-body ratio of 81.3 %.
Motorola One Power is powered by a Octa-core (4×1.8 GHz Kryo 260 Gold & 4×1.6 GHz Kryo 260 Silver) with Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 chipset coupled with 4GB of RAM and 64GB of internal storage. It also supports an external memory card with up to 256 GB microSD. The device came out of the box with Android 8.1 Oreo and backed by a 5000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a dual-camera setup with 16MP + 5MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with an 12MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass. etc.
How to Install AOSP Android 11 on Motorola One Power:
With such a long list of goodies to offer, no doubt you will want to try out the AOSP Android 11 on Motorola One Power (chef). But before we list out the installation steps, please go through the prerequisites section. Make sure your device meets all the mentioned requirements. After this, go through the working features and the list of known issues present in this ROM. Once you have gone through all the requirements section, you may then proceed with the installation steps.
- How To Install Official TWRP Recovery On Motorola One Power and Root
- Common Motorola One Power Problems and Fixes – Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Camera, SIM, and More
- List of Best Custom ROM for Motorola One Power [Updated]
- Download and Install Lineage OS 17.1 for Motorola One Power based on Android 10 Q
- Download and Install AOSP Android 10 Q for Motorola One Power
- Install Stock ROM On Motorola One Power (Back to Stock, Unbrick, Downgrade, Bootloop)
- Tested only on Motorola One Power (chef)
- First and foremost, create a complete device backup.
- Next time, enable USB Debugging on your Motorola One Power. This will make your device recognizable by your PC in ADB mode. So head over to Settings > About Phone > Tap on Build Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- Your device also needs to have the bootloader unlocked. If you haven’t done so, then refer to our detailed guide on How To Unlock Bootloader On Motorola One Power.
- Next up, you will also need to install the TWRP Recovery on your device. This will be needed to flash the AOSP Android 11 on your Motorola One Power. You could refer to our comprehensive tutorial on how to Install TWRP Recovery For Motorola One Power.
Download AOSP Android 11
Before you download the firmware file, there is a pretty important worth mentioning. You should only use the proper vendor and firmware of your device of stable ROM.
Once you have downloaded the above files, transfer it to your device. Then proceed with the below steps to install AOSP Android 11 on your Motorola One Power (chef) device.
Install AOSP Android 11 on Motorola One Power (chef)
- Connect your device to PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Then head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Execute the below command in the CMD window to boot your device to TWRP Recovery:
adb reboot recovery
- Now head over to the wipe section and format system, data, and cache. Perform a right swipe to complete the format.
- Its now time to flash the AOSP Android 11 ROM onto your Motorola One Power. For that, head over to Install, select the AOSP ROM ZIP file and perform a right swipe to install the file.
- If you want Google Apps as well, then you need to flash it at this instance itself. Go to Install, select the GApps ZIP file, and perform a right swipe to flash this file.
- When that is done, you may reboot your device. Head over to Reboot and select System.
Your device will now boot to the newly installed OS. With this, we conclude the guide on how to install the AOSP Android 11 on Motorola One Power. Do keep in mind that the first boot might take up some time and you might have to set up your device from scratch.
Furthermore, once you have installed the ROM, do share your opinions about the same in the comments section. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.