Are you using the Honor 7C Pro and looking for the unofficial Android 10 ROM to install on your device? Then you’re in the right place. Here we have provided the steps to Download and Install AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 7C Pro [GSI Treble] with all the requirements. Make sure to follow the full guide below for a smoother flashing experience. The Honor 7C Pro has launched in 2018 with Android 8.0 Oreo and the budget segment specifications.
This year in September, Google has launched the latest Android 10 (aka Android Q) officially and also released the AOSP 10 Source Code for the developers. As we all know that Google’s Project Treble supports all the Android 8.0 Oreo or above running devices, it’s now quite easy to install GSI on Android devices. Thanks to the XDA Recognized Developer phhusson for developing Android 10 GSI build. GSI (generic system image) is a system image file that’s a Pure Android implementation to the Android Open Source Project (AOSP) code without any modification.
Table of Contents
Honor 7C Pro Specifications
The device has a 5.99-inches HD+ LCD display with a resolution of 720×1440 pixels. It’s powered by Snapdragon 450 chipset, packed with a 3GB/32GB memory variant. The handset runs on Android 8.0 Oreo and has a 3,000mAh battery.
In terms of the camera specifications, the device sports a dual 13MP+2MP rear camera and an 8MP selfie camera. The phone includes connectivity options like Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, A-GPS, GLONASS, MicroUSB 2.0, FM Radio, etc. While the device has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor, gyroscope, proximity, an accelerometer, and a compass sensor.
What’s on Android 10?
Google has started rolling out the latest Android 10 version update to its Pixel series devices which is the 10th iteration of Android OS. It brings plenty of new features to the device system like system UI, new gesture navigation, improved privacy and location control. The update also offers enhanced app permissions, foldable display support, security features, system-wide dark mode, etc.
The Android 10 also offers built-in call screening, multi-camera API, smart replies in the notification panel, 5G support, improved call quality, bubble feature, live caption, and more. While the latest version also improves battery life, Focus mode which is similar to the Do Not Disturb mode, etc. Apart from that Android 10 also features 65 new emojis. It also comes with direct audio streaming support to hearing aid devices.
Android 10 Features
Here we will provide short details of the most highlighted features of Android 10 (aka Android Q). Check out the Top 10 Android 10 features.
- Live Caption: This feature will automatically start caption when you will play media on your phone.
- Smart Reply: It will offer suggested responses or actions to your incoming messages like Facebook Messenger.
- Sound Amplifier: It will boost audio, filter background noise, and fine-tune the sound for the improved listening experience.
- New Gesture Navigation: This system is now smoother and faster than before.
- Dark Theme: It offers better battery backup and reduces eye strain during lowlight conditions.
- Privacy Controls: It features offers your device system to choose when and how your data will be shared.
- Location Controls: It feature also offers advanced security layers and control any apps or the map to access your location.
- Faster Security Updates: This option will be useful for both the smartphone OEMs and users via Google Play service. This will offer faster updates.
- Focus Mode: It’s an improved version of the Digital Wellbeing feature with an enhanced user interface and few changes.
- Family Link: It’s quite similar to the Focus mode which is basically for kids. The parents can now control devices or apps usage time limits and content limits as well.
Steps to Install AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 7C Pro
First, you have to unlock the device bootloader in order to flash any Custom ROM. But going to the process. let’s take a look at requirements and download links first.
Pre-Requirements: AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 7C Pro
- You need to unlock the bootloader at first.
- Download the required Android 10 GSI ROM file and Android 10 GApps file from below.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 60% at least for a smoother process.
- Take a complete backup of your device data without Root. In case anything goes wrong, you can easily restore all the data.
Instructions to Install: AOSP Android 10 update for Honor 7C ProGuide to Install Generic System Image (GSI) on Your Android Device
We hope that this guide is helpful to you and you have successfully installed the AOSP Android 10 Custom ROM on your Huawei Honor 7C Pro handset easily. If in case anything goes wrong or if you have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments below.