Astro A10 is mainly for gaming users who want an experience with long-lasting comfort. With the Astro A10 Headset, you can easily access the PS4, PS5 and Xbox consoles. Unfortunately, most users reported that their Astro A10 Headset is not working properly while they’re trying to connect with the gaming console.
However, if you’re having an issue with the Astro A10 Headset not working on the gaming console, you don’t need to worry. This guide will provide the causes as well as some possible methods which you take to solve the problem easily.
- What Reasons is Astro A10 Not Working on PS4, PS5 and Xbox?
- Astro A10 Not Working on PS4, PS5 and Xbox, How to Fix?
- Final Words
What Reasons is Astro A10 Not Working on PS4, PS5 and Xbox?
The Astro A10 Headset not working on PlayStation 4, PlayStation 5 and Xbox consoles is caused by various reasons. Here are some of the main cause includes:
Connection Problem: One of the most common causes is why your Astro A10 Headset may not work on PS4, PS5, and Xbox consoles due to connection issues.
Physical Damage: The other main cause is the physical damage to the Headset or the cable, which prevents it from working on PS4, PS 5 and Xbox Console.
Dead Battery: A faulty or damaged battery might be the reason for not working on PS4, PS5 and Xbox consoles. Try checking if the battery is working in good condition.
Firmware & Software issue: The Software and the firmware may also cause the Astro A10 to malfunction. Sometimes, the glitches and the bugs might be the reason for not working.
Incompatible hardware: Sometimes, the Astro A10 Headset may not work due to incompatibility with the gaming console. Try checking if your Headset is compatible with the gaming console.
Astro A10 Not Working on PS4, PS5 and Xbox, How to Fix?
Astro A10 Headset is compatible with all gaming consoles, including PS4, PS5 and Xbox. In most cases, the issue is due to the faulty or damaged Headset, which prevents it from working on PS4, PS5 and Xbox consoles. If you’re facing an issue with the Astro A10 Headset, you can easily solve the issue by following some possible troubleshooting methods. So, let’s get started.
Fix 1: Restart Your Console
If your Astro A10 Headset is not working and you’re having trouble connecting with the PS4, PS5 and Xbox consoles, try restarting your console. It helps to solve the not working issue on the gaming console. Here’s how you can restart your console:
- Firstly, close the open games and applications.
- To restart your PS4 PS5: press the PS button, select the power icon for a few seconds and choose the Reboot option.
- To restart your Xbox: press the Xbox button and select Restart Xbox to confirm it.
- Once restarted, try to check if your Astro A10 Headset is working.
Fix 2: Try Using a Different Cable
The Astro A10 Headset comes with a 3.5mm headphone cable, which is good and premium quality. However, it’s possible that the headphones cable is damaged or faulty. This could cause the Astro A10 headphones not to work with the gaming consoles. In such cases, you have to replace the headphones cable with the new one.
Alternatively, you can also try using the cable with other devices to check if the issue is with the Headset or with the old cable. Moreover, you can connect with your mobile or use it to connect the phone to a different sound device. If the issue persists, try moving on to other solutions.
Fix 3: Charge Your Astro Headset
It’s also possible that your Astro A10 Headset is not charged, which causes it not to work on PS4, PS5 and Xbox consoles. Make sure to charge your Astro A10 fully before connecting with the gaming console. You also have to check the battery is in working condition. If there is any fault in the batteries, try to replace them with new ones.
Fix 4: Check Xbox Settings
There are some settings available in the Xbox consoles to use the headphones properly without facing any difficulty. So, you have to follow the below instructions to set the settings to solve the not working issue on PS4, PS5 and Xbox.
- Plug the audio cables into your Xbox controller and your Astro A10 Headset.
- On your Xbox, open Settings.
- Choose the General option and select the Volume and audio output settings.
- In the volume option, ensure the party chat output is set to Headset.
- Finally, select “Windows sonic for headphones.”
That’s it. Now you should be able to use your Astro A10 Headset with the PS4, PS5 and Xbox. If the issue persists, try moving on to other methods.
Fix 5: Check PS4 & PS5 Settings
In the PS4 and PS5 settings, there are a lot of features and additional settings to use different sound devices for your PS4 PS5 console. To fix the Astro A10 Headset to work on PS4, PS5 and Xbox, you have to choose the appropriate device. Here’s how you can select it:
- Connect your Astro A10 Headset using the 3.5mm headphone cable.
- Now connect the other end of the cable to your PS4, PS5 controller’s headphone jack which is generally located at the bottom of the controller.
- Open the Settings menu on your PS4 and PS5 console.
- Scroll down and choose the Sound option.
- Under Microphone, change the input device to the Controller headset.
- In the Audio output option, choose Controller headset.
- At the below options, choose Output to Headphones and set it to all audio.
Once the settings are updated, try to connect your Astro A10 Headset to your PS4, PS5 and Xbox to check if the issue is resolved. If the issue persists, try moving on to other solutions.
Fix 6: Check Your Astro A10 Headset is Working
If you tried to change the settings on your PS4, PS5 and Xbox consoles and still have an issue with the Astro A10 Headset not working, try checking your Astro A10 Headset. Make sure your Astro A10 Headphone is working in good condition. But for this, you have to check your Astro headset by plugging it into different devices such as Mobile phones or Windows PCs.
- Connect your Astro A10 Headset to your Mobile phone.
- Now try to play some songs and ensure the Astro A10 speaker is working.
- Try to make a call to your friend and talk using the Microphone on your headphones to check if the Microphone is working.
Fix 7: Check for Hardware Damage
If the solutions mentioned above don’t work anymore, then it’s possible that there’s an issue itself with the Astro A10 Headphone. Try to check your headphones for any technical issues or faults in the connection. It’s also possible that your headphones malfunction due to hardware issues or components. In rare cases, you have to contact the Astro technical support team to get the issue solved.
The Astro A10 Headphone not working is caused by various reasons, and you don’t know what reasons are actually causing the issue. Thankfully, you can easily solve the Astro A10 Headphone problem by following some solutions. If the issue persists, you should contact Astro technical support team for further assistance.