In this guide, I will show you how to request Tiktok to change your age on the app profile. It is always important to properly disclose your age while using social media. We all know social networking apps have content that caters to all age categories. So specifying your age will help a platform curate and provide content that is meant for the audience of your age category. TikTok has made it stringent for the users to mention their age.
According to age, certain features of TikTok will be available to them. Unless the user is above 18 years of age, they cant use live streaming, private messaging, etc. In fact, a significant chunk of TikTok users also faced a ban for wrongly mentioning their ages. If someone provides wrong info about their age intentionally or otherwise, they can still change the information and put up their current age.
How to Change Your Age on TikTok
Keep in mind that you cannot change the age directly from the TikTok iOS or Android app. You have to request TikTok to make changes to your account data by sending them a privacy report.
For citing your correct age you have to provide some proof for your age. It can be any document that has your actual date of birth. TikTok will verify that and will change your age on the profile.
Also Read: How To Report A User Account in TikTok?
Steps to Request for Changing Age on Tiktok
- Go to the Privacy Report page of TikTok
- Mention your country name
- Then put up your TikTok username and associated email ID
- Under the What is Your Request tab, select the first option Request information or action about account data
- Then under Who is this request for, select the option Myself [as you’re changing the age for yourself]
- Under provide details tab, explain properly in simple language about how your current age mentioned on TikTok profile is wrong and you wish to change that
- Finally, under the Declaration tab, click on the checkboxes citing that the information you are providing is true.
- Finally, click on Submit
Note: If you provide false information or proof of your age, your Tiktok profile will be permanently taken down.
What to Do if your Request to Change age is not Granted
Well, this is an unfortunate situation where you have to let go of your old TikTok account and create a new one. However, make double sure to enter all your information correctly especially age.
So, that’s the only way to change your age on TikTok. The best practice is to be genuine and provide all personal info correctly to avoid any hassle.