Google sheet is a useful tool for people looking to work on the go. It is an excellent platform for anyone to create and work on a spreadsheet. Now there are different customization options in Google Sheets that most don’t even check out. But if you are someone who likes to control every little aspect of your spreadsheet, then you can do it in Google Sheets. Google Sheets has the feature of even changing the font in it.
Google Sheet comes with a default font, and most people don’t even bother to change it. But if you are looking for ways to change the default font of Google Sheets, this article will help you. Here, we will take a look at two possible ways by which anyone can change the font on their spreadsheet. So without further ado, let’s get into it.
How to change the font in Google Sheets?
As mentioned above, there are two ways to change the font in Google Sheets. You can either create a custom theme in Google Sheets, or you can create a spreadsheet template. Both of them will give you the option to change the font in your sheet.
Creating a custom theme:
Google Sheets has the feature of adding themes to spreadsheets, and it gives users a significant bit of customization in their content. When you choose the theme option in Google sheets, you will see options to set the font, color, background, etc., for your spreadsheet. So from here, you can select the font of your spreadsheet too.
- Open a Google Sheet document.
- Click on the “Format” option in the toolbar and choose “Theme.”
- Now you will see a different themes box on the right side of your display. Here, you can choose one of the available themes or create a new one. To create a new one, simply click on customize to edit the standard theme.
- Customizing the theme will give you the liberty to customize everything about it according to your liking. Here, choose the font of your choice along with the styles, backgrounds, and everything else.
- After you are done with your selection, name your theme, and click on “Done.”
Whenever you want to use this theme for future use, select it from your themes section, and use it any number of times you wish.
Creating a spreadsheet template:
A spreadsheet template lets you create reusable spreadsheets that you can repeatedly use to create similar spreadsheets. When you choose to create a new template, you get the option of selecting the fonts, colors, styles, and more according to your preference. This comes in handy if you wish to create different kinds of spreadsheets for various reasons like to denote the profit and loss margin, to create a schedule, to create a nutrition table, and much more.
- Open a new Google Sheet document.
- Select the entire spreadsheet by pressing Ctrl+A keys.
- Set the font, font size, text color, and everything that is there at the top.
- Then set a name for your spreadsheet at the top and click on the small folder icon next to it.
- Then create a new folder in your drive from there and save this template spreadsheet in that folder.
- Next time you wish to open that template again, you can do it easily by opening the spreadsheet from the saved location. It would be better to keep this template file as that will give you the option to use the same file again and again for future use.
Some people might confuse themes and templates as the same thing, but they are not. Templates have particular formatting for font, font sizes, colors, etc. Meanwhile, themes constitute of more than one template assembled together.
If you wish to selectively change the font only in some cells, select the cells whose font you want to change, and from the list of options below the toolbar, choose a font. Here select a font of your preference by clicking on it. Then save the file. If you don’t find a font of your choice for some reason, click on the More fonts option at the top, and then a list of fonts will show up. Here, select the font you want to add to your available list of fonts and click on Ok.
So this is how you can add fonts to your Google sheet and even change it according to your preference. If the default theme is a bit boring for you or you like to have different kinds of fonts for different types of spreadsheets, then changing the font is a good customization option that you can try.
Now, if you have any questions or queries about this guide, then comment down below, and we will get back to you. Also, be sure to check out our other articles on iPhone tips and tricks, Android tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and much more for more useful information.