Spotify music app’s popularity in recent times has just skyrocketed. It is easily one of the most used audio streaming services and comes with a ton of features. Firstly, it is an online audio streaming service, so the unlimited stream is something you get both on the premium and free version of Spotify. But certain features like the ability to download songs for offline listening is something we see only on the premium version. Now for online streaming, one can easily change the audio quality of his choice, which is set to normal (96 kbit/sec) by default and change it to high (160 kbit/sec) or very high (320 kbit/s).
However, the quality you get with your downloaded songs is different. You cannot just set your streaming quality at high and expect it to download in high quality too. The setting to change the quality of downloaded songs on Spotify is different, and this article is here to guide you through the process easily.
How to Change Music Quality in Spotify :
For changing the streaming quality, one can just go into settings and easily find the streaming quality selection option. But for changing the quality for downloaded songs, the process is a bit different. The overall process is, however, similar though for both iOS and Android users. One disclaimer, though, download and offline listening is a premium feature, and for this method to work, you need to have a premium subscription of Spotify.
- Tap on the Spotify App to open it up.
- Tap on the gear icon at the top right corner.
- Scroll and find the option that says “Music Quality.” Tap on it once you find it, and it will take you to a different screen.
- Here scroll and look for the option “Download,” and tap on it. A drop-down list will pop up.
- From the drop-down list, select the quality of your choice from Normal, High to Very High. There will be another option, “Streaming,” which will have the same options, but it is only for the songs you listen to online.
- Once you have selected the quality of your choice, simply press back and close settings. Now download any song you want to add to your offline library in your preferred quality.
Music quality details
Check out a side-by-side comparison below.
|Web player||AAC 128kbit/s||AAC 256kbit/s|
|Desktop, mobile, and tablet|
*The low-quality option isn’t available on the Windows desktop app.
Now you are good to go. You can download any of your favorites in the best possible quality. However, a thing to remember here is that higher quality means a higher bandwidth use, and if that’s an issue for you, then try not to set it at the highest possible quality. Feel free to comment if you are facing any difficulties with this method. Here we have used an iPhone, but an Android will also have a similar interface. And please do check our iPhone tips section, Android tips section, Windows tip section, and more for similar updates.