Chromecast is a streaming media adapter developed by Google that allows users to stream online content like music or video on TV. It’s also a dongle that plugs into the HDMI port of the TV and a cable connects to a USB port to power up the device. While the Google Home is a smart speaker that is powered by Google’s Voice Assistant feature that plays music and answers questions. Here we’ve shared an easy guide on How to Connect your Chromecast to Google Home.
If you don’t know, the Google Home doesn’t have any screen but users can control video playback on a Google Chromecast by using the Google Home. So, users can play Netflix and YouTube videos by commanding your registered voice. In order to do this, you will need to set up your Chromecast device at first to connect with the TV. So, if you also want to attach the Chromecast with the Google Home, check the steps below.
How to Connect your Chromecast to Google Home
- First of all, connect the Chromecast device to the USB port of your TV and plug the USB wire into a power source.
- Turn on the TV and install the Google Home app on your smartphone from the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store. However, if you’re using a Chromecast with the PC/Laptop, you don’t have to install the Google Home app.
- Now, launch the Google Home app on your phone.
- Tap on the Devices icon from the upper right corner of the screen. (Screen Casting icon)
- Tap on Add New Device.
- Next, follow the on-screen instructions and turn on the Wi-Fi network > then choose the Chromecast Wi-Fi Hotspot.
- Go back to the Google Home app and tap on Continue.
- Both the app and Chromecast connected TV will show up a 4-digit code. Check whether the codes are matching or not.
- If both the code matches, tap on I SEE IT.
- Select the Region and tap on Continue.
- Give an easy to say Chromecast name and select Continue.
- Choose your preferred Wi-Fi network.
- Enter the Wi-Fi password and then tap on Continue.
- Now, sign in to the existing or a new Google Account and Continue.
- The app will show you the screencast tutorial. Either you can watch it or skip it.
- You’re done. The Chromecast is now set up and you can view it from the Devices option.
- That’s it. You can now control your Chromecast by using your voice command via the connected Google Home.
We hope you’ve found this guide pretty useful. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comments below.