Starting off, Chromecast is a smaller online media streaming device from Google that allows users to plug into the HDMI port on your TV and start streaming content. Users will require iPhone, iPad, Android, Windows, Mac, or Chromebook to cast movies, music, games, etc. However, sometimes some of the Android device users may find difficulties to connect and cast screen with Chromecast. Now, if you also feel that you can’t Chromecast from the Android device then check this in-depth troubleshooting guide completely.
It’s also recommended to check for the internet connection and the download/upload speed as well. The network speed and stability mainly depends on the screen-casting quality in most cases. First of all, you’ll need to connect your Chromecast and setup completely by following Google’s recommended guidelines. However, if in case, you can’t see the screen-casting option even after setting up the Chromecast, you should recheck with your Wi-Fi router as there can be multiple networks in the router.
Make sure to check the connected Wi-Fi network or band from the Wi-Fi settings on your Android device. Similarly, you can head over to the TV and select the Chromecast input then you can check the connected network name from the bottom-left corner of the screen. If in case, not connected to the same network then do accordingly. Now, let’s jump into the possible workarounds below.
How to Fix If I Can’t Chromecast from my Android device
- Turn off and on again all the related devices like Android phone, Chromecast, Wi-Fi router, and the TV at the same time. Means unplug your Chromecast and then turn off the mobile device and then turn off the router & TV. Wait for at least 1 minute and then turn on all the devices.
- Try to clear the app cache after closing the app. Head over to the Android device Settings > ‘Apps’ or ‘App Manager’ > Find ‘Boomerang’ in the app list > Tap on ‘Force Stop/Close’ > Go to the ‘Storage’ > Tap on ‘Clear Data’ > Tap on ‘Clear Cache’ > Launch the Boomerang app again and log in.
- Power cycle both your Android device and Wi-Fi router one by one. Simply power off your device (unplug the power cable of the router) > Wait for around 30 seconds > Turn on both the devices > Launch the Boomerang app and login again.
- Try uninstalling and reinstalling the Boomerang app on your Android device. Go to the device Settings menu > ‘Apps’ or ‘App Manager’ > Select ‘Boomerang’ > Tap on Uninstall > Head over to the Google Play Store > Install Boomerang app again > Open it and log in. Therefore, your Boomerang app will also run the latest version.
- Check whether the Android device software is up to date. Head over to the Settings > System Updates > Check for updates. If available, then download and install it > try running the Boomerang app again to check for the issue.
- Additionally, make sure not to use any VPN service as it can cause issues with connectivity or screen-casting.
- You can also try using any other screen-casting device or an Android device to check for the issue.
That’s it, guys. We hope this guide was helpful to you. If you’ve any queries, let us know in the comment section below.