Bungie did release Destiny 2 as a sequel to Destiny which is a free-to-play action MMO video game that offers a looter-shooter experience. Though the title is doing really well in the market and players are having quite fun, it seems that there are a couple of bugs or errors troubling a lot of players. The chances are high that you’re facing the Destiny 2 Error Code Calabrese on the PC while launching the game. If so, you can follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
According to several reports, multiple Destiny 2 players are experiencing this same error and Bungie has officially acknowledged it on their forum. If we take a quick look at the Bungie Help forum, it indicates that the Error Code: CALABRESE is somehow one of the networking-related issues and developers are actively working on it. Well, this might also be a server-side issue in some cases, and if you’re getting it quite often, then don’t worry as you’re not alone.
How to Fix Destiny 2 Error Code Calabrese
Whenever you receive the Calabrese error code at your end, the disconnected status is automatically reported. However, if you continue to receive this error, make sure to follow a couple of potential workarounds mentioned below that should come in handy. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Check Your Network
First of all, you should try checking out the network status at your end to ensure there is no issue with the internet connection. Sometimes conflicts with the wireless or wired internet connection can trouble you a lot. It’s better to switch to a different network and try again.
2. Check for Server Outages
It’s highly recommended to check for server outages or technical errors by visiting the official @BungieHelp Twitter handle for further info. If in case, there is an issue with the server downtime or outage then make sure to wait for a couple of hours and try running the Destiny 2 game again.
3. Update Destiny 2
Mostly an outdated game patch version may trigger multiple potential issues with the game running as well as smoother gameplay. You should install the latest update to make the game compatible with fewer bugs whatsoever. To do that:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Destiny 2 from the list of installed games on the left pane.
- Now, the client will automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, you’ll see the Update option.
- Just click on it and wait for a couple of minutes until the game update completes. [Depends on the storage space and internet connectivity]
- Once done, make sure to close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Head over to Library.
- Now, click on the three dots icon next to Destiny 2.
- Make sure the Auto Update option is turned on.
- Whenever the update is available, it’ll automatically install the update.
4. Verify and Repair Game Files
The chances are high that somehow your game files are missing or corrupted on the PC which eventually conflicts with the game running properly. You may not receive errors or warning messages that’s why you won’t understand what’s going on. It’s better to perform repairing game files on the PC. To do so:
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Destiny 2 from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
For Epic Games Launcher:
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Click on Library.
- Click on the three-dots icon of Destiny 2.
- Click on Verify and it’ll start verifying the game files.
- Wait for the process to complete and restart the launcher.
5. Add an Exception for Destiny 2 on Windows Firewall
Sometimes the Windows Firewall protection can block the ongoing connection of the respective game files on the PC which can trouble in launching games or programs. It’s suggested to add an exception for the Destiny 2 executable application file on Windows Firewall by following the steps below.
- Press the Win+S keys to open Windows Search.
- Open Control Panel from the search result.
- Now, click on System and Security > Here you’ll see Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on Allow an app through Windows Firewall.
- Hit Change settings > Click on Allow another app.
- Click on Browse and select Destiny 2 executable file.
- Next, click on Open > Click on Add.
- Finally, click on OK to save changes.
6. Use a DNS Server
It’s also highly recommended to try changing the current DNS address on your gaming device or Wi-Fi router to a public DNS address for better reachability and faster connectivity speeds. Google DNS address is so popular and widely used by gamers or streamers worldwide as a public DNS. Sometimes your specific DNS address provided by your internet service provider may have some blocking issues that eventually trigger online server connectivity errors.
Please Note: You should write down your existing DNS server address from the screen as a backup. If anything goes wrong, you can change it to the previous DNS address and save the changes.
- Open the Start menu > Go to Control Panel.
- Click on Network and Internet > Select Network and Sharing Center.
- Select Change adapter settings > Right-click on the active network connection.
- Click on Properties > Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCIP/IPv4) in the list.
- Click on Properties > Select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Enter 188.8.131.52 for the Preferred DNS Server addresses.
- Next, enter 184.108.40.206 for the Alternate DNS Server addresses.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes, and restart the PC.
7. Reinstall Destiny 2
If none of the methods worked for you then try reinstalling the Destiny 2 game on the PC to check if that helps you to fix the error code CALABRESE. Obviously, the method isn’t handy for all, but there is nothing you can do on your end.
- Open the Steam client on your PC.
- Go to Library > Right-click on Destiny 2.
- Select Uninstall > Click on Delete to confirm.
- Wait for the uninstallation process to complete > Exit the Steam client.
- Now, open the File Explorer application.
- Copy-paste C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common on the address bar and hit Enter to search for the location.
- Go to the Destiny 2 folder and simply Delete the folder completely.
- Reboot the PC to apply changes > Open Steam Store and Reinstall the Destiny 2 game again.
8. Contact Bungie Support
Last but not the least, you can contact Bungie Support for further assistance. As developers are aware of this specific Error Code: CALABRESE, the chances are high that submitting the support ticket for the same issue will help developers to work and fix the error asap.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.