Last few days, it has been a pie update for most of the Huawei devices. If you have upgraded Huawei P10 to Android 9.0 Pie with EMUI 9.0 and you want to downgrade? Well, here we will guide on how to downgrade Huawei P10 from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo. Downgrade process is little complicated, so we request you to read carefully before jumping straight to the conclusion of rolling back to Oreo.
Recently Huawei started the beta test of Android 9.0 Pie for a few Huawei devices with the latest EMUI 9.0 interface. If you upgraded your Huawei P10 and don't like the update or facing any issues like Lag, or your battery draining quickly, then you can downgrade Huawei P10 from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo by following this steps. To downgrade you must download the Huawei P10 Rollback file from the link given below in respect of the region code.
In case if you have not upgraded to Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei P10 and want to try it? then follow our guide on how to Install Huawei P10 Android 9.0 Pie Update. Well, Android 9.0 Pie is the 9th iteration of Android OS which brings new gesture-based navigation system. Other features of Android 9 Pie are New Quick Settings UI design, Redesigned volume slider, Advanced Battery with AI Support, Notch Support, Improved Adaptive Brightness, Manual theme selection, Android Dashboard which Google calls Digital Wellbeing, and more other features.
Rollback Firmware Details:
- Device: Huawei P10
- Model: VTR-TL00, VTR-AL00, VTR-L29, and VTR-L09
- Android Rollback Version: 9.0 Pie -> 8.0 Oreo
- EMUI Rollback Version: 9.0 -> 8.0
- Status: Official
- Type: Rollback firmware Package
- Changelog: This update will roll back your phone's operating system to Android 8.0 (EMUI 8.0).
Downgrade Huawei P10 from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo
Well, Here we will guide on how to rollback to Android Oreo on Huawei P10. Make sure to download the Android Oreo Rollback package for Huawei P10 and read the steps carefully. Now you can easily revert back to Android Oreo using this guide. The Guide is simple and easy to return to Oreo from 9.0 Pie Update.
- This will work only on Huawei P10
- Make sure to download all the required tools, drivers and Rollback package
- Charge your Huawei P10 to at least 50% before following this guide
- By rolling back, you may lose all your data. So take a complete backup of your data before degrading your firmware.
- I don't guarantee that this will work on all Huawei P10 variant. So make sure to comment below with your modeL
Download Drivers and Rollback Files:
- Download latest Huawei USB Drivers
- Rollback Package Here:
- VTR-TL00C01B372 (184.108.40.2062)
- VTR-AL00C01B372 (220.127.116.112)
- VTR-L29C635B377 (18.104.22.1687)
- VTR-AL00C00B371 (22.214.171.1241)
- VTR-TL00C00B371 (126.96.36.1991)
- More Variant will be coming soon.
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
I hope this guide was useful to downgrade Huawei P10 from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo.
Huawei P10 Specifications:
Talking about the specs, Huawei P10 was launched in February 2017 at an event Mobile World Congress, Barcelona. The smartphone features a 5.5-inches display with a screen resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels. It is powered by octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 coupled with 6 GB of RAM. The phone packs 128GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei P10 sports a with Dual 12 MP rear Camera and 8MP front shooting camera. Huawei P10 runs on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with a non-removable battery of 3200mAh power.