Finally, Huawei has started rolling the Android 9.0 Pie update to Huawei P10 with EMUI 9.0 Open beta. The update is currently available to users who have signed up for Huawei Beta Program. The update already started rolling via OTA (Over the air) to users in the beta program. Waiting for the official Huawei P10 Android 9.0 Pie update? then, it’s time to enjoy EMUI 9.0 Beta based on Android Pie.
The update is now live and available to download here. If you didn’t sign up for Huawei Beta program or you are not patience to wait for the OTA, then you can download the full firmware and flash the update via flashy tool to upgrade from Android 8.0 Oreo to Android 9.0 Pie on Huawei P10. Below we given are Open Beta software, if you experience bugs, then we are not responsible.
EMUI 9.1 Full Features
EROFS File System: Adds the EROFS system function, which improves app speed and fluidity.
- Customizes incoming call videos for your contacts
GPU Turbo 3.0: Huawei’s GPU Turbo 3.0 acceleration technology supports dozens of more games, allowing you to enjoy an improved gaming experience.
Automatically generates highlight reels, applies effects templates, and creates MVs with a single touch.
- Car Key: Your mobile phone can be turned into a car key. Currently supports Audi 7 series cars.
Supports instantaneous sharing of clipboard and screen recordings between your phone and Huawei MateBook.
- AR Measurement: With the Stock Camera app, users can measure length, height, area, volume, and more easily via AR measurement option.
- New Voice Assistant: EMUI 9.1 brings a new improved voice assistant with a new interaction. Long press the power button for a second to wake up.
Cloning: EMUI 9.1 users can simply clone or duplicate the device data like contacts, images, music files, videos, and more if required. You can also clone social apps like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Google Android July 2019 Security Patch with improved system security.
- VLOG: Huawei EMUI 9.1 features new effects and editing tools and share option with one-click. It offers so many filters and special effects with background music.
- OneHop: This feature offers media and image sharing option between smartphone and PC easily. Users can also copy or paste files with OneHop feature simply.
- Few bug fixes and system improvements.
[su_spoiler title=”EMUI 9.0 Update”]
EMUI 9.0 is here. Built on Android Pie, EMUI 9.0 preserves that essential Android flavor, with an added dash of nature and simplicity. This new version contains wonderful new technology and streamlined processes, as well as a friendlier, more beautiful design. Our improved, intuitive interface brings greater convenience in work and daily use safeguards your data, helps you to understand your digital habits and more. We couldn’t be more proud to put EMUI 9.0 in your palm, and we hope it brings you joy and delight. Note: The time required to install this update may vary depending on your device and network.
Intuitive design We’ve simplified the UI in EMUI 9.0, making it easier and more intuitive to use. Nature’s sounds Alarms and ringtones are inspired by nature, bringing the wild back to your everyday. Illustrated functionality We’ve made it easier to learn about your phone with graphically engaging instructions and descriptions. Simple settings EMUI 9.0 unifies, combining once separate functions into a single, streamlined experience. All of your most frequently used settings are easier to access.
Digital balance Understand your habits, manage your time, and get plenty of sleep. Digital balance helps you balance your device usage, so you and your family can live in perfect harmony with technology. Faster launch times We’ve improved launch speeds for the most popular apps on the market. Functionality Once-heavy processes now move lightning fast. It’s now much faster to pay, open large images, and share photos with WeChat.
Android 9.0 Pie Update
Google has started rolling out the next major version of Android for the supported Google Pixel devices. After the Android 8.0 Oreo, this is the 9th iteration of Android from Google. With Android Pie, Google has revamped many UI changes which include the notification panel, Settings, Quick Toggles and more. The main highlighted features of Android Pie are notification panel, indoor WiFi positioning, support for iPhone X-style notches, Material Design 2, Dark Mode, Enhanced Auto-fill, Dual Camera API, Neural network API implementation and many more.
Well, let us now take a quick look at some of the most important features of Android 9 Pie. Should we?
Features of Android 9.0 Pie Update
Here are some of the main features of the Android 9 Pie:
- Gestures: With this release of Android, Google removed the original home button with a pill that supports gestures. For instance, the users can slide up to show recent apps or slide right to quickly switch between apps.
- New Recent Apps menu: With the earlier versions of Android, there used to be a stacked card list of Recent Apps. This is now replaced with a horizontal card list.
- New User Interface: The Android 9 Pie has an all-new user interface which is even more minimal. Google has used the Color Sche,e which they call it as Material Design 2 with this version of Android.
- Dashboard: Also known as Digital Wellbeing is One of our personal favorite features of the Android 9 Pie is the addition of a Dashboard. Now, the dashboard is that feature which would help you track your overall usage. Users can track the app(s) usage, sleep and more. The objective here is to prevent distractions and focus on productive things.
- Slices: With earlier versions of Android, when we search for an app on Android, the app icon itself comes up. But with this version of Android, Google is going to show you information that’s embedded within apps.
Steps to Install Huawei P10 Android 9.0 Pie Update
Make sure to download the required tools, drivers and ROM before trying this method.
GetDroidTips will not be responsible for any internal/external damages to the device that may happen while/after following this guide.
- Supported Device: Huawei P10
- What you need: You need to Activate the Developer Option and Enable USB Debugging.
- Beta Flashy Tool: Download Beta Flashy v0.2 [to flash using the first method]
- Required Drivers: Download the Huawei USB Drivers.
- Backup before upgrading: Take a complete backup before flashing the firmware on your phone. Here is some backup method which you can follow.
- Charge before upgrading: Make sure you have enough battery to run the upgrade process. It is recommended that the power of the battery is more than 30%.
- Unlock Bootloader: To install Huawei P10 Android 9.0 Pie update, you need bootloader unlock on your device.
Method 1: Instructions:
- First, you need to download EMUI 9.0 Beta Flashy v0.2 and extract on your PC’
- Download the firmware and extract it inside the same flashing tool extracted area.
- You need to enable OEM unlocking and USB Debugging on your device
- Once you have enabled OEM unlocking, now open the flashy tool and run the Flash.bat file inside it.
- This will now flash the Android 9 Pie on Huawei P10
- Once it is done! Reboot your device and enjoy the Android Pie EMUI 9.0 beta.
- That’s it! You have successfully flashed Android Pie.
Method 2: Instructions:
Still not able to update? then you can flash the latest update using this guide: Download Firmware for Huawei Devices with Huawei Firmware Finder
We have also shared useful extraction trick to Extract and Install the Update.app file from Huawei Firmware package.
I hope this guide was helpful enough to flash the Huawei P10 Android 9.0 Pie Update.
Huawei P10 Specifications:
Huawei P10 and P10 Plus were launched in February 2017 at an event Mobile World Congress, Barcelona. It which comes with 5.1-inches display with a screen resolution of 1920×1080 pixels. The smartphone is powered by octa-core HiSilicon Kirin 960 coupled with 4 GB of RAM. The phone packs 32GB or 64GB internal memory which can also be expanded up to 256GB via microSD card. The camera on the Huawei P10 and P10 Plus comes with 13MP rear Camera and 8MP front shooting camera.
Huawei P10 and P10 Plus run on Android 7.0 Nougat out of the box with a non-removable battery of 3200mAh power. The handset supports dual sim with 4G on both slots. It comes with connectivity options such as Bluetooth, Wifi, USB OTG, FM, 3G, and 4G.