Xiaomi has rolled out the latest Pie update to most of their latest devices. If you have upgraded your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred) to the latest firmware and didn’t like it much, then you can downgrade it. Today in this post, we will guide you on how to downgrade Redmi Note 5 Pro from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo. You need to Downgrade Redmi Note 5 Pro from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo if you are facing issues in the latest Pie update.
After the latest Pie update, many users are complaining about several issues. Such as battery drain issues, performance issues, camera lag issues, etc. To fix this problem, you need to roll back Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro to Oreo. This is a fairly complicated process but doesn’t worry. As we will guide you through each step of the process.
What is the Downgrade process?
Downgrade process refers to the process where a user installs an outdated os version than the current OS. You might need to downgrade the device if you’re not liking the latest pie update. To downgrade your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro (whyred), you need Mi Flash tool and rollback files for your device. You can find these in the download section below.
Rollback Firmware Details:
- Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Model: whyred
- Android Rollback Version: 9.0 Pie -> 8.1 Oreo
- Rollback UI: MIUI 10
- Status: Official
- Type: Rollback firmware Package
- Changelog: This update will roll back your phone’s operating system to Android 8.1
Download Drivers and Rollback Files
To downgrade you must download the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Rollback file from the link given below in respect of the region code.
Downgrade Redmi Note 5 Pro from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo
If you have upgraded your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro and don’t like the update or facing any issues like Lag, or your battery draining quickly, then you can downgrade from Android 9.0 Pie to Oreo by following these steps.
- This guide is only for Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro
- Make sure to download all the required tools, drivers, and Rollback package
- Charge your Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro to at least 50% before following this guide
- By rolling back, you may lose all your data. So take a complete backup of your data.
- I don’t guarantee that this will work on all Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro variants. So make sure to comment below with your model
Now you can easily revert back to Android Oreo using this guide. The Guide is simple and easy to return to Oreo from 9.0 Pie Update.Guide to Install MIUI ROM on Xiaomi Device [Recovery/Fastboot]
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:Video Guide on Steps to Flash Xiaomi Device using Fastboot Method
I hope this guide has helped you to rollback Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro from Pie to Oreo. In case you’re facing any kind of issue during the flashing/installing process, then let us know via the comment section.