In this tutorial, we will show you the steps to downgrade Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro from Android 11 to Android 10. Both these offerings from Xiaomi were among the early adopters of the latest iteration of Android. As a result, they were quick to welcome a plethora of new and interesting features. Be it the new one-time permissions, separate conversation section, Bubble Conversations, or the revamped Power Menu, there’s a lot to talk about.
However, for some, these are a lot to digest and they are rather contained with the predecessor to the latest update. Likewise, there are still some apps that are yet to compatible with the latest version of Android. All in all, some users wish to rollback to the earlier build. If you also echo these thoughts, then this guide is here to help you out. Given here are the steps to downgrade Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro from Android 11 to Android 10. Follow along.
Downgrade Xiaomi Mi 10 or 10 Pro | Android 11 to Android 10
Before we list out the instructions, there are a few prerequisites that you need to go through. Make sure to checkmark all these requirements and only then proceed with the downgrade steps.
- First and foremost, create a complete device backup. This is because the below process will wipe off all the data from your device.
- Along the same lines, you will also have to unlock the bootloader on your device. If you haven’t done so, then refer to our guide: How to Unlock Bootloader on Xiaomi Mi 10 (Pro)
- Next up, enable USB Debugging on your device. For that, go to Settings > About Phone > Tap on MIUI Number 7 times > Go back to Settings > System > Advanced > Developer Options > Enable USB Debugging.
- You should also install the Android SDK Platform Tools on your PC.
- Likewise, install the Mi Flash Tool on your PC. This will be used to flash the downgrade firmware onto your Xiaomi device.
- Finally, download the Android 10 Fastboot ROM for your device from the Mi website.
That’s it, these were all the requirements. You may now proceed with the steps to downgrade Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro from Android 11 to Android 10.
Instructions to Downgrade Mi 10/Pro from Android 11 to Android 10
- To begin with, extract the downloaded Fastboot ROM to a convenient location on your PC.
- Then connect your device to the PC via USB cable. Make sure USB Debugging is enabled.
- Head over to the platform-tools folder, type in CMD in the address bar, and hit Enter. This will launch the Command Prompt.
- Now type in the following command in the CMD window to boot your device to Fastboot Mode
adb reboot bootloader
- After this, launch the Mi Flash Tool on your PC. This tool will be used to downgrade Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro from Android 11 to Android 10.
- Click on the Refresh button on the tool and it should show an ID under the Device section. This indicates that your device has been recognized by the tool.
- Now click on the Select button, browse to the extracted Fastboot ROM, and select it.
- Next up, select the Clean All option situated at the bottom right (this will erase all the data, so make sure you have taken a backup beforehand).
- Finally, click on the Flash button. The installation process will now begin and you could keep a track of the same via the Progress section.
- Once the flashing is complete, the Status section will show Flash done while the Result section will spell out Success.
- That’s it. Your device will now boot to the OS. You may now unplug it from the PC and close the tool as well.
With this, we conclude the guide on how to downgrade Xiaomi Mi 10 and Mi 10 Pro from Android 11 to Android 10. If you have any queries, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Tricks that deserve your attention as well.