Xiaomi is one of the most popular Chinese smartphone OEM who have started their business by developing custom skin called MIUI. MIUI is one of the most widely used and loved by the users and developers as well in terms of the Custom Skinned ROM after OxygenOS. Now, Xiaomi has started rolling a new OTA update of MIUI 10.3.4.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 6A device (V10.3.4.0.OCBMIXM) based on Android 8.1 Oreo. The new update comes with the latest June 2019 Android Security Patch level. It offers some of the system improvements and bug fixes as well. Now, you can download and install the MIUI 10.3.4.0 global stable update on your Redmi 6A (Codename ‘cactus’). The firmware update size is around 1.2GB and it’s recommended to connect to a Wi-Fi connection before the update.
Xiaomi isn’t that consistent or fast enough to provide software updates to its devices. This OTA update is also rolling out via batches and will take some time to roll out all the Redmi 6A models globally. You may have to wait for a few days more to get an official OTA update notification. If in case, you haven’t received the update yet or want to get the update right now without waiting for long, you can do it manually. Here in this article, we will provide you the full guide to download and installation process on your device.
We have mentioned the new update changelog below:
Changelog: MIUI V10.3.4.0.OCBMIXM for Redmi 6A
- Optimization: Updated Android Security Patch to June 2019. Increased system security.
MIUI MIUI 10.3.4.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 6A: Check OTA Manually
You can manually check for the update from the device Settings > About Phone > System update > Check for update. If the update is available for your device, then simply tap on download and install button and it will install the update. However, if you don’t know how to flash manually, then you can follow our full guide mentioned below or wait for the official OTA update notification.
Otherwise, you can also manually flash the MIUI ROM on your Xiaomi device via Recovery or Fastboot method as well. But if you want to manually install the update check out the download link and requirements at first.
- This firmware file will work only on Xiaomi Redmi 6A device. Don’t try it on any other device.
- Keep your device battery charged up to 50% at least to avoid occasional shutdown during the installation process.
- Take a complete backup of your phone internal data before doing anything. If in case, anything goes wrong, you can always restore the data backup easily.
- You will require a PC/Laptop and a USB Cable to connect the Xiaomi device for Fastboot method.
- Next, download and install the Xiaomi Driver for Windows or Mac from below.
Download MIUI MIUI 10.3.4.0 Global Stable ROM for Redmi 6A
- Latest Xiaomi USB Drivers on your Windows/Mac PC – download and install.
- You need to download and install the Xiaomi Mi Flash tool on your PC also. (for Fastboot Method)
- Download MIUI 10.3.4.0.OCBMIXM: Recovery ROM
Check out the full step-by-step guide on how to Install MIUI 10.3.4.0 on Redmi 6A via Recovery or Fastboot method.
You can check out our full-depth tutorial video as well:
We assume that you have successfully installed the MIUI Stock Firmware on your Redmi 6A device. If you’re facing any issues or have any queries, feel free to ask in the comments down below.