In this guide, we will list out the steps to download Twitch VOD Videos. This live video streaming service has proved to be a boon for gamers and their fanbase alike. Allowing the gamers to easily broadcast their gameplay, share the screen with their live audiences, and providing a handy platform for interaction, well one couldn’t have asked for more. But what if you weren’t able to catch up to your preferred gamer’s live stream? Well, in that case, Twitch’s VOD functionality will come in handy.
Using the Video On Demand feature, users could download their favorite streams and view them as and when required. Along the same lines, game-streamers could download their own gameplay as well. While the latter method could directly be carried out right from Twitch itself, the former requires you to take the help of a third-party app. Given here are the instructions to download Twitch VOD videos in both these cases. Follow along.
How to Download Twitch VOD Videos
Twitch saves VODs on its platform up to a specific time frame, after which they delete it from its servers. This duration ranges from 14 to 60 days, depending on the type of account. For regular accounts users, the expiry date is 14 days, for Twitch Partners its 60 days, whereas, for Twitch Affiliates, it ranges between 14 to 60 days. So it is better that you download these Twitch VODs locally during this expiry period itself and then use it as and when required. Here is everything you need to know in this regard.
Download Your Twitch Broadcasts
This process is pretty straightforward and could be carried out directly via Twitch itself. There is just one prerequisite that needs to be taken care of, and that is enabling the Auto-Archive option. This will automatically save all your streams directly to Twitch as VODs.
- So head over to the Twitch website and log in with your credentials.
- Now bring up the drop-down menu from the top right and select Settings.
- Then go to the Channel and Videos section and enable the Store past broadcasts.
- When that is done, you may now easily download your Twitch VOD Videos. So again bring up the drop-down menu and this time select the Video Producer option.
- This will show you all the videos associated with your Twitch account. You may further filter it by clicking on the All Videos option and selecting the Past Broadcast option.
- Once you find the desired video, just click on the overflow icon next to it and select Download.
That’s it. These were the steps to download your own Twitch VOD Videos. Let’s now turn our attention towards downloading VODs from someone else’s Twitch stream.
Download Someone Else Twitch Videos
There is no such direct option inside Twitch to download other user’s videos. However, there does exist a popular third-party app named Twitch Leecher that does this job quite effectively. It provides a handy user interface and also gets regularly updated with new features as well.
- So head over to the official Twitch Leecher page on GitHub and download the latest build.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install it onto your PC.
- Then visit the Twitch website, navigate to the desired channel, and go to the Video tab.
- Right-click on the video of your choice and select Copy Link Address.
- Now launch the Twitch Leecher app and go to its search bar.
- Paste the copied video address in this search bar and hit the Search button.
- This will bring up the associated Twitch video, just click on the Download button situated at the bottom right.
- You could also modify the title of the video, change the download directory, set a custom resolution size, or even crop the video.
- Once that is done, finally, hit the Download button and the video will be saved.
That’s it. These were the steps to download Twitch VOD Videos. We have shared the steps to download your own broadcasts as well as someone else’s videos. If you have any queries concerning the aforementioned steps, do let us know in the comments section below. Rounding off, here are some iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that deserve your attention as well.