Final Fantasy XIV players are getting a couple of server connectivity issues recently and it seems that the FFXIV Error Code 2002 ‘lobby server connection’ is one of them. According to the affected players, whenever they try to get into the game, the particular “The lobby server connection has encountered an error. 2002” message appears on the screen that basically prevents players from playing this MMO title. It’s quite frustrating for the affected players.
Now, if you’re also one of the victims and facing the same issue then make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide. Since the Endwalker expansion has just been released for the FFXIV players, it’s bothering players a lot. Well, this issue isn’t a new one and there are plenty of other server connectivity errors that may occur due to the server downtime or outage in some cases. The internet connection issue or networking device issue may cause such an error too.
Fix: FFXIV Error Code 2002 ‘lobby server connection’
If we take a look at the error message, it clearly says that there is a lobby server connection error while players are trying to get into the game. That means the Final Fantasy XIV 2002 lobby server connection error is happening because plenty of players are trying to access the server at the same time. Due to the popularity of the newly released Endwalker DLC, it seems that existing players are quite interested to play the new addition.
That’s why the game server gets full or becomes unresponsive whenever the overloaded number of active players are trying to get into the match. It’s always a better idea to wait for some time and then try checking for the issue again. If you try launching the game during the off-peak timing then you might be able to connect to the server easily. Whereas Square Enix may have to work on the server level to fix this issue or scale up the server capacity.
In other ways, you can try some of the possible workarounds below to check out whether the problem has been fixed or not. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
1. Power your Wi-Fi Router
You should try performing a power cycle on your Wi-Fi router to refresh the networking glitch or connectivity issues if you’re facing the server error frequently. To do so:
- Switch off the Wi-Fi router and unplug the power cable from the router.
- Now, wait for around a minute or so > Plug back the power cable into the router.
- Then make sure to turn on the Wi-Fi router to check for the networking issue again.
2. Check Internet Connection
Additionally, you should also check out the internet connection status at your end. Sometimes a poor internet connection can cause several connectivity issues with the game server. That includes server connectivity issues, connection timed out, can’t connect to the network, and more. So, make sure to check out the internet connection properly before going to any conclusion.
Meanwhile, if you’re using a Wi-Fi network then try switching it to wired (ethernet) or vice versa to check for the issue. Otherwise, use mobile hotspot data to check if there is an issue with your IP address or DNS address.
3. Use Google DNS Servers
If in case, you’re facing issues with the private DNS server that has been provided by your ISP then make sure to use the Google DNS server address (Public DNS) on your system to check for the server connectivity issue again. To do this:
- Press the Windows + R keys to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type ncpa.cpl and click on OK to open the Network Connections page.
- Now, right-click on your active network adapter > Click on Properties.
- Select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) > Click on Properties.
- Click to select Use the following DNS server addresses.
- Now, enter 126.96.36.199 for the Preferred DNS server and 188.8.131.52 for the Alternate DNS server.
- Once done, click on OK to save changes.
- Make sure to restart your computer to apply changes then check for the FFXIV game Error Code 2002 ‘lobby server connection’.
4. Update Final Fantasy XIV
It’s always recommended to our readers to check for the game patch updates and try installing them as early as possible because the latest patch update can bring multiple fixes or stability improvements whatsoever. Meanwhile, it’ll also improve the server connectivity issue. To check for an update:
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Now, click on Final Fantasy XIV from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update. If there is an update available, make sure to click on Update.
- Wait for the game update to install completely.
- Once done, close the Steam client and reboot your system to change effects immediately.
5. Disable VPN
Do not try using a VPN service because it may cause several issues with the server connectivity depending on the region. So, temporarily turn off the VPN service and then try launching the game or getting into the game server again.
This is how you can easily resolve the FFXIV server connectivity issue at your end. However, none of these methods are applicable for everyone as the server-side issue can only be fixed by the developers. So, it may take some time to fix it, and you’ll have to wait for it. Make sure to keep an eye on the official FFXIV Twitter handle for further info.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For additional queries, you can comment below.