The Sims 4 is the life simulation video game that will let players the power to create and control people, environment, other kinds of stuff, designs, etc. You can experience the own-level of creativity, humor, escape plans, and the way to play the game with family characters freely. But it’s worth mentioning that due to the broken or duplicate mods/CC in the game file, plenty of The Sims 4 PC players are getting issues with the gameplay, game launching, or even game loading. Are you one of them? Check the guide on how to find and remove the broken CC in The Sims 4 game.
Have you ever faced an error code that says “Unable to start. Cannot start because required game data is missing or damaged. Please try reinstalling the game.” If yes, then you’re in the right place and you’re not alone. But don’t worry. We have a couple of tools that will work for you quickly and accurately on your PC in order to scan and find out all the broken or duplicate CC in The Sims 4.
How to Find and Remove Broken CC in The Sims 4
There are two best tools available on the internet that you can download any one of them and use it on your Windows to find and remove the broken CC in the game. This will help you a lot and saves a ton of time without any extra effort. So, without wasting any more time, let’s get into it.
Once you’ve downloaded and installed any one of these tools on your Windows PC, you’re good to go. As the name suggests, whether you use the mod conflict detector or the mod manager, the tool will scan and detect all the CC files on your PC in The Sims 4 game.
For the mod conflict detector:
- You will need to create an account. Though it’s completely free, it’s necessary to have an account on the site first.
- Once the account created, download the tool zip file > extract it and install it.
- Now, head over to the extracted folder, double-click on the ModConflictDetector.exe file.
- Click on the ‘Scan’ button to start scanning the mod files using a normal mode.
- Once the scanning process will be done, this tool will show up whether you’ve any duplicate mod files or mod conflicts available in the game files.
- Now, click on the duplicate or conflict file to select and either you can disable it or move to recycle bin it one by one. The best part is that disabling will not remove the files from the directory and move to the recycle bin option will also don’t delete the files permanently.
- Once done, the tool will ask you to skip or restart the program. Just click on Restart and proceed again.
For the mod manager:
- Download and install the tool on your PC.
- You can enable or disable the mod files or packages in a bunch quite easily.
- Additionally, you can select the specific mod folder or items under a package like colors, eye, men clothes, women clothes, etc.
- Once selected, you can remove all of them in just a click.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this article pretty helpful. For more queries, you can comment below.