AMD Radeon Software is a device utility driver and software program that’s useful for AMD’s graphics cards and APUs (Accelerated Processing Unit). It’s developed for using the Qt, .NET Framework, x86-32, x86-64 platforms that run on Microsoft Windows and Linux OS. In order to run the graphics card in its peak mode with plenty of features, the graphics driver or utility tool is required for synchronization. Here in this guide, we will share with you the steps to fix AMD Error 1603 Driver Partially Installed.
Usually, the AMD Error 1603 issue happens while using the AMD installer to install the AMD Radeon Software package. In this case, you will notice that the driver won’t be installed completely, and immediately the Windows update will give you an error or failed message. So, if you’re also facing the same issue with the driver installed partially or something related to this, then check out the troubleshooting guide below:
How to Fix AMD Error 1603 Driver Partially Installed
Before heading over to the possible workarounds, make sure to reboot your computer properly. Once done, check the Windows OS update as well. If any new version or cumulative package update is available, simply download and install it. Next, you should remove all the temporary files from your system. In order to do this, press Windows + R key > Type %temp% and hit enter > Select all the temporary files and press the Shift + Delete key to permanently remove files.
Please Note: Some of the temporary files won’t be deleted. So, skip those files and reboot your PC again. Once done, try to install the AMD driver software on your computer and check whether the issue is fixed or not.
If the above methods won’t work for you, then follow the below steps:
1. Run SFC scan
An SFC (System File Checking) scan search for any corrupted system files in your computer and tries to repair all of those bad files.
- Launch the Start menu > Type cmd and it will give you a search result of Command Prompt.
- Now, right-click on the Command Prompt icon > Click on Run as Administrator.
- Allow the User Access Control permission by selecting Yes.
- In the command prompt, type the following command and hit enter:
- Next, type the following command and press enter:
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
- The system file checking process will start and it will repair all the corrupted system files on your computer (if any).
- Once done, restart your computer and try to install the AMD drivers again.
If the AMD error 1603 issue persists, then follow the next one.
2. Reinstall the Visual C++ Redistributable Files
This error 1603 can also occur if the installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable files are corrupted or broken. In order to fix this issue, you will need to reinstall all the Visual C++ files.
- Open the Start menu > Search Control Panel and click on it.
- Go to the Programs > Head over to the Programs and Features.
- Here you will find all the installed Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable x64/x86 files.
- You will need to uninstall all versions of the Microsoft Visual C++ and reinstall it from here.
If this method doesn’t fix the issue, then check the next method.
3. Delete AMD Installation Folder
- Press the Windows + E key to open Windows Explorer or File Manager.
- Go to This PC > Click on Local Disk (C:) or any other drive where Windows has been installed.
- Select the AMD installation folder > Press Shift + Delete key to permanently remove the folder. If prompted, give user access control permission.
- Try reinstalling the AMD drivers again by following the next step.
4. Perform Clean Installation of AMD Drivers
- First of all, you will need to install the AMD Cleanup Utility tool here.
- Now, run the utility tool on your PC.
- You will need to select Safe Mode to reboot your system to work the utility tool.
- Once your computer booted into the Safe Mode, the AMD Cleanup Utility tool will give you a warning message. Click on OK to continue.
- The cleanup process will start and once done, you will get a success message.
- Click on View Report to see which files or services were uninstalled.
- Click on Finish and restart your PC.
Now, you will need to head over to the AMD Driver download page. Here either you can choose your specific graphics card model or you can use the AMD Driver auto-detect tool as well. Once downloaded, just install the graphics driver. If you’ve installed the auto-detect tool, then follow the on-screen instructions and the tool will automatically detect compatible graphics driver for your system. Next, choose the graphics driver version (latest) and choose Express installation. Once done, reboot the PC.
5. Disable Antivirus Program
The powerful fully-integrated antivirus programs can also cause problems to run any application or game or even installing any file. Most of the Windows 10 users run the default Windows Security program. So, if you’re also one of them, you can follow the below steps:
- Go to the Start menu > Click on Settings > Select Update & Security.
- Select Windows Security > Choose Virus & threat protection.
- Click on Manage settings.
- Turn off the Real-time protection.
But if you’re any third-party antivirus program like Quick Heal, Avast, AVG, Bitdefender, etc, then open the respective software and turn off the real-time protection or scanning along with web filter, etc. Once done, restart your computer and check to install the AMD graphics driver again.
6. Update Windows Version
- Click on Start menu > Select Settings > Update & Security.
- Here you will get all the Windows Update related details.
- Click on Check for updates.
- If any software update or cumulative package update is available, then download and install it.
- Additionally, you can download and install the Feature update to Windows 10 version.
- Once done, reboot your computer and wait for the updating process to complete. Don’t shut down your computer.
- That’s it. Now, try to install the AMD graphics driver again and check whether the AMD Error 1603 issue still occurring or not.
We hope you’ve found this troubleshooting guide pretty helpful. If you’ve any queries, then let us know in the comment below.