Genshin Impact is one of the newly launched free-to-play action role-playing game that has been developed and published by miHoYo. The vast magical open-world adventure, character switching, and other features made this game so much popular within a few months. It’s available for PS4, Android, iOS, Nintendo Switch, Microsoft Windows platforms. However, recently some of the unfortunate Genshin Impact players are reporting that it keeps crashing on the iPhone or iPad. If you’re also experiencing the same then you can check out this troubleshooting guide to quickly resolve it.
Meanwhile, some of the iOS or iPadOS users are also expecting that there might be a firmware issue on their devices after updating to the iOS 14.2 or iPadOS 14.2 most probably. However, affected users can try to fix these issues by themselves which is a better sign without waiting long for game patch updates or firmware updates. So, let’s jump into the possible workarounds below that should fix it completely.
Fix: Genshin Impact That Keeps Crashing on iPhone or iPad
There are a couple of ways to easily fix the random crashing issue of Genshin’s Impact on your iPhone or iPad. In most cases, a force restart of the device can resolve the temporary glitch or cache issue of the system. Otherwise, reinstalling the game, or even performing a factory reset on the device can also fix the problem. So, let’s take a quick look below.
1. Force Restart your iPhone or iPad
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up button on your iPhone or iPad.
- Then quickly press and release the Volume Down button.
- Next, quickly press and hold the Power button for a few seconds until the power menu pops up on the screen.
- Drag the slider to turn off your device.
- Once the handset switched off completely, wait for at least 5-10 seconds and then long-press the Power button to turn it on.
- Now, the Apple logo will appear on the screen > Release the power button and wait for the device to boot.
Finally, you can try launching the Genshin Impact game on your iPhone or iPad and it shouldn’t crash further. However, if the game keeps crashing again, follow the next method.
2. Simply Reinstall the game
- So, tap and hold the Genshin Impact icon on the home screen of your iPhone or iPad.
- Now, tap on Remove App > A pop-up will appear > Select Delete App.
- Then the system will ask you to confirm. Just tap on Delete again to uninstall the game.
- Once done, simply restart your device and then go to the App Store on your handset.
- Tap on the search icon > Type Genshin Impact and search for it.
- Next, tap on the GET option or the download icon to start installing the game.
- Once installed, try launching the game.
3. Perform a Factory Reset
Well, though it’s not highly recommended for all, we’ll ask you to go for a factory reset on your device which will ensure the clearing system bugs, glitch, any stability issues, or even cache issues completely. However, make sure to take a full data backup first as the factory reset will wipe out all the personal data (internal storage data) completely. That means you’ll also need to sign in to your Apple ID after a factory reset.
- Go to the Settings app > Tap on General.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the screen and select Reset.
- Tap on Erase All Contents and Settings.
- Tap on Erase Now > If prompted, input your device lock passcode.
- Now, you’ll need to tap on Erase iPhone or iPad again to confirm.
- Enter your Apple ID password > Tap on Erase > Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, your iPhone or iPad will restart automatically.
- Finally, go through the initial setup process and set it up as a new device > Log in to your existing Apple ID.
- Then go to the App Store application again and search for the Genshin Impact.
- Install the game and start playing it.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you fix Genshin Impact keeps crashing issue on your iPhone or iPad. For additional queries, let us know in the comment section below.