The IMEI number is a unique identification or a serial number for all mobiles that comes out-of-the-box. It’s 15-17 digits serial number that identifies GSM phones due to SIM swapping. Therefore, an IMEI can track a phone’s hardware around the world. Keep in mind that all the IMEI numbers are very unique for each and every mobile device. But if in case, your device has null or invalid IMEI, you should fix it. Here we have shared the guide on how to repair and fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7.
If your device doesn’t have the IMEI (International Mobile Equipment Identity) number, the carrier network won’t work on your device as well. The same thing happens with each dual SIM or higher SIM slot devices also. Each and every SIM slot are registered with a unique IMEI number and can be checked by typing *#06# on the dial pad of your phone and it will automatically show up the number.
Redmi Note 7: Device Overview
Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 was announced in January 2019 which sports a 6.3-inch IPS LCD display with a screen resolution of 2340 x 1080 pixels with 409 PPI pixel density. The device is protected by Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
The device is powered by a Qualcomm Snapdragon 660 MSM8976 Plus chipset coupled with 3/4/6GB of RAM and 32/64/128GB of internal storage. It also supports a 256GB external memory card. The device came out of the box with Android 9.0 Pie under MIUI 10 and backed by a 4000 mAh battery (Non-removable).
As far as the camera concerned, the device has a Dual-camera setup with 48MP + 12MP primary sensors and a selfie camera with a 13MP lens. Other connectivity option includes 4G-VoLTE, GPS, Glonass, Bluetooth, Mobile Hotspot, accelerometer, ambient light sensor, gyroscope, proximity sensor, and compass/ magnetometer. etc. The Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 comes with a rear fingerprint sensor feature.
Steps to Repair and Fix IMEI number on Xiaomi Redmi Note 7
Some times due to software issues or after flashing any custom firmware, your device may get corrupted or bricked. Similarly, the device IMEI number can also become invalid or removed which is quite unfortunate. Here we will share the QCN Rebuilder tool guide to restore IMEI number on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 device. QCN Rebuilder is a free tool to restore IMEI on any Xiaomi or Redmi devices.
Now, let’s check out the download links and requirements below.
- This guide and QCN file are for the Xiaomi Redmi Note 7 model only.
- Your device should be charged up to 50% at least.
- A PC/Laptop and a USB cable are required.
- Keep a full backup of the device data before doing anything.
- Enable USB Debugging. Check the video guide.
- Download all the files and tools from above.
IMEI Rebuilding and Restore Guide
- After downloading, install and run the QCN Rebuilder tool on your PC.
- Click on Open file and select the Redmi Note 7 QCN file.
- Now, replace the IMEI with the original IMEI number.
- Click on Rebuild.
- Next, connect your phone to a PC using a USB cable.
- Open dial pad on your device and type this code *#*#717717#*#* to enable diagnostic mode.
- If the above code doesn’t work, use CMD on your PC by following the commands below.
adb shell su setprop sys.usb.config rndis,diag,adb
- Then run the QPST tool on your computer.
- Click on the Restore tab > select the rebuilt QCN file > click on Restore.
- You’re done.
That’s it, guys. We hope you’ve found this guide useful for your Redmi Note 7. If you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.