If your iPhone is continuously getting an error of “iMessage Not Delivered”, then it’s a significant matter of concern. Because iMessage is one among the frequently used platforms to attach one another for iPhone users, that’s why it becomes really vital to troubleshoot this issue at the earliest in order that iMessage services won’t get interrupted. Here, in this article, we have discussed the simplest and straightforward methods to Fix iMessage Not Delivered Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
iMessage doesn’t deliver simply indicates that a person’s message has not been sent. This message is for the sake of the knowledge of a private that your information or whatever remains in your own pocket. Basically what happens when an individual sends iMessage and confirmation message of “delivered” isn’t appeared this suggests that message isn’t delivered? There are tons of reasons behind it, thanks to which is that the message isn’t delivered.
As one of the foremost common sorts of communication, you expect that iMessage will always work. So, when the newest iMessage you send doesn’t say “Delivered”, it is often an enormous problem. Yet, this error occurs tons and it can affect one message to a selected person or all iMessage that you simply attempt to send. it’s also quite common for the message to mention “Delivered” but actually the recipient has not received it.
One of the common reasons may be a network connection before anything make sure is Wi-Fi is functioning properly or not. Either you disturb your apple setting, message option becomes interrupted, or most vital either the one that goes to receive the message has not the web connection. Another interesting thing is that either a private forget that he or she blocked someone and sending a message, during this case, a message won’t be delivered also, either a message is delivered or not this notification will appear beneath your message.
Table of Contents
- 1 Steps to Fix iMessage Not Delivered Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- 1.1 1. Disable iMessage and Re-Enable
- 1.2 2. Refresh your Internet Connection
- 1.3 3. Send as Text Message Instead of iMessage
- 1.4 4. Force Restart Your iPhone
- 1.5 5. Use Airplane Mode
- 1.6 6. Forget Wi-Fi Network to fix iMessage not delivered error on iPhone 11
- 1.7 7. Reset Network Settings
- 1.8 8. Check Date & Time, Storage on your iPhone
- 1.9 9. Sign Out Apple ID and Log In Again
- 1.10 10. Perform Factory Reset to fix iMessage not delivered error on iPhone 11
- 2 Conclusion
Steps to Fix iMessage Not Delivered Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
1. Disable iMessage and Re-Enable
- Go to the iPhone Settings.
- Tap on Messages > tap on the toggle to turn iMessage off.
- Now, reboot your handset.
- Go back to the Settings again > Messages > turn on the iMessage toggle.
- Finally, you should restart your iPhone again to clear the junk files.
2. Refresh your Internet Connection
- Head over to the iPhone Settings > select Mobile Data > turn off the toggle.
- Wait for around 10-15 seconds and then turn it on.
- Now, check the cellular data issue is fixed or not.
Similarly, if you use a Wi-Fi network, then go to the Settings > select Wi-Fi > turn it off. Wait for a few seconds and turn it on.
3. Send as Text Message Instead of iMessage
If the person you are trying to send the iMessage to doesn’t have an iOS device, you will not be able to send them an iMessage. In this case, the message will be marked as “Sent as Text message” instead of “Delivered.”
You should also know that you can switch to SMS instead of iMessage if you don’t have a stable enough connection to send the messages. Go to Settings > Messages > Send an SMS to switch from iMessage to Text message. Your iPhone will send iMessages to iOS devices by default, but you do have the option to change this in the settings. And an easier way to send the “Not Delivered” message as an SMS is to tap on the exclamation point and choose that option.
4. Force Restart Your iPhone
Another great way to fix this error is to force restart your iPhone, especially when you are certain the problem is not the Internet connection. A force restart removes minor bugs that interfere with the system causing problems like iMessage not showing delivered. Press and quickly release the Volume Up button and do the same with the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Power button until the Apple Logo appears on the screen.
5. Use Airplane Mode
- Go to the device Settings > turn on the Airplane Mode toggle.
- You need to wait for a few seconds and turn off the Airplane mode.
6. Forget Wi-Fi Network to fix iMessage not delivered error on iPhone 11
- Go to the iPhone Settings.
- Tap on Wi-Fi and turn it on.
- Scroll down to the list of available Wi-Fi networks and choose yours.
- Tap on the “i” icon beside the connected Wi-Fi name.
- Next, tap on Forget this Network.
- If prompted, enter the passcode and re-join to the network.
7. Reset Network Settings
- Go to Settings > General > Reset.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode and confirm it.
- Restart your iPhone.
8. Check Date & Time, Storage on your iPhone
- Go to the Settings > Tap on General > Select Date & Time.
- Choose your preferred timezone and select Set Automatically.
- If you see that after setting automatic date & time, the timezone has been changed, then turn off the Set Automatically option.
Then go back to the Settings > tap on iPhone Storage > Delete which app you want to remove.
9. Sign Out Apple ID and Log In Again
- Go to the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Select Messages > select Send & Receive.
- Tap on Apple ID > Sign it out.
- Wait for a few seconds and then sign in back.
- Next, go to the iMessage app and try to check whether the issue is fixed or not.
10. Perform Factory Reset to fix iMessage not delivered error on iPhone 11
- Open the Settings menu from the home screen.
- Tap on General > Scroll down and select Reset.
- Tap on Erase all contents and settings.
- If prompted, enter your device passcode.
- Tap on Reset all content and settings to confirm.
- Once done, your device will restart.
That was it, this was the easiest way to Fix iMessage Not Delivered Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- How to Fix iBooks or Apple Books not Working on Apple iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Fix Frozen Screen Problem on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Activate Emergency SOS on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- Common Calling and Texting Problems on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Fix Sound Issues on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- Won’t Connect to App Store – How to Fix on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- All Types of Display Problem on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus