It’s annoying to ascertain the “Won’t Connect to App Store” error on your iPhone because you won’t be able to download or update apps on your device. Don’t panic, this is often a known issue and there’s a variety of solutions to repair it. Here, in this article, we have discussed the simplest and straightforward methods to Fix Won’t Connect to App Store Error on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
Your iPhone says it “Won’t Connect to App Store” because it’s not connected to a Wi-Fi or cellular data network, a software problem is preventing the App Store from loading, or the App Store servers are down.
To diagnose the real reason your iPhone is having this problem, we have to make sure that:
- You’re connected to Wi-Fi or a cellular data network.
- The App Store servers are up and running.
- Your settings allow you to connect to the App Store and install updates, or purchase apps.
If one or more of those aren’t working, it might be the rationale why your iPhone “Won’t Connect to App Store”. The steps below will address each of the three points above and assist you to troubleshoot potential software or hardware problems.
- Before Jumping Into Fixes
- Fix, Won’t Connect to App Store Error on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- 1. Force Restart your iPhone
- 2. Turn Off and On the Internet
- 3. Turn On/Off Airplane Mode
- 4. Forget Wi-Fi Network to fix issues – Won’t connect to App Store on iPhone 11
- 5. Check iPhone Screen Time Management
- 6. Reset All Settings on iPhone
- 7. Log Out and Log In App Store Account to fix issues – Won’t connect to App Store on iPhone 11
- 8. Connect to iTunes and Restore your iPhone
Before Jumping Into Fixes
From time to time Apple suffers from a server outage. It might be that the App Store is down and no-one can access it. The App Store – along with side Apple Music, Apple Radio, and therefore the Mac App Store – went down on Tuesday 4 July 2020, for instance. Apple noted the outage at 1.06 pm and said it had been performing on fixing the matter.
The quickest way of checking out is to see Apple’s System Status page, which lists problems with all of the company’s online services; the App Store is first on the list. Note that if the matter occurred very recently it’s going to not are noticed yet: the site’s update frequency is within the order of minutes, not seconds.
If that comes up blank, an inquiry for relevant terms on Twitter can often be an honest way of checking out if people are sharing your pain. (If you click thereon link you’ll automatically search Twitter and therefore the results should indicate if others are having problems.)
If the shop is down, this is often both bad news and excellent news. There’s not much you’ll do to unravel the matter, but on the opposite hand, you’ll just sit back and await Apple to unravel it, which should happen quickly.
Fix, Won’t Connect to App Store Error on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
1. Force Restart your iPhone
- Quickly press and release the Volume Up and release.
- Quickly press and release the Volume Down button and release.
- Then long-press the Power/Side key until the Apple logo appears.
- Next, release the key and your handset will reboot automatically.
2. Turn Off and On the Internet
Whether you’re using Wi-Fi or mobile data, you will need to disconnect the Wi-Fi or mobile data and wait for a couple of seconds.
- Go to the Settings on your iPhone.
- Tap on Mobile Data or Wi-Fi and turn off the toggle.
- Wait for a few seconds and turn it on again.
Some times, this trick will refresh the internet connectivity and your device works like before if there was any glitch or cache issue.
3. Turn On/Off Airplane Mode
Now, if the above method doesn’t work for you, you can always try to turn on & off the Airplane mode on your iPhone.
- Head over to the Settings menu > Tap on Airplane Mode toggle to turn it on.
- Instantly, the Airplane icon will appear on the status bar of your iPhone.
- Wait for a while and then turn it off again to refresh the internet and cellular connectivity.
Now, try once the App Store to install any app and check whether the issue is still present or not.
4. Forget Wi-Fi Network to fix issues – Won’t connect to App Store on iPhone 11
- Open the Settings > tap on the Wi-Fi menu.
- Now, the list of available Wi-Fi networks will appear.
- Tap on the “i” icon beside the connected Wi-Fi network name.
- Next, tap on the Forget this Network option.
- Tap on Forget Network again to confirm, if required.
- Once done, reboot your handset.
- Finally, re-enable the Wi-Fi network by entering the password.
5. Check iPhone Screen Time Management
- Go to the Settings menu.
- Tap on Screen Time > select Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- If prompted, enter your passcode.
- Tap on iTunes & App Store Purchases.
- Next, select on In-app Purchases and select Allow.
Now, if you can see that the App Store is already restricted with some access or timing limitation, simply remove it. Then you can try again to install any app via the App Store.
6. Reset All Settings on iPhone
- Head over to the Settings > Tap on General > Tap on Reset.
- Tap on Reset all settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode.
- Next, select Reset all settings again to continue.
- Reboot your iPhone.
7. Log Out and Log In App Store Account to fix issues – Won’t connect to App Store on iPhone 11
- Head over to the iPhone Settings > iTunes & App Store.
- Tap on the Profile icon on the upper-right corner of the screen.
- Scroll down to the bottom and tap on Sign Out.
- Reboot your device and Sign In back by going to the App Store > Profile icon again.
8. Connect to iTunes and Restore your iPhone
You will require a PC/Laptop, a lightning cable, and iTunes or Finder software. Now, follow the below steps.
- Connect the iPhone to the PC using the lightning cable.
- Launch iTunes software and wait for the system to detect your connected device.
- An iPhone icon on the upper-left side of iTunes will appear.
- Now, click on the iPhone icon and click on the Restore button.
- Sign out from the Find My iPhone.
- Click on Restore.
- Click on the Restore button again to confirm.
- It’ll completely erase your device data and restore iOS again.
- Finally, your device will boot into the system.
That was it, this was the easiest way to Fix Won’t Connect to App Store Error on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- All Types of Display Problem on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Fix Cellular Data Issue on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Force Restart the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Fix ‘A device attached to the system is not functioning’ Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Fix OTA Software Update Failed Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Change Wallpaper on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus