It’s so frustrating to seek out no sound on your iPhone, sometimes you don’t even know what you’ve got done to cause the sound problem. Whether you’re getting issues like iPhone will ring but speaker won’t work, or no sound for calls and app, you are trying the fixes during this post to unravel the no sound issue. Here, in this article, we have discussed the simplest and straightforward methods to Fix Sound Issues on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
The reason why it seems to be a touch complex thing is that the matter might be thanks to both the hardware damage and random software glitch. Speaking of the solutions, you’ll need to try several tricks to repair the no sound issue on the iOS device.
Many iPhone 8, and eight Plus users complain about having no sound on iPhone during calls. Either you or the opposite person at the top of the road is unable to listen to. There is often any reason for the iPhone sound not working issue. Sometimes it’s the faulty hardware or a bug within the iOS. It is often also thanks to any third-party app that you simply installed on your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus.
The methods demonstrated in this post are not only used to solve no sound problem on the iPhone 8 Series but also applicable in dealing with other audio problems with the same device as follow:
- No sound at all
- No ringer
- Can’t hear another party while on the phone call
- Another party can’t hear while on call
- Voice is too low while on the call
- Noisy background while on call or playing music
- No sound on videos, games, key tones, etc.
- Distorted sound while on a phone call
- No sound on headsets
Possible Reasons Behind This Issue
There are many factors that can inflict problems on your iPhone’s audio function. Among the most commonly known would include:
- Silent mode enabled
- Temporary glitch on the iPhone software
- Bluetooth is enabled
- Speaker/headphone jack is blocked
- Firmware update bug
- Damage to iPhone audio port or components
Methods to Fix Sound Issues on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
Mostly, the software update issue or any buggy iOS update can really impact the audio experience on your iPhone. So, it’s better to check the possible issue as quickly as possible. As we already mentioned above that check the volume level at first and both the microphone & speakers are working fine.
1. Turn on/off the Silent Mode
- Just toggle the ringer switch off and turn it on again. Means turn on the silent mode and turn it off.
It most probably solves the sound issue on iPhones. However, if the issue persists, then you can also check the sound settings.
2. Check Sound Settings
- Open the iPhone Settings menu > Select Sounds & Haptics.
- Scroll to the Ringer and Alerts section.
- Here you can enable Vibrate on Ring and Vibrate on Silent.
- Then set the Ringer and Alerts (Volume Slider) to the maximum level by dragging the bar.
- If in case, the ringer or volume changes with the accidental press or touch on your iPhone, you can turn off the Change with Buttons option.
- Meanwhile, you can choose the sound patterns for calling, notifications, alarm, etc with different tones which you feel louder or suitable for you.
3. Reboot your iPhone
- Quickly press and hold the Volume Up and release.
- Quickly press and hold the Volume Down button and release.
- Then long-press the Power/Side key until the Apple logo appears.
- Next, release the key and your handset will reboot automatically.
4. Remove Bluetooth Enabled Device
If you’re using any Bluetooth-enabled device like wireless headphones or earphones or speakers, then simply disconnect that Bluetooth device by turning off or unpairing. Then reboot your iPhone and check once whether the sound issue has fixed or not.
- Go to the iPhone Settings.
- Tap on Bluetooth.
- Just tap on the toggle to turn it off.
5. Turn Off Do Not Disturb (DND)
- Tap on the iPhone Settings.
- Tap on Do Not Disturb.
- Next, turn off the Do Not Disturb toggle.
Additionally, you can turn off another feature that can be useful for most users. However, some of the users may not feel this feature useful while busy with their work or in a noisy area.
- From the iPhone’s home screen, tap on Settings.
- Select Face ID & Passcode > Tap on Attention-Aware Features.
6. Check for latest iOS updates
- Head over to the Settings > General > Software Update.
Some times, the device or its system may cause issues due to the software-related issues and it’s better to check for the latest iOS updates manually. As the latest software update always offers system stability and bug fixes.
7. Erase All on iPhone
- Go to the iPhone Settings > Tap on General > Tap on Reset.
- Tap on Erase all content and settings.
- If prompted, enter the passcode.
- Next, confirm the task by tapping to erase the internal data and settings on your iPhone.
That was it, this was the easiest way to Fix Sound Issues on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- Won’t Connect to App Store – How to Fix on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- All Types of Display Problem on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Fix Cellular Data Issue on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Force Restart the iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Fix ‘A device attached to the system is not functioning’ Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- How to Fix OTA Software Update Failed Error on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus