This issue has been complained by tons of users, especially those that use an iPhone 8 or 8 Plus. Several users have reported that they run into their iBooks Store, not working. Readers can see their own books on the iPhone 8 or 8 Plus, but clicking on Featured/ Top Charts just shows a blank screen. Here, in this article, we have discussed the simplest and straightforward methods to Fix iBooks or Apple Books not Working on Apple iPhone 8 and 8 Plus.
One thing Apple users love is reading with their devices via the Apple Books or iBooks App! With Apple, there’s no got to spend extra cash on buying a separate e-reader. Instead, Apple offers the Books (formerly the iBooks) app, and it’s already included on your iDevice or Mac. From the app, users can access the iBookstore, which features many books. Just flick through the bookshelves to seek out one that piques interest. Then, purchase and download the book using the Apple ID account. With the convenience of iCloud, books are often accessed from all other devices a user owns, without even losing the page.
This problem happens from time to time, especially when there’s an iOS or app update. Some purchased books are downloaded successfully but you’re unable to read it. There also are complaints saying the local files aren’t readable. To take advantage of the advanced Apple Book features, you’ll use the Books app on your iPhone with the newest iOS version. All you’ve got to try to do is launch the Books app, navigate through the tabs at rock bottom of the app, and begin downloading books to read, hear audiobooks, or organize your library. A stable Internet connection is likewise needed for these actions to be administered . just in case you’ll encounter some troubles using Apple Books or iBooks on your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus, you’ll ask the outlined solutions below.
- Fix iBooks or Apple Books not Working on Apple iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- 1. Refresh Internet Connection
- 2. Check Pending Books App Update
- 3. Reset Network Settings on your iPhone
- 4. Force Close Books App and Retry to fix Apple Books not working on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- 5. Check App Restrictions
- 6. Log Out & Log In back to the Apple/iCloud Account
- 7. Offload Books App and Revert Again to fix Apple Books not working on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- 8. Check for the latest Software Update (iOS)
Fix iBooks or Apple Books not Working on Apple iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
Now, if in case, the Books app isn’t working properly on your iPhone 8 or 8 Plus handset, then you should follow some of the possible solutions below in order to fix it.
1. Refresh Internet Connection
- Go to the device Settings > turn on the Airplane Mode toggle.
- After waiting for around 10-15 seconds, tap on the Airplane Mode toggle again to turn it off.
- Now, enable the Wi-Fi network or mobile data.
Once done, you should check the Books app whether it’s working fine or not. If not, then follow the next step.
2. Check Pending Books App Update
- Go to the App Store > tap on the User Profile icon on the upper-right corner.
- Now, if the Books app update is available, then you will see the Update option next to the Books app under the Available Updates section.
- Just tap on the Update button and wait for the progress bar to complete.
- That’s it. Now, open the Books app and check it.
3. Reset Network Settings on your iPhone
- Launch the Settings menu on your iPhone > Select General > Select Reset.
- Tap on Reset Network Settings.
- If required, you will need to enter the passcode and proceed to confirm it.
- Once done, simply restart your iPhone.
4. Force Close Books App and Retry to fix Apple Books not working on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- First of all, swipe up from the bottom of the screen and pause to open the app preview cards.
- Now, from the app switcher, navigate to the Books app preview.
- Swipe up the Books app preview card to close it forcefully.
- Next, reboot your handset and retry using the Books app.
5. Check App Restrictions
- Head over to the Settings menu on your iPhone.
- Tap on Screen Time > go to the Content & Privacy Restrictions.
- If required, enter the Screen Time password to continue.
- Turn off the Content & Privacy Restrictions option for the Apple Books app.
- Now, open the Books app and check again for the issue.
6. Log Out & Log In back to the Apple/iCloud Account
- Go to the iPhone Settings > tap on user details at the top > tap on Sign Out.
- If prompted, enter the Apple ID password and tap on Turn Off.
- Next, tap on Sign Out once again to confirm.
- After signing out, reboot your iPhone.
- Then sign in to your iCloud account again.
Alternatively, you can also set up a new iCloud account if you want from the device Settings > iCloud option. But make sure to remove the existing iCloud account at first from your device.
7. Offload Books App and Revert Again to fix Apple Books not working on iPhone 8 or 8 Plus
- From the iPhone’s home screen, tap on the Settings menu.
- Tap on General > select iPhone Storage.
- Scroll down and select Books from the list.
- Tap on the Offload App to free up the storage and clear the app cache as well.
- Once done, reboot your handset.
- Then follow the same steps to Onload the Books app again.
- Additionally, you can fully delete the Books app and then reinstall it.
8. Check for the latest Software Update (iOS)
If nothing works for your device, then you can also check for the software update on your iPhone via the Settings > General > Software Update.
It will automatically check for the latest iOS updates. If available, make sure to download and install the latest update by using the Wi-Fi connection. Once done, try checking the Books app again.
That was it, this was the easiest way to Fix iBooks or Apple Books not Working on Apple iPhone 8 and 8 Plus. Are you facing any problems and issues with your iPhone 8 Series? Then there is nothing to worry about, we have an article dedicated to iPhone 8’s issues and guides. Here is the iPhone 8 Troubleshooting Guide. Although it’s rare, some cases of the issues on Apple devices may have bad hardware as the origin. If a factory reset won’t help in fixing your issue, visit your local Apple Store or Service Center so a qualified technician can examine the hardware. If needed, they may send it in for repair or replacement.
Do you own an iPhone 8, or any Apple device and need these types of simple tutorials? Then stay tunned to GetDroidTips’ iPhone Tips & Tricks column because many simple tutorials for Poco are coming soon.
If you have any queries regarding this, the comment section always available for you.
- How to Fix Frozen Screen Problem on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Activate Emergency SOS on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- Common Calling and Texting Problems on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- How to Fix Sound Issues on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- Won’t Connect to App Store – How to Fix on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus
- All Types of Display Problem on iPhone 8 and 8 Plus