Left 4 Dead 2 is one of the horror-genre survival video games, that’s developed and published by Valve Corporation back in November 2009 and then the game has been released for several platforms in several years. Now, it’s one of the popular horror survival video games in the market and especially for Microsoft Windows users. However, just like other Windows games, this game also has some issues and the ‘Client timed out’ problem is one of them. Here we’ve provided a couple of solutions to Fix Left 4 Dead 2 Client timed out error.
According to plenty of reports on Reddit, Windows players can’t even play to any server of this game. Most interestingly, some players have faced this issue only for one time and some of them are constantly receiving this same error whenever trying to join the game. It says “Client timed out” error every time. Luckily, there are a couple of troubleshooting steps available below that you can follow to fix it.
Fix Left 4 Dead 2 Client timed out error
Now, without further ado, let’s jump into the steps below.
1. Verify Game Files
- Launch Steam client > Go to Library.
- Right-click on the Left 4 Dead 2 game.
- Select Properties > Click on Local Files.
- Choose Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, restart your PC and run the game.
2. Install Steam Service
According to plenty of forums and affected players, this method works most of them. Therefore, you can also try this method once.
- Launch Steam client > Go to Settings.
- Click on Downloads > Change the Download Region.
- Restart Steam client.
- Next, go to the Download section again and change the region back to its previous status.
- Restart the Steam again.
- Again go to the Download section > Click on ‘Clear Download Cache’.
- This may show you a ‘Steam Service Error’ message like “The Steam service component is not working properly on this computer. Reinstalling the Steam service requires administrator privileges.”
- Next, you will need to click on the ‘Install Service’ and wait for the process to complete. It may take a while or may not work for the first. So, you can force close Steam and retry it.
- Finally, launch the Left 4 Dead 2 and you will be able to play the game.
3. Reinstall Left 4 Dead 2
- Head over to the Steam client and go to Library.
- Then right-click on the Left 4 Dead 2 game.
- Click on Manage and select Uninstall.
- Once done, restart your Steam client.
- Search for the Left 4 Dead 2 game and install it again.
That’s it, guys. We assume that you’ve found this guide pretty useful and fixed the issue of your Left 4 Dead 2 game completely. You can comment below for further queries.