Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 is by far one of the best-in-class COD titles as per gamers and COD fans that not only includes new gaming modes but also improves the visual elements, overall gameplay experience, weapons, maps, and more. However, more new things mostly bring more new problems that we can’t deny. Now, if you’re a Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 player and somehow started encountering the MW2 Clark Monterey Error Code then don’t worry.
Well, if you’re not alone here because plenty of MW2 players recently got into this trouble whenever they try to connect with their friends in the multiplayer mode. We can understand that this particular Monterey error might be frustrating for you if it appears so often. But this error mostly appears due to several possible reasons that we have mentioned below in brief along with the potential workarounds so that you can try resolving it without waiting for the patch update.
- What Causes the MW2 Clark Monterey Error?
- Fix: MW2 Clark Monterey Error Code
What Causes the MW2 Clark Monterey Error?
The particular COD MW2 Clark Monterey error code is troubling you for some time because it prevents players from getting into their friends’ list. Although playing Modern Warfare 2 in the solo mode is fun enough, there is nothing enjoyable to play FPS titles in the multiplayer mode with friends. So, the chances are high that an outdated game version, corrupted or missing game files, internet connection issues, game server outages, conflicts with the antivirus or firewall protection, etc might trigger Monterey error.
Fix: MW2 Clark Monterey Error Code
Luckily, there are a couple of possible workarounds for you that should come in handy. Make sure to follow all the methods one by one until the problem gets fixed. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Reboot the COD MW2 Game
Before doing anything else, you should try rebooting the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 game to refresh the temporary glitch or cache data issues.
2. Update COD MW2
The second thing you should do is simply update the COD MW2 game by following the steps below to avoid an outdated game version. An outdated game patch version might trouble you a lot when it comes to game launching or server connectivity issues. It’s always a better idea to update the game manually.
- Open the Steam client > Go to Library.
- Click on Call of Duty: MWII from the left pane.
- It’ll automatically search for the available update.
- If there is an update available, click on Update.
- Wait some time to install the update.
- Once done, close the Steam client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes and launch the game again.
- Open the Battle.net client > Go to All Games.
- Click on Installed > Click on COD: MWII.
- Now, click on the Settings icon.
- Select Check for updates > If there is any update, click on Update.
- Once done, make sure to close the Battle.net client.
- Finally, reboot your PC to apply changes, and then try launching the game again.
3. Repair the Game Files
Corrupted or missing game files on the PC can eventually trigger multiple issues with the game launching or performance whatsoever. It’s better to verify and repair the installed game files on the PC depending on which client you’re using to play the game. You can follow the steps below to repair the game files easily.
- Launch the Steam client > Click on Library.
- Right-click on Call of Duty: MWII from the list of installed games.
- Now, click on Properties > Go to Local Files.
- Click on Verify Integrity of Game Files.
- You’ll have to wait for the process until it gets completed.
- Once done, just restart your computer.
- Open the Battle.net client on your PC.
- Head over to the Library > Click on COD: MWII.
- Click on Options > Select Scan and Repair.
- Choose to Start Scan > Wait for the process to complete.
- Once done, close everything, and reboot the PC.
4. Disable the Antivirus and Firewall Protection
The chances are high enough that maybe your default Windows Defender Firewall protection or any third-party antivirus program is preventing the ongoing connections or game files to run properly. So, make sure to temporarily disable or turn off the real-time protection and firewall protection. Then you should try running the game to check if the specific error appears or not. To do this:
- Click on the Start Menu > Type firewall.
- Select Windows Defender Firewall from the search result.
- Now, click on Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off from the left pane.
- Select the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall (not recommended) option for both the Private & Public Network Settings.
- Once selected, click on OK to save changes.
- Finally, restart your computer.
Now, you’ll need to turn off the Windows Security protection by following the steps below:
- Press the Win+I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Update & Security > Click on Windows Security from the left pane.
- Click on the Open Windows Security button.
- Go to Virus & threat protection > Click on Manage Settings.
- Just Turn Off the Real-time protection option.
- If prompted, click on Yes to proceed further.
5. Check the Internet Connection
You should also try checking out the network connection on your side to ensure there is no internet speed or stability issue. An unstable and poor internet connection might greatly trouble you regarding the game’s server connection or multiplayer gameplay. If you’re using the Wi-Fi network, try switching to the Wired (Ethernet) or vice versa to cross-check the issue. You can also contact your service provider to check the internet-related issues.
6. Check Activision Online Services
Mostly the COD MW2 Clark Monterey error appears due to the high traffic or server outage in your region when you’re trying to play. It’s better to check the official Activision Online Services page and select the specific game from the list to get to know if servers are having issues or not. The server outage or maintenance typically restricts the game launching or connecting to the servers in most cases until the problem is solved.
7. Try Inviting Friends Manually
If the above methods didn’t work for you, then make sure to try inviting your friends manually in the COD Modern Warfare 2 game to check if the error is still bothering you or not. To do so:
- Open the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 game.
- Press the Headset button on the top right side of the lobby.
- Then go to the My Channel tab > Now, select the friend from the list, and invite manually to join the party.
- Then head over to your channel and invite all the players to your party from the screen.
- Now, you can try playing with your friends to check whether the problem has been fixed.
8. Disable Crossplay and Re-enable it
Last but not least, you should try disabling the crossplay feature and then re-enable it once again from the Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 game menu. Some affected players have tried this method and found it helpful. So, you can check it out as there is nothing much to do from your end after following all the workarounds.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.