In this tutorial, we will show you how to fix the Razer mouse sensitivity issues. Razer is known to make some of the best gaming peripherals and equipment. One among them is their mouse. Although could be used for normal purposes as well, it the main focus of these mouse benefits the gamers. They are known to provide some pretty amazing gaming mouse, both aesthetically and feature-wise. However, there’s an issue bugging a few users as of late.
Some users are complaining that the Razer mouse’s sensitivity keeps on changing, thereby causing a greater deal of trouble. This not only affects the normal usability of the mouse but also infuriates quite a few gamers. Judging by the consequences of this error, this needs to be rectified at the earliest. Therefore, in this guide, we will show you how to fix the Razer mouse sensitivity issues. Follow the detailed instructions set.
Table of Contents
Fix Razer Mouse Sensitivity Keeps Changing Issue
The reason for the aforementioned error could be related to the Razer In-Game Engine process, RazerIngameEngine file, or due to outdated software. We will have to inspect all these three issues in detail and will list out the appropriate fixes as well.
Fix 1: End the Razer In-Game Engine process
The first fix involves the use of the task manager and ending the Razer In-Game Engine process. here is how it could be done:
- Hit the Ctrl+Alt+Delete shortcut key combinations and select Task Manager from the menu.
- Search for the razeringamengine.exe program, select it, and click the End Task.
- Once that is done, close the Task Manager and Razer Synapse as well.
Now launch any game of your choice and see if the Razer mouse sensitivity issue has been fixed or not. If the issue has been resolved, then you should also make the below-mentioned changes:
- Open File Explorer and navigate to C: Program Files (x86)RazerInGameEngine64bit
- Search for RazerIngameEngine.exe. You could use the Ctrl+F to find this file.
- Select that file, right-click on it, and select Rename. Give it any other name of your choice and hit Enter.
After the rename, relaunch the Razer Synapse app and see if the Razer mouse sensitivity issue gets fixed, well and good. If not, try the next fix given below.
Fix 2: Update Razer Synapse App
An old or outdated app might cause to be an issue or two. Therefore it is recommended to update to the latest version right away. here is how it could be done:
- Click on the upward-facing issue situated at the bottom-right.
- Right-click on the Razer Synapse icon and select the Check for Updates option.
- Make sure you are connected to the internet. The application will search for the latest version and will apply the update as well.
- As soon as that is done, restart your PC once and the Razer mouse sensitivity issue might have been fixed.
Fix 3: Repair the App
- Use the Windows+R shortcut key to open the Run dialog box.
- Next, type in control and hit OK.
- Navigate to the Programs > Programs & Features and select the Razer Synapse app.
- Click on Change followed by the Yes option to confirm your decision. Razer Gaming Software will now open. Click on the Repair option.
- The app will then scan for the hardware changes and fix the issue if found. Once that is done, close the app.
- Finally, launch the game and see if the Razer mouse sensitivity issue is fixed or not. If not, here is what else you could try out.
Fix 4: Reinstall the App
If nothing else works out, then a clean reinstall of the app might do the trick. For that, you need to head over to the Programs and Features section. the easiest way to do so is via the Run dialog box.
- So use the Windows+R shortcut key combination to launch Run, type in appwiz.cpl and hit Enter.
- Now select the Razer Synapse app and hit the Uninstall option.
- Once that is done, download the latest version of the Razer Synapse software from the net.
- After the installation is complete, this new version should’ve enough to fix the Razer mouse sensitivity issue. Now comes the question to adjust the mouse sensitivity. Follow the below instructions for that.
How to Change Razer Mouse Sensitivity
- First off, make sure that the mouse is connected to the PC and launch the Razer app.
- Now choose your mouse from the list of devices and head over to the performance tab.
- Next, from the Sensitivity section, adjust the DPI according to your need.
- To further modify this DPI, you could also take the help of the Stage section. There are a total of 5 different stages, select the one that suits your need. You could also manually do the same while playing any game. This will give you a much better picture.
So this was all from this guide on how to fix the Razer mouse sensitivity issue. We hope the above methods would have managed to rectify the said issue. Likewise, do let us know in the comments which of the above-mentioned tip managed to work out in your favor. Rounding off, here are some other iPhone Tips and Tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android Tips and Trick that you should check out as well.