When it comes to the action-adventurous cowboy-type video games, the Red Dead Redemption series is a no-brainer. Rockstar Games developer team is very well-known for their developed video games. The Red Dead Redemption 2 is the third title under the Red Dead series that has won millions of hearts with its stunning visuals and gameplay. Meanwhile, some of the unfortunate players are experiencing multiple issues with the gameplay and the Red Dead Redemption 2 Stuck on Loading Screen issue is one of them. It seems that affected players can’t cross the loading screen due to some reasons. If you’re also one of the victims, make sure to follow this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
Although the Rockstar Games team has already released plenty of patch fixes, both the game and the game launcher have some issues that players are encountering badly. So, if you’re getting stuck into the loading screen infinitely or somehow the loading screen becomes unresponsive or even crashing to the desktop then don’t worry. Here we’ve shared a couple of possible workarounds that should help you out. However, we’ll recommend you keep checking for the game updates or game launcher updates periodically to reduce several bugs or compatibility issues.
Fix: Red Dead Redemption 2 Stuck on Loading Screen
Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into it.
1. Run the game as admin
Running the Red Dead Redemption 2 game as an administrator will simply allow the system to get full access to the game files in order to run properly.
- Locate the RDR2.exe file (desktop shortcut) or go directly to the installed folder.
- Now, right-click on the program file > Select Properties.
- Click on the Compatibility tab > Tick the Run this Program as an Administrator checkbox.
- Click on Apply to save changes and then select OK.
- Next, you can run the Red Dead Redemption 2 game to check for the issue.
2. Verify Game Files
If the game doesn’t run properly, make sure to verify the game files from the game launcher easily to check whether there is any corrupted or missing game file available or not. This method really works in most cases. The launcher will automatically scan for it and try to replace the missing or corrupted game file to fix the issue. Now, if you’re using the default Rockstar Games Launcher or Epic Games Launcher, we’ve mentioned both ways.
For Rockstar Games Launcher
- Open the Rockstar Games Launcher > Go to Settings.
- Click on My installed games > Select Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Now, click on the Verify Integrity option.
- Let the process to complete. Once done, just restart the launcher and try running the Red Dead Redemption 2 game to check if the Stuck on Loading Screen issue has been fixed or not.
For Epic Games Launcher
- Open the Epic Games Launcher > Go to Library.
- Locate the Red Dead Redemption 2 and click on the gear icon from the right side of Red Dead Redemption 2.
- Click on Verify > Once the verification is done, open the game and check for the issue.
However, if this method doesn’t fix the issue, you can follow some other possible methods below.
3. Update Graphics Driver
Well, it’s always better to manually download and install the latest graphics driver version on your computer directly from the official website. Just visit the graphics card manufacturer’s official website and get the latest patch. Nvidia GPU users can click on this link and AMD GPU users can click here.
Meanwhile, users can use the Device Manager option to update their graphics driver easily. To do this:
- Press Windows + X keys to open up the Quick Access Menu.
- Click on Device Manager from the list > Now, double-click on the Display adapters option.
- Right-click on the dedicated graphics card from the expanded list.
- Select Update driver > Choose Search automatically for drivers.
- Let the system to automatically check for the driver update.
- If available, it’ll automatically download and install the update.
- Once done, restart your computer and check for the issue with your Red Dead Redemption 2 Stuck on Loading Screen again.
4. Perform a Clean Boot
The chances are high enough that somehow any background running program is causing issues with the Red Dead Redemption 2 startup. If so, you can perform a clean boot to reduce such possibilities even if you don’t feel that. To do this:
- Press Windows + R keys to open up the Run dialog box.
- Now, type msconfig and hit Enter to open up the System Configuration window.
- Here click on the Services tab > Tick the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Select Disable all > Click on the Startup tab.
- Click on Open Task Manager > Go to the Startup tab.
- Click to select and disable the task individually one by one those are enabled and have a medium or high startup impact.
- Once done, go back to the System Configuration window > click on OK.
- Close all windows and restart your computer to check for the issue.
5. Disable Antivirus Program
If the game versions and drivers are up-to-date but still the Red Dead Redemption 2 Stuck on Loading Screen issue is troubling you a lot, make sure to disable the antivirus software temporarily to fix the issue. So, disabling the antivirus program can allow the system to run game files. To do so:
- Press Windows + I keys to open Windows Settings.
- Now, click on Update & Security > Click on the Windows Security section from the left pane.
- Go to Virus & threat protection by clicking on it > Turn Off the Real-time Protection toggle.
- If prompted by UAC (User Account Control), click on Yes to confirm the task.
- Finally, you can run the Red Dead Redemption 2 game and check whether it has a Stuck on the Loading Screen issue or not.
6. Delete Game Settings file
Some of the reports are also coming out that deleting the game configuration file can fix multiple issues completely because it’ll reset the game settings. You should also try it once.
- Go to This PC (File Explorer) > Head over to Documents.
- Open the Rockstar Games folder > Go to the Red Dead Redemption 2 folder.
- Open the Settings file and delete the system.xml file.
- Once done, run the game and check for the issue again.
However, if this method doesn’t fix the issue, you can follow some other ways too.
7. Disable Vertical Sync
The vertical sync effect mostly affects your gameplay experience due to over-image processing. It’s always better to turn it off in most cases to gain performance and it doesn’t have that much impact in graphics. To do so:
- Simply open the Red Dead Redemption 2 game.
- Go to the in-game Settings > Turn Off V-Sync from the graphics section.
- Now, exit the game > Right-click on the desktop screen.
- Select Nvidia Control Panel > Click on Program Settings from the Manage 3D Settings option.
- Select Add > Choose your Red Dead Redemption 2 exe file.
- Click on Vertical Sync > Turn it on.
- Click on Apply to save changes.
8. Add Graphics Tools
- Click on the Start Menu > Type features and click on Add an optional feature from the list.
- Now, click on Add a feature > Choose Graphics Tools by clicking on the checkbox.
- Select Install > Once done, reboot your PC/Laptop to apply changes.
- Finally, you should try running the Red Dead Redemption 2 game to check whether it Stuck on Loading Screen or not.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. For further queries, you can comment below.