Roblox is a global gaming creation and playing platform where people can easily imagine, create, and share their own games. As the platform is quite big and more & more people are getting merged into it, plenty of errors or bugs are also occurring to the users. Meanwhile, some of the users are experiencing the Roblox Initialization Error 4 and if you’re also one of them, check out this troubleshooting guide to fix it.
To be very specific, this particular error appears whenever Roblox players are trying to launch the game. Most importantly, this error tends to appear on both the Windows 7 & Windows 10 operating system. Now, talking about the possible reasons behind this error, there are some of the main reasons. Such as Windows Firewall or Defender may be blocking the game, some performance booster tool is causing the problem, using a modded version of the game launcher, or corrupted registry keys, etc.
How to Fix Roblox Initialization Error 4
As we’ve already mentioned some of the possible reasons above which can cause this error, let’s jump into the workaround below.
1. Disable Windows Firewall & Antivirus
- Press Windows + I keys to open up the “Windows Settings”.
- Click on ‘Update & Security’ > Click on ‘Windows Security’ from the left pane.
- Next, select ‘Virus & threat protection’ > Under the ‘Virus & threat protection settings’, click on “Manage settings”.
- Turn off all the mentioned toggles like ‘Real-time protection’, ‘Cloud-delivered protection’, ‘Automatic sample submission’, and ‘Tamper Protection’.
- Once done, go back to the ‘Virus & threat protection’ menu and click on ‘Firewall & network protection’.
- Now, click on ‘Domain network’ and turn off the “Microsoft Defender Firewall’ toggle.
- Go back and click on ‘Private network’ and turn off the same as the above step.
- Finally, restart your computer and try running the Roblox game.
2. Uninstall Third-Party Antivirus Program
If in case, you’re using any third-party antivirus program on your computer then make sure to uninstall it as sometimes disabling the antivirus software may not work properly.
- Press the Windows key on your keyboard to open up the Start menu.
- Now, type Control Panel and click on it from the search result.
- Then click on ‘Uninstall a program’ > Search for your installed antivirus software from the list.
- Right-click on it and click on ‘Uninstall’.
- If prompted, allow the process and follow the on-screen instructions to completely delete the software.
- Once done, simply restart your PC and try playing your game.
3. Whitelist the Roblox Game
If you don’t want to uninstall or disable your Windows Firewall & Defender or third-party Antivirus program on your PC then make sure to check out the steps below:
- Press Windows + R keys to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type control firewall.cpl and hit Enter to open up the Windows Defender Firewall.
- Now, click on the ‘Allow an app or feature through Windows Defender Firewall’ from the left pane.
- From the ‘Allowed app’ interface, click on ‘Change settings’.
- If prompted by UAC, click on ‘Yes’ to allow any changes.
- Next, click on the Roblox game launcher and then select both the Private & Public boxes before saving changes. [If in case, Roblox isn’t available in the list, try adding the installed game file/folder from the ‘Add another app’ button.
- Finally, restart your computer and check for the error.
4. Perform a Safe Boot
It’s also possible some of the third-party rogue programs are causing issues with the system performance and even the Roblox gaming. So, disabling background running tasks and enabling the safe boot on your system should fix the problem in most cases.
- Press Windows + R keys to open up the Run dialog box.
- Type msconfig and hit Enter to open up the System Configuration.
- If prompted by UAC, click on ‘Yes’ to continue allowing the administrative permission.
- Now, once you’re on the System Configuration page, click on the ‘Services’ tab.
- Then select ‘Hide all Microsoft services’ checkbox > Click on ‘Disable all’.
- Next, click on the ‘Startup’ tab > Click on ‘Task Manager’ to open it.
- From the Task Manager interface, click on ‘Startup’ and check which programs are causing a delay in booting the system.
- If any programs are listed there, click on them, and select ‘Disable’ one by one.
- Then click on the ‘Processes’ tab and check which processes are taking higher CPU/Memory usage > Click on them and select ‘End Task’ one by one.
- Finally, restart your computer and check whether the Roblox Initialization Error 4 has been fixed or not.
5. Use the UWP version of Roblox Game
If in case, you’re getting the initialization error on your Windows 10 system then you should run the Roblox UWP (Universal Windows Program) instead of the Roblox executable file.
- Click on the Start menu and type ‘Microsoft Store’.
- Now, click on it from the search result and click on the search icon from the top right corner.
- Type ‘Roblox’ and click on the Roblox UWP > Click on the ‘Get’ button to download the game.
- Once the game downloaded, click on the ‘Play’ button.
- Click on the ‘Login’ button on the Roblox window > Once successfully logged into the account, click on the ‘Game’ tab.
However, if this method didn’t work for you, try another method.
6. Uninstall & Reinstall Roblox Game
- Press the Windows key to open up the Start menu.
- Type ‘Control Panel’ and click on it from the search result.
- Click on ‘Uninstall a program’ > Scroll down a bit and right-click on the Roblox game.
- Now, click on ‘Uninstall/Change’ and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the removal process.
- Once done, restart your system > Open the File Explorer > Navigate to the Roblox folder below:
C:\Users\*Your Windows Username*\AppData\Local
- Open the Roblox folder > Press Ctrl + A keys to select all files inside the folder.
- Press the Delete key to remove all the game files.
- Now, go to the official Roblox website > Sign in with your existing account.
- Follow the prompts to download the game file.
- Launch the game again and check if the Roblox Initialization Error 4 has been fixed or not.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. Feel free to ask in the comment below for further queries.