Google has recently released the much-awaited Android 12 OS for its Pixel devices and more devices from other OEMs are on their way after completing the beta program. Although Android 12 has a lot of potentials to bring plenty of features and improvements to the table, it seems that some common issues are troubling the users a lot in daily life. Now, plenty of users are asking Is There a Fix for the VoLTE and VoWiFi Not Working After Android 12 Update?
Well, it’s indeed one of the most common issues among smartphone users no matter which brand and which operating system they use. The same legacy seems to continue on Android 12 even after upgrading the device from Android 11. Now, plenty of users are reporting about this particular issue, but Google didn’t acknowledge it or didn’t release any software update yet. If your carrier supports VoLTE and VoWiFi then your device having some issues.
- Is There Fix: VoLTE and VoWiFi Not Working After Android 12 Update
- 1. Check Compatibility of your Mobile or Carrier
- 2. Turn On Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE
- 3. Reboot the Wi-Fi Router
- 4. Power Cycle your Wi-Fi Router
- 5. Try Using Airplane Mode (Flight Mode)
- 6. Remove and Reinsert SIM Card
- 7. Reconnect Wi-Fi Network
- 8. Reset Network Settings
- 9. Try Using a Different Wi-Fi or SIM
- 10. Check for Software Updates
- 11. Delete Recently Installed Apps/Games
- 12. Contact Customer Support
Is There Fix: VoLTE and VoWiFi Not Working After Android 12 Update
VoLTE (Voice over LTE) is a high-speed wireless connection for mobile devices and carrier data which has a higher capacity than 3G connectivity. Whereas VoWiFi (Voice over Wi-Fi) is also known as Wi-Fi Calling that basically helps improve the call connectivity and mobile network strength using Wi-Fi additionally. However, it’s quite unfortunate that Android 12 users are unable to fully enjoy the VoLTE and VoWiFi feature on their devices.
So, if your mobile device and carrier supports VoLTE as well as VoWiFi and still the problem persists then you can check out some possible workarounds below that should help. Now, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the guide below.
1. Check Compatibility of your Mobile or Carrier
Make sure to check out the compatibility of your mobile device as well as the carrier whether both of them do support VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling or not. Sometimes it may be possible that although your device supports it, the feature hasn’t been enabled yet on your SIM or vice versa. In most cases, you’ll need to manually turn on the VoLTE and Wi-Fi Calling feature on the device to start enjoying it.
2. Turn On Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE
It’s also worth mentioning to turn on Wi-Fi Calling and VoLTE feature on your device manually from the Settings menu by following the steps below:
- Go to Settings > Tap on Network and Internet.
- Select Mobile Network and Turn on VoLTE/4G LTE.
- Next, you’ll find out the Wi-Fi Calling option. Enable it too. [On some devices, you can find it under Wi-Fi Settings]
- Once both options are enabled, make sure to reboot the device to apply changes.
3. Reboot the Wi-Fi Router
Try rebooting your Wi-Fi Router to clear out temporary cache data issues or any kind of system glitch (if any). Just turn off the router and turn it on to check if the Wi-Fi Calling is working or not.
4. Power Cycle your Wi-Fi Router
In some scenarios, it’s also worth mentioning to perform a power cycle on your Wi-Fi Router to easily fix the networking glitch or wireless connectivity issues whatsoever. Sometimes a normal reboot to the router isn’t enough.
- Turn off the router and unplug the power cable from it.
- Wait for around 30 seconds and then plug back the power cable into the router.
- Power on the router and connect to the Wi-Fi network again to check for the issue.
5. Try Using Airplane Mode (Flight Mode)
You should also try using the Airplane Mode (Flight Mode) on your Android device to check whether the network connectivity issue is still there or not. It also refreshes the networking connectivity glitch. To do so:
- Go to Settings > Tap on Network and Internet. [On some devices, it may be found directly on Settings]
- Turn ON the Airplane Mode and wait for a couple of seconds.
- Then again Turn OFF the Airplane Mode and reboot the device.
6. Remove and Reinsert SIM Card
Try removing and reinserting the SIM card on your mobile device to refresh the networking glitch. In some cases, this simple trick can also fix multiple issues whatsoever.
7. Reconnect Wi-Fi Network
Make sure to disconnect the existing Wi-Fi network and then reconnect it again to check if that fixes the issue or not. Meanwhile, you can also try removing the connected Wi-Fi network and joining it again. In that scenario, you’ll need to input the Wi-Fi password to join successfully (if the Wi-Fi network is password protected).
8. Reset Network Settings
Another thing you can do is simply reset the network settings on your mobile device to fix plenty of networking or wireless connectivity issues straight away. To do this:
- Head over to Settings > Tap on System.
- Go to Advanced > Select Reset Options.
- Tap on Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile, & Bluetooth (On some devices, you’ll find ‘Network Reset’).
- Confirm the task by following the on-screen prompts.
- It may ask you to input the device password/PIN/pattern.
- Finally, check whether the problem has been fixed or not.
9. Try Using a Different Wi-Fi or SIM
You can also try using a different Wi-Fi network or a SIM card to actually ensure whether the problem is related to the network connectivity or something is troubling you from the device itself. In some cases, having a buggy or unstable software version can also cause such network connectivity problems whatsoever.
10. Check for Software Updates
It seems that you’re still having the VoLTE or VoWiFi Not Working issue on your Android 12 device. Another thing you can do is check the software update for your device to ensure there no update is pending. If so, you should download and install the software update on the device properly. To do that:
- Open the Settings app > Scroll down the page and tap on System.
- On some devices, you’ll find About Phone > Software Update.
- Tap on Advanced > Select System update.
- Then tap on Check for updates > If there is a new update available, just Download and Install it.
- Wait for the firmware update process to be completed.
- Finally, reboot the device to check for the issue again.
11. Delete Recently Installed Apps/Games
You should also check which apps or games are recently installed on your device after updating to Android 12 and the VoWiFi or VoLTE issue starts appearing. If there is an issue with the installed third-party rogue apps or games then make sure to uninstall them one by one to check whether the issue persists or not.
12. Contact Customer Support
If none of the methods did work for you then make sure to contact the respective customer support or customer care regarding the issue. Sometimes reconfiguring the APN (Access Point Network) on the mobile device can fix the VoLTE issue. Whereas if you’re having issues with the VoWiFi then ask the support to technically help you by manually fixing the Wi-Fi calling issue.
That’s it, guys. We assume this guide was helpful to you. Feel free to ask in the comment below for further queries.