Although the user base of the Amazon App Store is not as great as Google, a small part of Android users still love to use the third-party App Store. Moreover, users who are using Huawei phones or others that don’t certify Google services might find the Amazon App Store quite useful. But recently, users are having quite a rough time with the Amazon App Store not working after upgrading to the latest Android 12. While some users claim the App Store crashes while launching, others are having different problems. Also, not only the app store itself, even the apps downloaded from the Amazon App Store don’t seem to function properly.
Fortunately, Amazon has been answering all its customer’s complaints. And just lately, the company said to have released the fix that was causing the app crashes on Android 12. Amazon didn’t mention any details about the problem or its solution. But hopefully, it shall now work properly on your device. But even so, if you are still having trouble, then here are some workarounds you might try.
Fix: Amazon App Store not working in Android 12
Users have tried many fixes to solve this persistent problem with the Amazon app store crashing on Android 12. And some of them have proved to be working as they have been successful in minimizing the issue. Although these are some temporary fixes, they can yet come in handy if you until Amazon brings up a permanent one with their new update.
1. Force Stop Amazon App Store
The first fix you could begin with is by restarting the app on your Android device. If there are any glitches within the app, restarting will fix all of them, and you should be able to fix the problem easily.
- Head on to your Device Settings.
- Go to the Application and Permissions section.
- Click on App Manager and select the Amazon App Store.
- Now, click on the Force Stop option.
- Click OK to confirm.
- Again, go back to your Home Screen and restart Amazon App Store.
2. Clear App Cache
If you use the Amazon App Store very frequently, and a lot of temporary data or cache gets stored, it might create a hindrance to the proper functioning of the app and cause Amazon App Store not working issue. Therefore, if restarting the app doesn’t make things right, you can also try clearing its cache.
- Open the Device Settings.
- Click on the Applications and Permissions section and go to App Manager.
- Now, select Amazon App Store.
- Open Internal Storage option.
- Click on the Clear Cache option on the screen.
- Launch the Amazon App Store again and check if the problem still persists or not.
3. Update Amazon App Store
Well, if you are still using the previous versions of the Amazon Store, chances are you are having trouble using an outdated version. An older version of the app always brings issues with the performance stability and functioning of the application. Perhaps updating the app seems more reasonable at such times. Here is how to update Amazon App Store:
- Go to the official page of the Amazon App Store.
- Check if a newer version is available or not.
- If yes, install the latest version on your device.
- Now, open the application and check if the problem still persists.
4. Reinstall Amazon App Store
If you are already using an updated version of the app and still having trouble with the app, you can try reinstalling it. Reinstalling Amazon App Store on Android 12 has proved to solve the issues for many users. Therefore, it is worth a try. The steps to reinstall the Amazon App Store are as follows:
- Firstly, go to Settings.
- Select Apps and go to All Apps.
- Now, Select Amazon App Store and uninstall the app.
- Open a browser and visit the official Amazon app listing page.
- Select the latest version and install it again.
- Log in to your Amazon account and check if your problem has been solved.
5. Downgrade the Amazon App Store
If you are having trouble with the updated version of the app itself, maybe downgrading the app might work out for you. Well, this is most unlikely to happen. However, if there are any bugs with the latest version, it might affect the performance of the app. Therefore, downgrading the app to its older version might be an effective solution.
In order to downgrade the Amazon App Store, you can follow the steps below:
- Firstly, uninstall the currently installed Amazon App Store on your Android 12 device.
- Now, go to the official listing site of Amazon.
- Select the older version of the application and install it.
- Check if this method is helpful in resolving the issue.
As per Amazon’s support team’s replies to the complaints, they mentioned that their technical team is still working on the Amazon App Store not working issue and looking for a permanent resolution. Moreover, Amazon also mentioned having brought a newer update with a reliable fix. However, as there is not much transparency in the information and users are still having trouble even with the latest version, they are yet looking for a better update.
Perhaps you could try on the above fixes to find a temporary solution to the problem until Amazon releases another update. Also, if you are lucky enough, one of the above fixes might work out for a longer time for you. Let us know in the comments if you have further queries or suggestions.