Today Samsung launched the 2020 edition of the Galaxy “A” series smartphone i.e. Galaxy A51 in India. These smartphones are the successor to the last year’s Galaxy A50. The device was first unveiled in Vietnam back in December 2019. Soon after the launch, there were reports that the device will be hitting Indian markets. Here we’ve shared a full list of Samsung Galaxy A51 Software Update Tracker.
If you’re a Samsung Galaxy A51 user and waiting for the latest firmware update or missed out on any particular firmware version, then you can easily find out the firmware and download it from the given link. Additionally, we’ve provided the firmware update changelogs, installation steps, requirements, etc. So, without wasting any more time, let’s jump into the device overview below.
Samsung Galaxy A51 Specifications
The Samsung Galaxy A51 sports a 6.5-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED Infinity-O display with an aspect ratio of 20:9. The display also has an 87.4% screen-to-body ratio and a pixel density of 405 PPI. The display also contains the in-display fingerprint scanner and Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protects the device. The device has a plastic back and the same plastic frame too.
Underneath the device, the in-house octa-core Exynos 9611 SoC which pairs Mali-G72 MP3 powers the Galaxy A51. This SoC is built on the 10nm process and this also pairs with 6 and 8GB of RAM and 64 and 128GB of internal storage. Further, the storage is expandable via a MicroSD card up to 512GB. The device has a dedicated SIM slot where at a time you can insert two nano SIM’s and a micro SD card.
Talking about optics, the Galaxy A51 has a quad rear camera set up in an L-shaped arrangement. This quad-camera setup includes a primary 48MP sensor with an f/2.0 aperture value. This sensor pairs with a 5MP secondary depth sensor with an f/2.2 aperture. Further, it also sports a 5MP tertiary macro sensor with an f/2.4 aperture value. Finally, the device also sports a 12MP ultra-wide camera with an f/2.2 aperture value. To the front, the device sports a 32MP sensor with an f/2.2 aperture value.
The Galaxy A51 packs a 4000 mAh battery which supports up to 15W quick charge and also charges over type c. The device runs one One UI 2.0 which is based on the latest Android 10. It is available in four colors namely the Prism Crush Black, White, Blue, Pink. Connectivity options include Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot, Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE, GPS with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS. It has also support for NFC on board.
Check OTA Update
Samsung always releases firmware OTA updates to its eligible devices in batches based on the server or region. So, it’s quite obvious that most of the users may receive the firmware update notification lately. However, it’s recommended to check for OTA updates manually on your device via the phone settings.
- Settings > About phone > Software updates > Check for Updates
- If the new software update is available, then tap Download now.
- Post the download, tap on Install update to begin the installation.
Make sure to connect your device to a Wi-Fi network and fully charge the battery level. If your device gets the latest software update notification, you can simply grab the OTA by downloading and installing it. But if in case, you want to install any particular update version or want to keep updated with each and every firmware update, you should follow the tracker list below.
Samsung Galaxy A51 Software Update Tracker
We will keep updating the firmware update details whenever a new update will be available. So, make sure to bookmark this page.
Make sure to download the correct firmware for your device. If you are using SM-A515F/FN/U/GN, then download firmware starting with SM-A515F/FN/G/GN.
Samsung Galaxy A51 SM-A515F Global/Asia/Europe
- A515FXXU5FVG3: July 2022 patch
- A515FXXU5FVE2: May 2022 (April 2022 Patch)
- A515FXXU5FVD2: Android 12 (April 2022 Patch)
- A515FXXU5EUL3: January 2022 Patch [Global]
- A515FXXU5EUJ4: November 2021 Patch [Global]
- A515FXXU5EUG5: July 2021 Patch [Global]
- A515FXXU5EUG2: July 2021 Patch [Global]
- A515FXXU4EUD7: May 2021 Patch [Global]
- A515FXXU4CTJ1: October 2020 Patch [South America]
- A515FXXU4CTJ3: October 2020 Patch [South America]
- A515FXXU3BTI2: September 2020 patch [South America]
- A515USQS3ATHB: September 2020 patch [Verizon]
- A515FXXU3BTF4: June 2020 Security patch [India, UAE, Vietnam, and Tunisia]
How to Install Stock Firmware on Samsung Galaxy A51 Manually
Ensure to follow all the requirements properly before going to the firmware installation process.
- Before you go ahead with the procedure, make sure to take a complete backup of your Samsung phone.
- Install the appropriate Samsung Galaxy USB drivers.
- Make sure to charge your device to at least 60%.
- Download the latest version of the Odin tool.
- Make sure to enable USB Debugging:
– To do that again, head to the Settings>>Developer Options>> allow USB Debugging.
- Enter your Galaxy device into the Download mode by pressing Volume Down + Home + Power buttons for Samsung phones with capacitive buttons and Volume Down + Bixby + Power for newer models.
Download Required Tools:
- How to Download Firmware: Frija Tool | Samfirm Tool | Samsung Firmware Website
- Latest Samsung USB Drivers
- Install the Samsung Kies software on your PC.
- Flash tool: ODIN Flash tool
Instructions to Install
- Download the appropriate Galaxy stock firmware for your phone.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy device to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Samsung device.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
We hope this tracker list and firmware flashing guide was helpful to all the Samsung Galaxy A51 users. If you’ve any queries, you can comment below.