This post lets you download and install the latest Android 13 stable update for Samsung Galaxy M22 devices. Now that Google has released the sturdy build of its latest OS, Android 13, many OEMs are quick to jump on this bandwagon. Going by the track record of Samsung, it is no surprise that they have also released an update for their flagship smartphones. This new One UI 5.1 update would bring in many noteworthy features for the end-users.
To begin with, the new brings in improvements like multi-language support, user privacy, revamped clipboard features, and more. Other than these, there are a few design changes, like an updated media player and support for themed icons to match wallpaper colour. Here are the detailed instructions to download and install the latest Android 13 update for the Samsung Galaxy M22 devices.
Samsung Galaxy M22 Specification:
Samsung Galaxy M22 features a glass front, plastic frame, and a plastic back. It supports Dual SIM (Nano-SIM) functionality and comes with a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display with a 90Hz refresh rate, delivering smooth visuals. The display boasts a resolution of 720 x 1600 pixels, resulting in a pixel density of about 274 ppi. It also features a peak brightness of 600 nits and supports HDR content.
Running on Android 11, Samsung Galaxy M22 smartphone is upgradable to Android 12 with the One UI 4.1 skin. Samsung Galaxy M22 powered by the Mediatek MT6769V/CU Helio G80 chipset, featuring an octa-core CPU configuration with 2×2.0 GHz Cortex-A75 cores and 6×1.8 GHz Cortex-A55 cores, as well as a Mali-G52 MC2 GPU. It offers various memory configurations, including 64GB storage with 4GB RAM, 128GB storage with 4GB RAM, and 128GB storage with 6GB RAM. Storage is based on eMMC 5.1 technology, and there’s a dedicated microSDXC card slot for storage expansion.
In the camera department, the Samsung Galaxy M22 features a quad-camera setup, including a 48MP wide lens with PDAF and OIS, an 8MP ultrawide lens with a 123˚ field of view, and 2MP macro and depth sensors. It supports features like LED flash, panorama, and HDR, and it can record videos at 1080p@30fps. The selfie camera is a 13MP wide lens, capable of recording 1080p@30fps videos.
Powering the device is a non-removable 5000mAh Li-Po battery, which supports 25W wired charging for quick replenishment of the battery.
Android 13 and Its Features
Google has finally started rolling out their stable Android 13 update to the public. As expected, only Google has released the update to their Pixel lineup, but no OEM has started cooking a stable yet.
Regarding the Android 13, it seems that the Android 13’s successor has plenty of additional features and improvements to its predecessor. We’ve already seen and used the major UI and design element changes in Android 13 last year, known as ‘Material You.’ This materialistic theming design enhanced the Android user experience from the minimal subtle look, rounded corners, improved pop-ups, etc.
Whereas the improved scrolling screenshots, optimized one-handed UI mode, better privacy & security features, improved app notifications, per-app basis language preferences, app permissions to send notifications, BT LE Audio support, auto theme icons, updated now playing widget, etc. Users will also find intuitive QR scanner support, enhanced silent mode, tap-to-transfer media controls, multiple profiles for NFC payments, and more.
Download Android 13 | One UI 5.1 Update:
|Build Number: M225FVXXU8DWH4
Security Patch: August 2023
File Size: 4 GB
Steps to Install Android 13 on Samsung Galaxy M22
Before we get straight to the steps to flash the One UI 5.1 update based on Android 13 on your Samsung Galaxy M22, let us look at the prerequisites first.
- Download and Install Samsung Kies Software on your computer.
- You must download the latest Samsung USB Drivers and install them on your PC.
- Make sure that you have ODIN Software installed on your PC.
- You will also require a Windows PC/Laptop and a USB cable.
- Keep your Samsung Galaxy M22 battery charged by at least 60% for a smoother process.
- Take a backup of your device (No Root) before doing anything.
Now, let’s take a look at the Steps to flash Stock ROM on Samsung Galaxy M22.
We have provided a full detailed installation guide to flash the Android 13 update using Odin Tool on your Samsung Galaxy M22. To flash Android 13 (One UI 5.1) on Samsung Galaxy M22, you need to follow the below guide carefully:
- Download the appropriate Android 13 firmware file for your Samsung Galaxy M22.
- Extract the contents of the firmware zip file.
- Notice that the extracted files will be in “.tar” or “.tar.md5” format.
- Now download and extract the Odin tool on your PC.
- Open the extracted folder and click on the Odin.exe file.
- You need to connect your Galaxy M22 to the PC while it is in Download Mode.
- Notice that the CO port will light up on Odin once you connect your phone.
- Click the AP button and select the firmware.
- Do the same for BL, CP, and CSC.
- Keep in mind that the regular CSC file will erase the entire data. In order to save the data, select the ‘HOME_CSC‘ file.
- Don’t forget to select Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time in the Options tab.
- Click the Start button to install the firmware on your Galaxy M22.
- That’s it! You will see a PASS message once the installation is complete.
Check out our full-depth video guide as well.
We hope that this guide will be helpful to you. If in case, you’re facing any issues, feel free to ask in the comments below.